Sponsored by:

MRC GM Tech Bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 10:09 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Default MRC GM Tech Bulletin

Can anyone put me on the GM Tech. Bulletin if there is such a thing for the new MRC upgrade. My dealer is looking for this info and hasn't come up with it as of yet so I thought I would give it a shot. I have read a lot of info on it but nothing official from GM officially. Thanks
Old 10-14-2018, 11:44 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Post #80 in here has a link to a GM document with all info:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...upgrade-4.html
Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Thank you sir
Old 10-15-2018, 10:02 AM
rip74
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 50 Posts

The most important thing to stress to them is the technician has to follow the directions and CALL the GM Techline number listed on step 2. My dealer, even after I gave them the paper instructions (attached document) for the UPGRADE when I dropped the car off, still called to say the suspension module program was all up to date. They just hooked up to it to update it and didn't listen to their customer. I had to explain a third time that they have to actually follow the steps listed and a new calibration will be downloaded, and they can make money from it. They finally did what I asked and it is all upgraded now, and the compliant ride in Tour was well worth it!

Remember to check your calibration before and verify after the upgrade at the website below. Mine updated in the TIS system immediately after they upgraded the car. The Real Time Damping Part Number will be different if they did it correctly.

TIS 2 Web Service

Directions:
Enter VIN click Get CAL ID
Controller select K19 Suspension Control Module click Next
Function select Programming click Next
Programming Type select Normal click Next
Vehicle Options select With Semi Active Damping System (RPO +FE2/FE4/FE6/FE7) click Next
Calibration History for Real Time Damping

Last edited by rip74; 10-15-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Attachment Formatting
Old 10-15-2018, 10:27 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Perfect, thank you gentlemen
So I assume you guys are satisfied with the upgrade and feel it is worth the bucks. My deal is I want a softer ride and all I have read says it is more compliant, Not sure what that means, LOL.

Thanks again
Old 10-15-2018, 10:59 AM
rip74
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a 2017 Grand Sport with the Z07 package which was very stiff in Tour mode from the factory. There wasn't really any difference between Tour and Sport, and not at all what I expected from MSRC. It was somewhat disappointing. After the upgrade it is actually comfortable in Tour, much less jarring over sharp impacts, which feels softer and more isolated from road imperfections as a whole. Before I felt like it was not even going into a Tour setting, now it feels like the mode selector dial actually does something. The only downside is GM is charging for it and many dealers have no idea the upgrade exists.

Side Note: My car was upgraded to the 2019 GS/Z07 programming as all 2019 models are provided with all of the upgrades from the factory. That is why the documentation says the upgrade applies to '14 - '18 year models only.

Get notified of new replies

To MRC GM Tech Bulletin

Quick Reply: MRC GM Tech Bulletin