C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent hard starting then stalling

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:25 AM
czar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermittent hard starting then stalling

Twice, after warmed up, my C5 had a hard time starting; motor turned but did not fire. Cranked it over 3x, let it sit, about minute later it started like normal. Drove it few blocks...motor shuts off on me, restarts normal, stalls again, restarts normal then runs fine>?!! Anybody experience anything similar to this? Ideas, comments or suggestions welcomed.

Czar
Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Well, the first thing I'd do is pull all the codes...history and current from the DIC or if you have a "good" scan tool one that can read all the modules in the car. Well, it's NOT a blown fuse so you will have to do a little diagnostic detective work on your own or just fire the
"parts canon" !!...some of the things in can be in NO particular order...bad MAF sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pump, cam/crank sensor, ignition switch....that's all I can think of off the top of my head ...and add TPS...maybe dirty throttle body !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 10-17-2018 at 11:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
czar (10-24-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 02:56 AM
czar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rwobs777- Thanks for your advice! Ran FIXED, pulled P-0113 code. Tested the Intake air temp sensor, which was a dud! Replaced IAT sensoe....and everything is back to normal!

Thanks again.....
Old 10-20-2018, 07:07 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,687 Posts

SUPER !!...only a one boomer from the parts canon but at least it’s fixed !!...cruise on Brother !!
The following users liked this post:
czar (10-24-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Intermittent hard starting then stalling

Quick Reply: Intermittent hard starting then stalling