Waze on CarPlay crashing on voice input

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM
intensifi
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Waze on CarPlay crashing on voice input

Hello!

Waze seems to be working well on CarPlay except when I press the microphone button and dictate where I want directions to. After I dictate a destination, it processes for a bit then the screen goes blank. After that I am back to the top level CarPlay screen with all the app icons.

Any ideas what is needed to fix dictations for destination input?

Car is a '16 Z06 Convertible.

Thanks in advance!

The following users liked this post:
JacksAO (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 12:31 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

I'm kinda wondering why you think people here in this forum would know anything about Waze crashing and how to fix it. You'd serve yourself much better looking for a forum about Waze itself.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM
intensifi
Pro

Originally Posted by defaria
I'm kinda wondering why you think people here in this forum would know anything about Waze crashing and how to fix it. You'd serve yourself much better looking for a forum about Waze itself.
Because I did and didn't find anything.

That made me think it might be a '16 Corvette specific issue since this was one of the first cars with CarPlay! Then I thought: "I wonder if there is a community of Corvette owners who might have some useful information". Next I remembered our wonderful forum where members help each other with issues they are encountering with well thought out and cogent responses.

And wait there is even more! Upon reviewing the general section today I read about a forum member reporting they obtained a new software update for the infotainment system. Based on that I was thinking a forum member might say something like: "I had that same problem before a recent update!".

But instead my first response was yours. Sigh.

The following 2 users liked this post by intensifi:
daleh50 (10-20-2018), mschuyler (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

SImilar problem with the wife's car (MyLink in an Impala LTZ) and her iPhone when we 1st tested out Waze.

Re-booted the phone and plugged it back in, no problems since...

Allen
intensifi (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 03:08 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by intensifi
When you attempted to find the Waze forum what did you try and how did it not work? Try this - http://bfy.tw/KSen. Now really, was it THAT hard? Google "Waze forum" and bam! It's right there as the first result. You couldn't have done that yourself?!?

That made me think it might be a '16 Corvette specific issue since this was one of the first cars with CarPlay! Then I thought: "I wonder if there is a community of Corvette owners who might have some useful information". Next I remembered our wonderful forum where members help each other with issues they are encountering with well thought out and cogent responses.
What you should have been thinking as "I wonder if there's a community of people who use Waze" then googled for it. 'Tis far better to teach somebody how to find their answers in the future than to just attempt to regurgitate well thought out and cogent responses about something that quite frankly they know nothing about. The later leads to responses like "Have you tried holding the iPhone upside down". (I've see such responses).

And wait there is even more! Upon reviewing the general section today I read about a forum member reporting they obtained a new software update for the infotainment system. Based on that I was thinking a forum member might say something like: "I had that same problem before a recent update!".
Aside from that being a given, you don't even know if that works. In fact I don't think it would because the 16's (I have a 16) needed the firmware update (software update for the infotainment system = firmware update) for Android Auto to even work. I'm not sure about CarPlay as I'm not an iGuy and would never buy an iPhone, but I'm pretty sure that lacking the firmware update you wouldn't even get CarPlay displaying on the screen. Other givens are things like rebooting the phone, checking to see if there are any OS updates and/or any updates to the CarPlay app itself. All these things most people usually do before bothering other people to solve their little problem.

And after trying to help you find the correct answer I get this snarky response from you. Next time figure out your own answers.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:41 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

No worries. This is defaria's way of making friends.
The following 5 users liked this post by mschuyler:
daleh50 (10-20-2018), Dave80C3 (10-21-2018), Foosh (10-21-2018), intensifi (10-20-2018), joemessman (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 05:55 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Yeah. It must be "that time of the month" for him.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:16 PM
HooosierDaddy
Melting Slicks

Received 666 Likes on 275 Posts

That made me think it might be a '16 Corvette specific issue since this was one of the first cars with CarPlay! Then I thought: "I wonder if there is a community of Corvette owners who might have some useful information... but will be be smart asses about it instead". Next I remembered our wonderful forum where members help each other with issues they are encountering with well thought out and cogent responses.
Fixed it for you!
See above response of "Fixed it for you!"

I have not experienced the issue on my 16 using the waze app, so I'm no help either.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:20 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Why people would think I'm here to make friends is beyond me...
Old 10-20-2018, 07:29 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by defaria
Why people would think I'm here to make friends is beyond me...
Why you are here at all is beyond me. But my original point, which you drove right by, was that you have no friends here. So you misunderstand. Nobody thinks that. Hey, put me back on your ignore list, please. Either that or call your Mommy again to have my post removed. Thanks!

Last edited by mschuyler; 10-20-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Mister Big (10-20-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 PM
intensifi
Pro

After two phone reboots (iPhone 6s Plus), Waze is no longer crashing on voice input via CarPlay.

No Waze or IOS update in the interim.

Very odd.

Last edited by intensifi; 10-22-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:23 PM
Mister Big
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 198 Posts

^^^ An update to Waze is coming soon. I'm a beta tester and the latest version is very stable.
intensifi (10-22-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Waze on CarPlay crashing on voice input

Quick Reply: Waze on CarPlay crashing on voice input