Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: BLOCKIT sound deadening mats for C7

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 10:31 AM
xxaarraa
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 66 Posts
Default BLOCKIT sound deadening mats for C7

**All prices listed include shipping. Paypal is extra - send as gift, pay the fee on your end, or send a check to avoid paypal altogether. **
**All items will ship next Monday via USPS priority with tracking #, as I am trading in the car this Saturday. Please plan accordingly on your end**

Selling the 3 piece BLOCKIT kit for the C7s - rear hatch area, and behind both driver and passenger seat backs. I have had these in since Day 1 of owning the car and a big believer. Noise DB ratings are not linear, and even a 4-5 db reduction in noise level inside the car makes for a much lower stress level on long trips. These are in great condition, quick to install or remove and all around money well spent.

They are $229.95 new. I am asking $150 shipped.

Here they are for reference only, this is the link to them new: https://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-...and-sport.aspx

Last edited by xxaarraa; 10-18-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:21 AM
383ystrim
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Block it

How many of thses do you have to sell?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:25 AM
xxaarraa
Racer

Originally Posted by 383ystrim
How many of thses do you have to sell?
One set.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:10 PM
CANEL54
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ll take it
Old 10-18-2018, 04:02 PM
xxaarraa
Racer

SOLD. Thanks all.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:59 PM
iced
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Just Fu**ing horrible dude, it's ripped, scuffed, scratched, torn, has pet hair all over it....refund my money....

Horrible seller, horrible experience. Stay away!
Old 10-25-2018, 07:37 PM
xxaarraa
Racer

Originally Posted by iced
Just Fu**ing horrible dude, it's ripped, scuffed, scratched, torn, has pet hair all over it....refund my money....

Horrible seller, horrible experience. Stay away!
Hey pal,

You are an interesting cat. After lowballing me and haggling multiple times, I kept it polite with only a "my price is firm" response multiple times. Then you were short in your PayPal payment. I should have pulled the plug but out of courtesy, still shipped it to you. And within 5 minutes of item being delivered you open a PayPal dispute without making any attempt to contact me. This whole pattern sounds predictable.

Here's the common sense in this you are missing. You paid less than half of what it costs new ($125). Normal wear and tear is reasonable. My ad is very clearly worded. Hence it's half the price. No ****, right?

You are welcome to clean the stain and vacuum it before you use it. You should do that anyway.

Read ads carefully. Have reasonable expectations when buying used items on classifieds. Stop cruising the internet trying to scam people. Again, all common sense.

Well let PayPal handle this dispute, ok?

Last edited by xxaarraa; 10-25-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:56 PM
iced
Pro

1) Im not scamming you, you are scamming me.

2) Stains can be removed and i can vacuum, but the tear on one end cannot be fixed, there is also a ripped/torn patch that cannot be fixed. Pictures don't lie.

3) It's not half price, you sold it for $150, and new is $220. So that's not half price. Additionally i provided you with a shipping label and made it super easy for you. With any sale, negotiations happen, and you already know that.

4) I was not short on my payment, paypal charges 3% fees, which i added as well.

5) Your ad nowhere stated that there are rips, tears, stains and hair all over.

You have the audacity to argue after i posted the pictures? Shame on you dude...Ridiculous
Old 10-25-2018, 07:59 PM
iced
Pro

Chunk Torn

Tear

Just to spell this Sh*t out for you. Cuz either you're blind or in denial.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:07 PM
Silvah Goat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts

That’s why posting pictures is worth the time. Those would not meet my interpretation of great condition. Just offering an outside opinion...
Old 10-26-2018, 12:35 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Iced,

These are foam, looks like normal wear and tear as would be expected say like with floor mats, but 2 of these fit behind the seats and are never even seen, and the other in the cargo area, again in an area not hardly seen, especially under the stock cargo cover most of us have that came with the car or that we purchased after we got the car.

These are not fancy Lloyd's floormats or something ever designed to look pretty and enhance the look of the car. They sit behind the seats and not seen, and sit in the cargo area, where cargo naturally goes, and everything we transport goes on top of those foam pads. A minor tear or spot here or there is simply normal wear and tear. They aren't custom show glamour type pieces, and never were designed or expected to be.

If they aren't for you, as a suggestion for you to easily and fairly resolve your dissatisfaction, I'm sure others here will gladly scoop them up at that discounted price... so sell them for what you paid, or let him sell them, and you ship them to the next buyer, and he can refund what you paid when the next buyer receives them.

Work together. Sell them, let him sell them and you ship them, or simply not worry about a little tear or them being a bit dirty from normal use and enjoy them.

Good luck to both of you, and work together.

The following users liked this post:
xxaarraa (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 08:05 AM
Silvah Goat
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by xxaarraa
**All prices listed include shipping. Paypal is extra - send as gift, pay the fee on your end, or send a check to avoid paypal altogether. **
**All items will ship next Monday via USPS priority with tracking #, as I am trading in the car this Saturday. Please plan accordingly on your end**

Selling the 3 piece BLOCKIT kit for the C7s - rear hatch area, and behind both driver and passenger seat backs. I have had these in since Day 1 of owning the car and a big believer. Noise DB ratings are not linear, and even a 4-5 db reduction in noise level inside the car makes for a much lower stress level on long trips. These are in great condition, quick to install or remove and all around money well spent.

They are $229.95 new. I am asking $150 shipped.
Ok this is insane. Let me break down the errors in the listing that caused the gap in communication.
(1)The price included shipping. If the guy sends you a shipping label, it’s normal to expect the anticipated shipping cost you would have paid, as a reduction in the price paid.
(2)The listing has ONE sentence about condition. There is a whole paragraph worried about the 3% PayPal fee. Sending the money F&F or by check removes the protections for the buyer and seller. Just add 3% to your asking price. The single sentence regarding condition simply says GREAT condition. Great means they are almost in like new condition. Good would indicate that maybe it’s got some normal wear and tear. Since the opinion is different from person to person, a small addition clarifies. “Great condition with a few random stains and a minor tear.” “These will need to be cleaned by you.” Seems pretty simple.
(3)Just because the item is priced is 65% of the new price, doesn’t mean multiple visual damages to the item should be expected. If a dealer sells an open box item that is like new, a discount is typically offered to move the product. He knows a customer is going to be upset paying full retail and getting anything less than a brand new perfect product. A perfect used item is still used and maybe contain the smell of your car(which may or may not be pleasant to another) and internal wear that is not visual. That internal wear may cause an earlier failure than a new product. That is the ecpection of a great condition used product. Also, you offer zero warranty, where as a retailer would typically incur an expense getting a warranty item shipped to you. A private seller offers zero future support. So to think if the mats had zero tears, hairs, or chunks missing would mean they are worth more than 65% of retail is unreasonable..
(4)The price says ASKING $150. Asking implies that you are open to offers. Writing $150 FIRM would have saved you from typing 2 additional characters and made it clear that the buyer you are not open to the idea. Offering lower may cause their message to be deleted and ignored.
(5)Just because they are not highly visible on the car, doesn’t mean that it is acceptable to all people. Some people do not carry cargo in their $100,000+ Z06. Some people use their C7 as a work vehicle and don’t mind trashing it. Just depends on the buyer. Pictures of the flaws level out expectations. With how easy it is to take a picture and post it online, there’s really no excuse.

Just trying to help...don’t shoot the messenger. Everyone has different interpretations of things. Assumptions generally lead to disappointment.

Last edited by Silvah Goat; 10-26-2018 at 08:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Silvah Goat:
iced (10-26-2018), Joshinator99 (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 09:15 AM
ahero4eternity
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvah Goat

Ok this is insane. Let me break down the errors in the listing that caused the gap in communication.
(1)The price included shipping. If the guy sends you a shipping label, it’s normal to expect the anticipated shipping cost you would have paid, as a reduction in the price paid.
(2)The listing has ONE sentence about condition. There is a whole paragraph worried about the 3% PayPal fee. Sending the money F&F or by check removes the protections for the buyer and seller. Just add 3% to your asking price. The single sentence regarding condition simply says GREAT condition. Great means they are almost in like new condition. Good would indicate that maybe it’s got some normal wear and tear. Since the opinion is different from person to person, a small addition clarifies. “Great condition with a few random stains and a minor tear.” “These will need to be cleaned by you.” Seems pretty simple.
(3)Just because the item is priced is 65% of the new price, doesn’t mean multiple visual damages to the item should be expected. If a dealer sells an open box item that is like new, a discount is typically offered to move the product. He knows a customer is going to be upset paying full retail and getting anything less than a brand new perfect product. A perfect used item is still used and maybe contain the smell of your car(which may or may not be pleasant to another) and internal wear that is not visual. That internal wear may cause an earlier failure than a new product. That is the ecpection of a great condition used product. Also, you offer zero warranty, where as a retailer would typically incur an expense getting a warranty item shipped to you. A private seller offers zero future support. So to think if the mats had zero tears, hairs, or chunks missing would mean they are worth more than 65% of retail is unreasonable..
(4)The price says ASKING $150. Asking implies that you are open to offers. Writing $150 FIRM would have saved you from typing 2 additional characters and made it clear that the buyer you are not open to the idea. Offering lower may cause their message to be deleted and ignored.
(5)Just because they are not highly visible on the car, doesn’t mean that it is acceptable to all people. Some people do not carry cargo in their $100,000+ Z06. Some people use their C7 as a work vehicle and don’t mind trashing it. Just depends on the buyer. Pictures of the flaws level out expectations. With how easy it is to take a picture and post it online, there’s really no excuse.

Just trying to help...don’t shoot the messenger. Everyone has different interpretations of things. Assumptions generally lead to disappointment.

The following users liked this post:
Silvah Goat (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 10:32 AM
iced
Pro

Originally Posted by Silvah Goat

Exactly. Adults talk and think like that. All the points you listed went through my head. And hence this post...
Old 10-26-2018, 11:03 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

If you used PayPal, let them know. All they require is you return them to get your money back. They "may" consider refunding your shipping expense as a goodwill measure.

Work with the seller, working together you both can likely work it out.

Good luck to both of you.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:46 AM
asc709
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Purchased a Range device from xxaarraa and used the PayPal family and friends option. Worked great and received my product in no time! Just my 0.02.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:43 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Can't this (these) be placed under the carpeting? I pulled up all my carpeting and covered the area in 2 layers of sound deadening material. Very easy to do. Certainly a better alternative than an exposed piece of foam matting that can rip/tear/ and be almost impossible to maintain in presentable condition. Also... most of the road / tire noise comes from the wheel wells.

Just my 2 cents.

Get notified of new replies

To BLOCKIT sound deadening mats for C7

Old 10-26-2018, 06:00 PM
iced
Pro

Originally Posted by EcoBrick Bob
Can't this (these) be placed under the carpeting? I pulled up all my carpeting and covered the area in 2 layers of sound deadening material. Very easy to do. Certainly a better alternative than an exposed piece of foam matting that can rip/tear/ and be almost impossible to maintain in presentable condition. Also... most of the road / tire noise comes from the wheel wells.

Just my 2 cents.
i have owned this before for a few months, so i know exactly how easy it is to take care of and be in presentable form. However this is not and has been clearly abused by the owner.

In the instructions from the manufacturer, you are supposed to place this on top of the carpet. Hence, it should be in presentable form since you are driving a corvette and not a corolla.

In any case, it should be in "great condition" as mentioned by seller. Which it's not...

Last edited by iced; 10-26-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:39 PM
xxaarraa
Racer

If you clean it, it is in great condition. Especially for $125.

People who pay half price for an item but expect brand new quality always crack me up. If you are a perfectionist or don't have the inclination to clean used parts before using them, open your wallet a bit more and buy new. In other words, you get what you pay for.

If you had the decency to contact me prior to opening a claim and sobbing on the forum, I would have been inclined to refund you the money and let you keep the item, though you always struck me as a lowballing cheapskate - exactly the kind I don't have a lot of patience for. Someone who opens a claim minutes after receiving an item they got a great deal on, making no attempt to be reasonable just rubs me the wrong way. At this point, let's leave paypal to handle this.

Conversation over. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:45 PM
iced
Pro

Originally Posted by xxaarraa
If you clean it, it is in great condition. Especially for $125.

People who pay half price for an item but expect brand new quality always crack me up. If you are a perfectionist or don't have the inclination to clean used parts before using them, open your wallet a bit more and buy new. In other words, you get what you pay for.

If you had the decency to contact me prior to opening a claim and sobbing on the forum, I would have been inclined to refund you the money and let you keep the item, though you always struck me as a lowballing cheapskate - exactly the kind I don't have a lot of patience for. Someone who opens a claim minutes after receiving an item they got a great deal on, making no attempt to be reasonable just rubs me the wrong way. At this point, let's leave paypal to handle this.

Conversation over. Have a great weekend.
Yeah, only if you can teach me how to clean the tear and the torn chunk, i'll double the money for you right now...

Still blind, in denial and absurdly wrong i see?

Doesn't matter the price, you should have mentioned it was ripped and torn. i would not have bought this POS from you...

Of course i'll let paypal handle it. And then it will be reversed by my credit card company if paypal takes too long.

Goodluck selling your other junk.

Last edited by iced; 10-26-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: BLOCKIT sound deadening mats for C7