Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 77 Buckskin door panels & Leather seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:17 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 77 Buckskin door panels & Leather seat covers

I need to replace the two Buckskin door panels and leather seat covers (at least the drivers) and both seat cushions on my 77 L82. Please advise.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 09-27-2018, 02:52 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Sent you a PM

Originally Posted by KNOT-HEAD
I need to replace the two Buckskin door panels and leather seat covers (at least the drivers) and both seat cushions on my 77 L82. Please advise.

KNOT-HEAD
Hi, Pat over here next door in Lafayette, sent you a PM, might help.

Last edited by 20mercury; 09-27-2018 at 03:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KNOT-HEAD (09-27-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 05:49 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 20mercury

Hi, Pat over here next door in Lafayette, sent you a PM, might help.
Thanks Pat,
They look better than the drives seat I have. I would be interested in getting them from you if we can make the proper arrangements. Do you have any cushions? Or possibly a matching set of door panels?
KNOT-HEAD
Old 09-27-2018, 07:11 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Sent you a PM

H
Thanks Pat,
They look better than the drives seat I have. I would be interested in getting them from you if we can make the proper arrangements. Do you have any cushions? Or possibly a matching set of door panels?
KNOT-HEAD
Yes, found some foam that might work but sorry no door panels.

Call me when convenient if interested and we can see how to find a way for you to take a look at them.

Last edited by 20mercury; 09-27-2018 at 07:20 PM.
KNOT-HEAD (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 08:29 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

H

Yes, found some foam that might work but sorry no door panels.

Call me when convenient if interested and we can see how to find a way for you to take a look at them.
Thanks,
I'm kinda NECK DEEP in hot water with my wife over the money I have spent on our 77 in the two years we have owned it.... especially in the last six months. I brought up to her how much new seats and door panels would cost last night.... Let's just put it this way... it did not go over well. These covers look a little better than what I have. My passenger seat looks a little better than yours. My worst one is the drivers seat, especially the bottom part. Yours looks like it is in better shape than what I have. For the price you are asking, it would be worth my while to buy all of it just to be able to replace that cover. Another guy on the site has a pair of used cushions. Between the two of you... I may be able to get the temperature of the water to drop a few degrees. I still need to lay low a few weeks. The car is in the shop now having a 395/485hp crate engine installed... the rest is a LONG story. If interested in some stories that will make "YOU" feel better about your relationship with your Corvette, go to the C3 Tech thread and look up "how to determine engine HP". It covers my two year battle with my 77 L82 "money pit".

I am very interested in the covers. I will check back with you if and when the smoke clears. My car should be out of the shop by the middle of next week. I hope to be able to drive it to Crusin The Coast next weekend. If that trip turns out OK, it would be a good excuse to take a road trip to Lafayette and compare your covers with mine.

KNOT-HEAD

P.S.
Got any pictures of the foam? How much will you be asking for them?

Last edited by KNOT-HEAD; 09-28-2018 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Add a P.S.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:49 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Yep, what would we do without our wives???

Thanks,
I'm kinda NECK DEEP in hot water with my wife over the money I have spent on our 77 in the two years we have owned it.... especially in the last six months. I brought up to her how much new seats and door panels would cost last night.... Let's just put it this way... it did not go over well. These covers look a little better than what I have. My passenger seat looks a little better than yours. My worst one is the drivers seat, especially the bottom part. Yours looks like it is in better shape than what I have. For the price you are asking, it would be worth my while to buy all of it just to be able to replace that cover. Another guy on the site has a pair of used cushions. Between the two of you... I may be able to get the temperature of the water to drop a few degrees. I still need to lay low a few weeks. The car is in the shop now having a 395/485hp crate engine installed... the rest is a LONG story. If interested in some stories that will make "YOU" feel better about your relationship with your Corvette, go to the C3 Tech thread and look up "how to determine engine HP". It covers my two year battle with my 77 L82 "money pit".

I am very interested in the covers. I will check back with you if and when the smoke clears. My car should be out of the shop by the middle of next week. I hope to be able to drive it to Crusin The Coast next weekend. If that trip turns out OK, it would be a good excuse to take a road trip to Lafayette and compare your covers with mine.

KNOT-HEAD

P.S.
Got any pictures of the foam? How much will you be asking for them?
Yep, what would we do without our wives??? Seriously, we would not be much I think. No doubt "our better half"!

I get a LOTS of practice explaining, LOL's!

I will share , lets see:

You spend money, (be careful with this one).

I am retired and not going to sit and watch tv

this is cheaper than chasing those silly little white ***** with dimples

Corvettes are WAY cheaper than fishing or hunting.

This is a hobby that that couples can enjoy (can you help me bleed the brakes, install this windshield, sand the body this weekend when you are not doing anything, great upper body exercise!)

What else do we have to spend our extra money on??

How about we start a Corvette tax, you get to spend one penny on every dollar I spend on Corvettes??? sound fair, eh?

You won't get on a Harley (thanks goodness) ha!

How about we go out to eat tonight, MY TREAT!

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!!

Sent you a PM, call me when convenient.

Last edited by 20mercury; 09-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.
KNOT-HEAD (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 09:23 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Yep, what would we do without our wives??? Seriously, we would not be much I think. No doubt "our better half"!

I get a LOTS of practice explaining, LOL's!

I will share , lets see:

You spend money, (be careful with this one). she spends dollars on pretty stuff. I spend thousands on stuff that cost more thousands to be able too keep using.

I am retired and not going to sit and watch TV. I used to be very active until I reached 53 years old. Now I'm a 67.75 year old couch potato.

this is cheaper than chasing those silly little white ***** with dimples. I have owned three sets of club's and ended up giving them all away. I hate that silly game.

Corvettes are WAY cheaper than fishing or hunting. Hay!!! Now that you mention it, I have a 24' center console, Blue Wave boat I spent $3,

This is a hobby that that couples can enjoy (can you help me bleed the brakes, install this windshield, sand the body this weekend when you are not doing anything, great upper body exercise!) See attachment! I don't know why she "bitches"... I bought her a "brand new" mat to lay on!

What else do we have to spend our extra money on?? Birthdays, Christmas etc. for the kids and grand kids!

How about we start a Corvette tax, you get to spend one penny on every dollar I spend on Corvettes??? sound fair, eh? We already have that set up!

You won't get on a Harley (thanks goodness) ha! STOP!!!! You are about to make me cry. My 96 Road King and third true love drowned in the Great Louisiana Flood of 2016 "#1. 57 Chevy Belair in 1967-1968, #2. 96 Road King till 2016, #3. John Deer tractor with all the implements...(I'm just bragging when I bring up I have ALL THE IMPLEMENTS)..., #4. My lovely wife. She was really pissed when I bought the John Deer and pushed her from third to fourth.

How about we go out to eat tonight, MY TREAT! When we go out to eat, about once a week, that's a smooth $100, just for the two of us...Those alcoholic beverages really run up the bill...LOL!

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE!!! I had 40.6 years of marital bliss. Then I bought a 77 blue Corvette, six months ago the wife had to quit smoking, alcohol and pharmaceutical pain killers and depression medicine she had been on before we even met, so she could have neck surgery.... THAT WAS THE ROUGHEST THING WE HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH, TO DATE!. Had the surgery and had to sit home for four months and in a neck brace for three of those months. Thank God she goes back to work for the first time this morning.

Sent you a PM, call me when convenient.
I will check the PM and will give you a call after we get back from Crusin The Coast....HOPEFULLY! Would you mind attaching a picture of the cushions?

KNOT-HEAD

Old 10-01-2018, 12:13 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Too funny!

I will check the PM and will give you a call after we get back from Crusin The Coast....HOPEFULLY! Would you mind attaching a picture of the cushions?

KNOT-HEAD
TOO FUNNY!!!

Been married to same women since 76, ever how long that is, would not trade any of it, LOL's! We are fortunate! But don't tell them that.

Sent that photo to my wife for inspiration to get more involved. And new mat/creeper for her along with a new dishwasher for her for Christmas, ha!

Here are a couple, email me for more
Pat Branch
225 802 7568
patbranch100@gmail.com

Will watch for your blue 77 at Cruisin, are you folks involved with any Corvette clubs?

Last edited by 20mercury; 10-01-2018 at 12:13 PM.
KNOT-HEAD (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 01:45 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

TOO FUNNY!!!

Been married to same women since 76, ever how long that is, would not trade any of it, LOL's! We are fortunate! But don't tell them that.

Sent that photo to my wife for inspiration to get more involved. And new mat/creeper for her along with a new dishwasher for her for Christmas, ha!

Here are a couple, email me for more
Pat Branch
225 802 7568
patbranch100@gmail.com

Will watch for your blue 77 at Cruisin, are you folks involved with any Corvette clubs?

Don't let my wife hear you got a creeper for yours. I just concreted the carport. If she hears that...she's going to say "I don't love her enough to buy her one". I guess I should get one just in case! How much are you going to ask for the cushions? I have never been a "club" person. Tried it a few times but just did not fit in. We will be hanging out with a red 76 mint condition Corvette and a mint condition El Camino. We should be there about 9:00pm Friday. Text us when you get there.
KNOT-HEAD
KNOT-HEAD

Last edited by KNOT-HEAD; 10-02-2018 at 07:58 AM. Reason: remove phone number
Old 10-01-2018, 04:10 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Dang, looks like we might miss you.

Don't let my wife hear you got a creeper for yours. I just concreted the carport. If she hears that...she's going to say "I don't love her enough to buy her one". I guess I should get one just in case! How much are you going to ask for the cushions? I have never been a "club" person. Tried it a few times but just did not fit in. We will be hanging out with a red 76 mint condition Corvette and a mint condition El Camino. We should be there about 9:00pm Friday. Text us when you get there. 225-354-9120
KNOT-HEAD
KNOT-HEAD
Dang, looks like we might miss you. We are going Thursday morning and leaving Fri afternoon. Oh well. Catch you another time.

How about $125 cash or $100 cash and a case of COORS (the preferred currency of my Corvette friends)???
KNOT-HEAD (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 05:54 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Dang, looks like we might miss you. We are going Thursday morning and leaving Fri afternoon. Oh well. Catch you another time.

How about $125 cash or $100 cash and a case of COORS (the preferred currency of my Corvette friends)???
Looks like we may not be able to make it this year. The mechanic shop is still waiting on the harmonic balance and flywheel they ordered from JEGS for the new engine.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 10-17-2018, 09:11 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks but I found a set of cushions. I am still interested in the coves. I haven't gotten the car back yet. If all goes well, the weekend I get it back, I will give you a call to see if my wife and myself can take a trip to Rajun Cajun country and see if your covers are better then the originals on the car.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 10-17-2018, 10:59 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

No problem, no hurry, we are back and forth to Pierre Part every few weeks and just let me know and I will bring them and you can look and see what you think.
KNOT-HEAD (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 03:45 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I still haven't gotten the car back. The finally got the correct universal joint in and installed. They are checking out why the rear of the car has a shimmy and why the new engine is dieseling! Just have to keep on keeping on! When we get the car, we can work out the details on where to meet.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 10-25-2018, 11:01 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Pierre Part this weekend

I still haven't gotten the car back. The finally got the correct universal joint in and installed. They are checking out why the rear of the car has a shimmy and why the new engine is dieseling! Just have to keep on keeping on! When we get the car, we can work out the details on where to meet.

KNOT-HEAD
We are going to be in Pierre Part this weekend, if you want to do that.

Call me and let me know and I will bring the covers for you to check out.

225 802 7568 leave a message
The following 2 users liked this post by 20mercury:
danh77 (02-13-2019), KNOT-HEAD (10-29-2018)
Old 02-12-2019, 05:26 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

We are going to be in Pierre Part this weekend, if you want to do that.

Call me and let me know and I will bring the covers for you to check out.

225 802 7568 leave a message
20mercury,
I finally got the car where it can actually make a round trip to Lafayette without needing a tow truck. Do you still have the seat covers?

KNOT-HEAD
Old 02-13-2019, 12:41 AM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Default Congratulations!

20mercury,
I finally got the car where it can actually make a round trip to Lafayette without needing a tow truck. Do you still have the seat covers?

KNOT-HEAD
Congratulations! Always a happy day when you get to drive your C3!

Sent you a PM.
KNOT-HEAD (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 08:32 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

10/4

Get notified of new replies

To 77 Buckskin door panels & Leather seat covers

Quick Reply: WTB: 77 Buckskin door panels & Leather seat covers