C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 03:12 PM
brandonwihebrink
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No brake lights

I have a 2003 and have gotten work to it and I replaced the dash bulbs in the cluster and I got my car back from the shop and when I hit the brakes I have no brake lights but my reverse lights light up and my dash lights light up and turn signal lights are slow I have a hyper flash plugged in not sure if there’s a ground loose has anyone ran into this and my oil pressure gauge is maxed out almost the whole time even when cruising

Last edited by brandonwihebrink; 10-19-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Wow, that really hurt to read. Use some proper punctuation, it's not that difficult.

Did you plug in the hazard switch when you did the hyperflash harness? Does the 3rd (5th, center high mount stop light) turn on when you press the brakes?

Oil pressure pegged all the way up is a symptom of a failed oil sending unit. Plenty of threads on how to replace.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:40 PM
brandonwihebrink
Heel & Toe

Well the oil gauge moves back and forth just usually just high or low...
yes 5th one is only one that has light going to it at any time.. and yes it was in
Old 10-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

I'm 99% certain that the hazard switch was not plugged in when the hyperflash harness was installed. For the four round lights, the brake light signal goes through the hazard switch. There's also the possibility that it's the MFS switch, but that seems far less likely with the turn signals properly working.

What does the oil pressure read on the DIC? Does it read high with the engine off?
Old 10-20-2018, 11:29 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Change the oil pressure sensor - many of us have had the symptoms you describe, caused by that sensor failing.

90% cause of your brake light problem is the hazard switch - it was on mine and many others.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:58 PM
brandonwihebrink
Heel & Toe

I took taillights off and checked bulbs they were put in backwards which idk why they were touched.. so they are fixed but thanks I appreciate it I’ll check that for the oil pressure..

Get notified of new replies

To No brake lights

Quick Reply: No brake lights