C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Up display on 2007 Corvette Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 11:51 AM
OaklandRaider76
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up display on 2007 Corvette Coupe

Hello. This is my first post to this forum, so please forgive me if this topic has been discussed on another thread. I have a 2007 Corvette Coupe without the Heads Up display. Is it possible to purchase and install such a unit? If so, can you please post recommendations for doing so? (not how to install, rather how to acquire and pay for an installation).

Thanks,
Robert
Old 09-20-2018, 11:54 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by OaklandRaider76
Hello. This is my first post to this forum, so please forgive me if this topic has been discussed on another thread. I have a 2007 Corvette Coupe without the Heads Up display. Is it possible to purchase and install such a unit? If so, can you please post recommendations for doing so? (not how to install, rather how to acquire and pay for an installation).

Thanks,
Robert
Yes, it is possible, and I've done some. Best to google it. You will find youtubes showing details of the install. There is a "long" way and a short cut way. I've done the short cuts. In fact, the last few I did I did not even remove the steering wheel. I can probably do one in 3 to 4 hours. Some will beat me on that...but I'm older.....LOL!

To your question, just look at some of the GM parts houses (I don't make recommendations) and price out the kit. There is a small simple custom harness that is needed too. Some kits have the harness or it is available on Ebay. Suggest you DO NOT buy a used HUD. They break easily and you only want to through the install if the head unit is new.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 09-20-2018 at 12:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
corvette312 (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 12:36 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by OaklandRaider76

Thanks,
Robert
Based on what I set in bold, all I can say is you can contact any good Corvette shop in your area and they will have what is needed and as far paying for it, if you don't have the cash needed, a credit card will work or if you don't have that you will most likely need to borrow the money needed. If your funds are that short, I suggest you wait until you have a little extra money for this.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:38 PM
OaklandRaider76
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
Based on what I set in bold, all I can say is you can contact any good Corvette shop in your area and they will have what is needed and as far paying for it, if you don't have the cash needed, a credit card will work or if you don't have that you will most likely need to borrow the money needed. If your funds are that short, I suggest you wait until you have a little extra money for this.
Ha. I should have taken greater care in composing that sentence. No problem with funds on hand, just want to make sure it's done right. Thanks for your input. -Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Heads Up display on 2007 Corvette Coupe

Quick Reply: Heads Up display on 2007 Corvette Coupe