Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Plycar

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:10 AM
ZO6FL
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Plycar

Sorry for the long post but wanted to get this out.
There are often folks asking about enclosed carry haulers here so I just wanted to post my recent experience. Currently moving from FL to TN. I’d only previously used Exotic Auto which apparently out of business now. I received a quote from Reliable but it was a convenience pickup which wasn’t going to work for me. $1053.
I called Plycar at the recommendation of Roger @ Rogers Corvettes.
They we’re able to modify the pick up to fit my flight sch and pick it up the night before so I could be in TN to meet the trailer.
The dispatcher (Mike) was easy to work with and the driver (Rene) was awesome. He made it to my pick up with minutes to spare before expiring DOT hours and delivered it a day earlier than expected. Communication was great and a damage free delivery! A few bucks more ($1100) but worth it! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2018, 03:08 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

thats great to know about the car transport company

on another note, i actually bought my car from exotic autos, one of the last ones out the door before the folded....i delt with a guy named andy simmons...(complete liar, unreliable & unprofessional)
Old 10-03-2018, 10:25 PM
ZO6FL
Racer

Actually it was Exotic Car Transport, not Exotic Auto. Big yellow trucks. I didn’t identify them correctly.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:46 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6FL
Actually it was Exotic Car Transport, not Exotic Auto. Big yellow trucks. I didn’t identify them correctly.

AHHH gotcha LOL

well at least we have a recommendation on car transport thats current. A guy who purchased a zr1 back in early summer and had a pretty horrible experience with his transport company, not sure where that thread went but there was video and pics of damages
Old 10-11-2018, 06:42 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

So far my experience is totally different. I filled out a form online for a quote and got a price quote. About a week later I decided to purchase the car and set up the shipping, so I filled out the quote form with my credit card info and the pick up location and it auto replied, someone will contact you in 24-48 hours. I waited two days and nothing, so I called and they sent me to a voice mail and nobody returned that call. The next day I got a call from someone asking for my credit card information. I told her I filled that all out online and she didn't know what I was talking about. She kept saying, do you want to set this up? So, Yeah, yeah let's go. Gave her the number and she said someone would be contacting me. Days later and still nothing. I called on 10/3 and he told me someone would pick up the car on 10/11. On 10/11 a driver called the seller (not me) and said he would be there someday next week. So far I have never received a call or email regarding the pick up schedule. We'll see what happens next week.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
So far my experience is totally different. I filled out a form online for a quote and got a price quote. About a week later I decided to purchase the car and set up the shipping, so I filled out the quote form with my credit card info and the pick up location and it auto replied, someone will contact you in 24-48 hours. I waited two days and nothing, so I called and they sent me to a voice mail and nobody returned that call. The next day I got a call from someone asking for my credit card information. I told her I filled that all out online and she didn't know what I was talking about. She kept saying, do you want to set this up? So, Yeah, yeah let's go. Gave her the number and she said someone would be contacting me. Days later and still nothing. I called on 10/3 and he told me someone would pick up the car on 10/11. On 10/11 a driver called the seller (not me) and said he would be there someday next week. So far I have never received a call or email regarding the pick up schedule. We'll see what happens next week.
Sounds awful...it certainly wouldn't instill confidence in me.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:24 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Yeah I wouldn't let them move the car...I'd contact my credit card company and block any future charges they might apply since they already have your info.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 AM
ZO6FL
Racer

Tom,
Sorry to hear that. Definitely not my experience.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:51 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Typically I use Southern Integrity out of NC... But they are booked up. Owners Drew, Ben are top notch!! Timely, courteous, Excellent communication throughout start to finish. Enclosed trailer. They picked up my C6Z from Upstate NY and delivered to Dallas in a few days. Same experience with my 99 SS from Michigan. Recently picked up an 01 Formula Friehawk. Unfortunately they were booked until mid November. I went with another transporter. This one will be open trailer. Car was in KY... It is enroute as I type. I'll post up my experience with them once it arrives sometime next week.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:38 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Big article in the paper today about auto transport. Sometimes its not the carrier your speaking to but a broker or middleman. After he contracts you he shops around for the cheapest price and that guy has to wait until he can make a profitable run it can and will turn into a nightmare. One story was of an uninsured carrier that wrecked. You gotta do your due diligence

Clif
Old 10-13-2018, 04:50 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by z06clif
Big article in the paper today about auto transport. Sometimes its not the carrier your speaking to but a broker or middleman. After he contracts you he shops around for the cheapest price and that guy has to wait until he can make a profitable run it can and will turn into a nightmare. One story was of an uninsured carrier that wrecked. You gotta do your due diligence

Clif
Yeah, If I had to do it over I would have selected Pilot Transportation . PILOT
Old 10-15-2018, 02:26 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Well, no call, email, or driver. Still waiting
Old 10-15-2018, 02:42 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

and you will still pay FULL PRICE...
Old 10-16-2018, 02:36 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tom, this just stinks all the way around. I'd cancel this fiasco and go with your Pilot choice instead.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Tom, this just stinks all the way around. I'd cancel this fiasco and go with your Pilot choice instead.
I tried that and they are backed up 3-4 weeks. I still will use them (Pilot) in the future because when I called I got directly to an agent, he quoted a competitive price, and they use their own rigs. No farming out.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I tried that and they are backed up 3-4 weeks. I still will use them (Pilot) in the future because when I called I got directly to an agent, he quoted a competitive price, and they use their own rigs. No farming out.
definately a frustrating situation. Screwed no matter where you turn

Clif
Old 10-18-2018, 09:17 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Still no call, email, or driver. Still waiting for Plycar

Booked with Montway, well see how that goes

Get notified of new replies

To Plycar

Old 10-18-2018, 10:51 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Keep an eye on your CCard and make sure you don't have any current or pending charges from the first company.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:21 AM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 925 Likes on 683 Posts

well all these sound like a fly and drive is the way to go in my opinion

drew
Old 10-19-2018, 09:12 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

My Firehawk arrived yesterday.. Had a beer can in the back seat... "Keystone Light"... Figures as much being that the car was from KY... Well, mileage was same as when she left and it arrived with no additional bumps, bruises. The car is horribly dirty... Gonna need to clay bar this thing.

Quick Reply: Plycar