C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise after slave cylinder replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:53 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,447 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Default Noise after master cylinder replacement

So 2 months or so ago I had my master cylinder replaced under the gm action for the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Ever since I've had a strange noise that sounds almost like static, but of follows the rpm like alternator whine. Its fairly quiet, but if you listen for it with the radio off you can hear it. I think I'm outside of the warranty period for the work the dealership did, so does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

Last edited by FAUEE; 09-22-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:43 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

TBS Recall for pedal sticking to the floor was for the master cylinder, not the slave cylinder, to be replaced.

If GM replaced the slave cylinder for some reason, then they had to drop the drive line to do such, and would carry a 12 month warranty on service from the start.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:08 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dano523
TBS Recall for pedal sticking to the floor was for the master cylinder, not the slave cylinder, to be replaced.

If GM replaced the slave cylinder for some reason, then they had to drop the drive line to do such, and would carry a 12 month warranty on service from the start.
My bad, Master cylinder was replaced. I will try to edit the title.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:34 AM
HT1663WB
Melting Slicks

Received 138 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
My bad, Master cylinder was replaced. I will try to edit the title.
Are you hearing the noise while you're driving? I did the install on my Z myself. It was covered but I just didn't want to have to go through the whole towing issue etc.

Anyway, where the rod comes through the firewall there is a large rubber grommet. It probably took me 2 hours to get that seated correctly...its a pain in the a@@! If the tech gave up trying to get it in right maybe you're hearing some wind noise causing a vibration..just a thought.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:55 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by HT1663WB
Are you hearing the noise while you're driving? I did the install on my Z myself. It was covered but I just didn't want to have to go through the whole towing issue etc.

Anyway, where the rod comes through the firewall there is a large rubber grommet. It probably took me 2 hours to get that seated correctly...its a pain in the a@@! If the tech gave up trying to get it in right maybe you're hearing some wind noise causing a vibration..just a thought.
It honestly sounded like Injector noise to me. I think you're on to something here. I'll try to seat that grommet better and see if that helps. The nice part is I can hear it sitting still in the garage once started, so I can test if its fixed quickly.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-22-2018, 10:31 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by HT1663WB

HUGE thanks for this. I felt around and sure enough, the engine bay portion of the grommet was just flopping around there. So I reached down there and after a few mi utes of fiddling got it seated , and my noise was cured!

Thanks a ton for the tip, glad it was something simple.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:29 AM
HT1663WB
Melting Slicks

Received 138 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
HUGE thanks for this. I felt around and sure enough, the engine bay portion of the grommet was just flopping around there. So I reached down there and after a few mi utes of fiddling got it seated , and my noise was cured!

Thanks a ton for the tip, glad it was something simple.
excellent!! Good job!

Get notified of new replies

To Noise after slave cylinder replacement

Quick Reply: Noise after slave cylinder replacement