C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Making progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 03:17 PM
jbthomas
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Making progress

Painted the doors on my 66...looking good so far. Painting the body this week. And working on the hood. Interior is pretty much complete, everything restored by Rick. just have to put the console and seats back in after the doors are reassembled. Had the vent window frames rechromed and I replaced the regulators while I was at it. Restored the grill this morning...masking took a while but it came out nice. I will post some more pictures as I reassemble.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:40 PM
jbthomas
Advanced

Originally Posted by jbthomas
Painted the doors on my 66...looking good so far. Painting the body this week. And working on the hood. Interior is pretty much complete, everything restored by Rick. just have to put the console and seats back in after the doors are reassembled. Had the vent window frames rechromed and I replaced the regulators while I was at it. Restored the grill this morning...masking took a while but it came out nice. I will post some more pictures as I reassemble.

Trophy Blue

Polished and painted

Old 09-23-2018, 03:56 PM
Shift_Happens
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 47 Posts

looking good...love the silver. Is the SOP to paint the body with the dash in place? Or can the dash tabs be touched up with color afterwards?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:48 PM
jbthomas
Advanced

I am just masking off the interior and painting. The color is trophy blue (original color). I can retouch the pads afterwards if needed but I don't think it will be a problem. There wasn't much corrosion around the windshield but it is all cleaned up, primed and ready to paint now.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:46 PM
CorvetteMikeB
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 311 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Looking good. Like your paint choice.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:56 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

That looks nice! Love the color too.

I would like to be able to paint a few things too, but I'm a bit worried about spraying things at different times.

Do you still have to worry about spraying the same paint with the possibility of different temperatures involved?

Pat

Get notified of new replies

To Making progress

Quick Reply: Making progress