C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VVT cam or Non VVT cam in built 416?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:03 AM
RJ17z06
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VVT cam or Non VVT cam in built 416?

If question has been answered tag me to the discussion please
Old 10-18-2018, 03:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ17z06
If question has been answered tag me to the discussion please
Go with the non vvt cam you can get much more cam as far as RWHP goes. Unless someone has come out with something I nor seen yet also go with all after market V/train parts the stock vvt stuff will break on you for sure. No one has been able to get to much hp out of a cam that will still work the VVT..Robert
Old 10-18-2018, 04:37 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by robert miller
Go with the non vvt cam you can get much more cam as far as RWHP goes. Unless someone has come out with something I nor seen yet also go with all after market V/train parts the stock vvt stuff will break on you for sure. No one has been able to get to much hp out of a cam that will still work the VVT..Robert
Robert, he’s asking about VVT as in variable valve timing, I think you’re thinking of AFM. AFM cams are only good for about 30hp where as non-AFM are good for almost 100hp (still with VVT).
Old 10-18-2018, 06:38 PM
RJ17z06
Cruising

Thanks! Any proven cam spec that works best with a stock ported blower?
Old 10-18-2018, 06:39 PM
RJ17z06
Cruising

Originally Posted by FYREANT

Robert, he’s asking about VVT as in variable valve timing, I think you’re thinking of AFM. AFM cams are only good for about 30hp where as non-AFM are good for almost 100hp (still with VVT).
Any proven cam spec that works best with a stock ported blower?
Old 10-18-2018, 10:42 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Thanks! Any proven cam spec that works best with a stock ported blower?
Give www.briantooleyracing.com a message in here is a vendor & Brian is the man on heads & cam set up on the LS & LT motors... You really need to know your car set up on the motor, Plus also what you are going to use the car for also to get the best out of the cam... Robert
Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 PM
RJ17z06
Cruising

Give www.briantooleyracing.com a message in here is a vendor & Brian is the man on heads & cam set up on the LS & LT motors... You really need to know your car set up on the motor, Plus also what you are going to use the car for also to get the best out of the cam... Robert
Will do! My area mainly runs 1/8th mile grudge races so that’s why I’m sticking with the stock ported blower. Im putting my full bolt ons back on the car also. I’m sure it’ll have enough steam to run some low 6 second et’s. 2017 c7 z06 A8 trans

Last edited by RJ17z06; 10-18-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:59 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

^^^ being a A8 car you can go upto a stage II cam then if you go any higher will also have to chg out the converter also. With my new all forged motor I also went with the stage II cam but also did a Circle D converter billet set up. This cam you will love the sound & also how it is going to wake up the car.. Robert
Old 10-19-2018, 11:07 PM
Fast6.3
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

What cam did you go with Robert?
Old 10-19-2018, 11:34 PM
RJ17z06
Cruising

^^^ being a A8 car you can go upto a stage II cam then if you go any higher will also have to chg out the converter also. With my new all forged motor I also went with the stage II cam but also did a Circle D converter billet set up. This cam you will love the sound & also how it is going to wake up the car.. Robert
the stage II will be the best option for me then. I want to keep fairly good drivability but make some power
Old 10-20-2018, 09:57 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

the stage II will be the best option for me then. I want to keep fairly good drivability but make some power
Really then this is the cam to go with the stage one cam to me is to small plus will not make good power. The stage II cam is a really good cam for the best power & in the c7 with the way the converter is made with the stall set up. It will work with the stock converter also I just did the Circle D for the billet parts & that to make it work better for the track also. But really only go to the track 3 or 4 times a year. But I did run my c5 car on the street r on a road a lot of guys run on for $$.

You really will like the BTR STAGE ii CAM IN THE CAR..
Old 10-20-2018, 10:13 AM
RJ17z06
Cruising

Really then this is the cam to go with the stage one cam to me is to small plus will not make good power. The stage II cam is a really good cam for the best power & in the c7 with the way the converter is made with the stall set up. It will work with the stock converter also I just did the Circle D for the billet parts & that to make it work better for the track also. But really only go to the track 3 or 4 times a year. But I did run my c5 car on the street r on a road a lot of guys run on for $$.

You really will like the BTR STAGE ii CAM IN THE CAR..
Sounds exactly like the cam I need. People around my area grudge race a lot for big money so I’m trying to get an edge against the competition with my winter upgrades. Would I need to contact Brian Tooley through their website or does he have a profile in the forum? Which would be the cheapest way to purchase the cam?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:52 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Sounds exactly like the cam I need. People around my area grudge race a lot for big money so I’m trying to get an edge against the competition with my winter upgrades. Would I need to contact Brian Tooley through their website or does he have a profile in the forum? Which would be the cheapest way to purchase the cam?
Really give Cajun a message in here tell him what you want he is a vendor thur them & can get you a better price on the cam DOD delete set up. Thar is who I got my stuff from. Cajun really will beat anyone's price It is just called BTR STAGE II cam. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To VVT cam or Non VVT cam in built 416?

Quick Reply: VVT cam or Non VVT cam in built 416?