C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandals scratch 2012 GS Yellow - looking recommendation for repair in the Marietta, G

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 03:30 PM
cesully
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vandals scratch 2012 GS Yellow - looking recommendation for repair in the Marietta, G

I rarely drive my 2012 14K mile Velocity yellow Corvette and now I'm sick to drive it. Some took what I think is a razor blade and made (3) 6-7" cuts on the driver side front fender and hood. The hood cut is the deepest.

Can anyone make a recommendation for someone who could fix this problem to almost perfect in the northeast Atlanta, GA area.

Many thanks,
Craig
Old 10-18-2018, 05:09 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I had someone do that to my old C4. I buffed it out as best I could. These people are jealous. I would ask a local Corvette club who they would use.good luck

Last edited by enventr; 10-18-2018 at 05:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cesully (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:04 AM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

There used to be a body shop ad in the club newsletter but I can't find it. While I will be the first to say I have NOT taken my vette there, but we have taken a couple other cars to Woodstock Quality paint and Body. If I had an issue, I would ask them if they have worked on vettes before. I have not asked that, but if they have, I would have no issue taking mine there. They have shown quality workmanship on what we have taken there but more than that, they have shown that they care about the end result. One time I went to pick up a car and there was an issue. The office guy seemed genuinely aggravated that I found it before he did. He had not looked over the car before the office called me and told me it was ready. He would not let me take it until it went back and they fixed it.

I keep going back and forth about getting my nose repainted, too many chips for my liking. They would be the first place I called about it. The quality expectation would be very clear up front, but they would get first crack at it from me.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:03 PM
cesully
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

many thanks - I'll let you know what I do but I will have them look at it... Craig
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 PM
ojcrane
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry this happened to your car, I hope you find a good shop to repair the damage. I would feel bad if it happened to as well but remember it's still looks better than what most people drive. Post up your results, I'm local to you and I might need a good paint shop some day
Good luck.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:48 PM
Pete2k_Z28
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Vandals suck 😡

Just out of curiosity, I see you are in the Atlanta area, did you happen to buy that recently at buyavette? If so, I drove that car last winter, suuuuuuper clean car!

Get notified of new replies

To Vandals scratch 2012 GS Yellow - looking recommendation for repair in the Marietta, G

Quick Reply: Vandals scratch 2012 GS Yellow - looking recommendation for repair in the Marietta, G