C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring for door latches?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:26 PM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Wiring for door latches?

I’m building a project car and using C7 latches. Does anyone here happen to have the pin-out wiring info for the door latch? Possibly even the harness plugs for them? It would help me out a LOT!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CRAZY COWBOY'S YOUTUBE PAGE:
Old 10-22-2018, 08:19 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Anyone have the service manual with the plug part numbers and pinout for the latches?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:37 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

I can probably get you something later tonight.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Thanks Jeff! I appreciate the help!
Old 10-22-2018, 11:07 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Both door actuators use the same connector, but they have different pinouts. Let me know if you need schematics. It's pretty involved, but I think most of the signals are just so the different control modules know what position the door latches are in.

The following users liked this post:
Crazy Cowboy (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:51 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

You are the man! Thank you so much! I don’t think I will need the schematics because I’m going to use these latches on a custom built a car without the computer or modules. Mostly I just need the lock and unlock and trigger wires for the inside and outside buttons. Apparently GM does not sell the harness plugs without the harness so I am having a few people look to see if they can locate the plugs.

THANK YOU!!
Old 10-22-2018, 11:52 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Only question I have is does your manual or the schematics tell you if everything is a positive 12v that is not listed as a ground?
Old 10-23-2018, 10:43 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Rock Auto has the connector housings for $4.74. I've seen them on Amazon too. GM part number 88952463.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ac...onnector,13045

You'll need to do some research to find out which wire terminals you'll need though. The service info I have just says the terminal part numbers are 'pending'. I'll look at some other places to see if I can get more info.

The schematics don't list voltages. It just says latch pin x goes to BCM pin y, for example. The diagnostic procedures might specify voltages though. The latch info is mixed in with the chapter for the whole keyless entry and locking system, so it's a lot of material to sift through.
Crazy Cowboy (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
Rock Auto has the connector housings for $4.74. I've seen them on Amazon too. GM part number 88952463.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ac...onnector,13045

You'll need to do some research to find out which wire terminals you'll need though. The service info I have just says the terminal part numbers are 'pending'. I'll look at some other places to see if I can get more info.

The schematics don't list voltages. It just says latch pin x goes to BCM pin y, for example. The diagnostic procedures might specify voltages though. The latch info is mixed in with the chapter for the whole keyless entry and locking system, so it's a lot of material to sift through.
Thanks again Jeff. I'll have this thing working in no time. As long as I can get the door open/close trigger for interior lights, the open button and the lock/unlock working that's all I need. I'm using a keyless ignition with proximity lock/unlock aftermarket system that will send the lock/unlock the latch and activate or deactivate the open buttons. Should be fun. Most everything uses 12v + or - so I'll use a multimeter tester and figure them out. THANKS AGAIN JEFF!
Old 06-20-2019, 04:14 PM
Jeff Kainz
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am installing C7 latches into an older Camaro. I was wondering if you were successful at connecting the lock/unlock and the door unlatch.
Looking at the pinouts, the pins are:
1) Door Double Lock Actuator Lock Control
2) Door Lock Actuator Unlock Control
3) Driver Door Unlatch Motor Unlatch Control
4) Driver Door Unlatch Motor Unlatch Low Reference

I assume pins 1 and 2 are simple lock and unlock 12V signals from the switch (or a keyless entry lock unlock signal).
For pins 3 and 4, is pin 3 a simple 12V control signal and pin 4 connected to ground?
I appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-20-2019, 08:48 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeff Kainz
I am installing C7 latches into an older Camaro. I was wondering if you were successful at connecting the lock/unlock and the door unlatch.
Looking at the pinouts, the pins are:
1) Door Double Lock Actuator Lock Control
2) Door Lock Actuator Unlock Control
3) Driver Door Unlatch Motor Unlatch Control
4) Driver Door Unlatch Motor Unlatch Low Reference

I assume pins 1 and 2 are simple lock and unlock 12V signals from the switch (or a keyless entry lock unlock signal).
For pins 3 and 4, is pin 3 a simple 12V control signal and pin 4 connected to ground?
I appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Jeff
I did get them working. I also used some tiny waterproof push button momentary switches for hidden openers. Email me I can probably find the info.
TMODcustoms (06-29-2023)
Old 01-07-2024, 12:30 PM
C767vette
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy
I did get them working. I also used some tiny waterproof push button momentary switches for hidden openers. Email me I can probably find the info.

Hey Cowboy, this may be a long-shot based on the year of the post but is it possible you could email me the wiring schematic you came up with? I’m doing a custom install on an older project with a keyless entry/detection system as well. Looking for door lock/unlock, the outer touch pad for the door open/release! Thanks ahead of time and hoping to hear back!
Old 01-07-2024, 04:58 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by C767vette
Hey Cowboy, this may be a long-shot based on the year of the post but is it possible you could email me the wiring schematic you came up with? I’m doing a custom install on an older project with a keyless entry/detection system as well. Looking for door lock/unlock, the outer touch pad for the door open/release! Thanks ahead of time and hoping to hear back!
on the past car I got it to work by the alarm system sending power to the Vette latch when it was off. I didn’t use the lock/unlock of the latch itself but basically when the alarm was armed it cut power to the corvette latch so the button wouldn’t work then when it was disarmed it had power. The only downside to that was the car wasn’t secure outside when you were driving (from say a carjacker). I am actually putting another set in an another car project right now and I picked up a dual pulse module DEI 452T is the module and the guy has another one on eBay. It outputs dual pulse which is what these apparently need to lock (or was it unlock). I will be working on it this week. If you want to DM me your number I’ll text you some info as I figure it out.

if that doesn’t work I’m going to use another module that electronically latches with a signal and put a lock:unlock button on each door with an LED to let you know when power is on to the buttons. Good thing is you can use the manual release handles to get out too.

They work great for custom builds to have shaved handles or hidden button release without the loud clunk of a solenoid popping like they did old school.
Old 01-07-2024, 11:46 PM
C767vette
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy
on the past car I got it to work by the alarm system sending power to the Vette latch when it was off. I didn’t use the lock/unlock of the latch itself but basically when the alarm was armed it cut power to the corvette latch so the button wouldn’t work then when it was disarmed it had power. The only downside to that was the car wasn’t secure outside when you were driving (from say a carjacker). I am actually putting another set in an another car project right now and I picked up a dual pulse module DEI 452T is the module and the guy has another one on eBay. It outputs dual pulse which is what these apparently need to lock (or was it unlock). I will be working on it this week. If you want to DM me your number I’ll text you some info as I figure it out.

if that doesn’t work I’m going to use another module that electronically latches with a signal and put a lock:unlock button on each door with an LED to let you know when power is on to the buttons. Good thing is you can use the manual release handles to get out too.

They work great for custom builds to have shaved handles or hidden button release without the loud clunk of a solenoid popping like they did old school.
Thanks for the reply! I managed to get everything working today with the unlatch feature with the exterior and interior touch pad/button. It’s funny you mention the safety of a car jacking due to the lack of locking ability during driving, I thought of that exact circumstance. I’d be more than happy to give you my email but I apparently not allowed to send you a message. Perhaps send me one and I’ll send you my contact info? I’d love to learn more about the double pulse thing you mentioned, I also found that eBay listing! Thanks again!
Old 01-16-2024, 05:10 PM
renfroeinc
1st Gear

I just found this post doing a google search as I am trying to do the same thing on a project. Any help with getting these to work would be appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To Wiring for door latches?

Quick Reply: Wiring for door latches?