C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch sticking issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Mikenonamaker
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clutch sticking issues

I've been having clutch sticking issues since I've purchased my c5, thinking it was just dirty clutch fluid I've been doing the ranger method, and it will sometimes function properly, but most of the time it doesnt. So I looked at my clutch return spring after doing research to make sure it was there and functional, and noticed this part weeping ever so slightly when I engage the clutch pedal. It might be hard to tell what it is from the picture, but any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:46 PM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

No link to a pic, but sounds like you may need the master or slave replaced.
Hope is the master - slave is ex$pensive unless you have the DIY time/skill/equipment.
Actually, the slave cylinder is cheap, it’s the labor time to get to it thats the killer.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:14 AM
Mikenonamaker
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aj98
No link to a pic, but sounds like you may need the master or slave replaced.
Hope is the master - slave is ex$pensive unless you have the DIY time/skill/equipment.
Actually, the slave cylinder is cheap, it’s the labor time to get to it thats the killer.
the pictures didnt upload? I see them in my post, I'll try and put them separate.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Old School
Burning Brakes

Received 424 Likes on 254 Posts

Since you're having issues and it looks like it is weeping, I would go ahead a replace the master. It's $150 for a new GM part complete with a new reservoir and it's a fairly easy job you can do in your driveway in under a couple hours.If it turns out its the slave you would probably want to replace the master also anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch sticking issues

Quick Reply: Clutch sticking issues