C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Vette Lights High Powered LED Fog Lights (Full details inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts
Default Installed Vette Lights High Powered LED Fog Lights (Full details inside)

Hey all,

I just finished installing these high powered LED fog lights in my Z06. I recently acquired the new Morimoto headlights and still had my extremely dated looking halogen fog lights. Initially, I didn't think I was going to bother replacing them only because I honestly don't ever use them. I never realized until I got the Morimoto headlights (seeing the harsh color difference) that the fog lights illuminate after shutting the car off if you had your headlights on. The nice 5500 K temp of the Morimoto LED headlights combined with the halogen fog lights looked downright awful. I knew I had to upgrade them at that point.

I hit up Cole (VetteLights) over at Vette Lights and discussed his high powered LED fog lights. I ordered them and they arrived two days later which was fantastic. Now lets get to the full details regarding the install.

INSTALL

Tools Needed:

T15 Torx Bit
T20 Torx Bit
7mm Socket Wrench

Install was super easy. You can finish the entire job in about 20 minutes. The tires do NOT need to come off nor does the car have to be jacked up. Feel free to do this if you feel like it.

Step 1:

Turn the steering wheel so the tire is pointing away from you (E.g.: If working on passenger side, turn the steering wheel to the left as much as it can go).

Step 2:

Remove the hardware that secures the fender liner to the bumper.

The bottom two are 7mm head bolts and the top three are T15 screws.

Step 3:

After removing these screws, you will be able to bend the liner back far enough to reach your hand in and unscrew the fog light from the housing on the the outer edge of the bumper. Disconnect the harness from the bulb.
NOTE: There are three T20 screws that secure the fog light connector to the housing. You might need to loosen these before you can remove the fog light connector. I didn't have to.

Step 4:

Connect your new LED fog light to the harness. Turn on the fogs to make sure it illuminates before continuing with the next step.

Step 5:

Secure the fog light into the housing. It should look like the picture below:

Step 6:

Make sure to tighten down the three screws circled in red (one is hidden on the right of the module) with the T20 torx bit. It's a bit tight since the fog light module is quite a bit larger than the stock one, but it can be done. Make sure the fog light does not feel loose.

Step 7:

Secure the fender liner back to the bumper and attach the screws and head bolts. Repeat Steps 1-7 for the other side.

PICS

Now, the important part. The before and afters!

Before:

After:

IMPRESSIONS

Overall, I am very pleased with this upgrade. The color temperature is not an EXACT match, but I didn't expect it to be since the Morimotos are 5500 K and the 60 W LED fogs are 6000 K. It is a drastic improvement over the dated stock lights and will look great if you decide to upgrade to the Morimoto headlights.

Cole also offers 6 K HID bulb replacements for the OEM headlights. I would imagine these would be a perfect match if you wanted a nice lighting upgrade for the OEM headlights.

I haven't tried these at night yet, but I will update my post with those impressions later on in the weekend. Install was a breeze and working with Cole over at Vette Lights is always a pleasure.

PURCHASE

Vette Lights has two options for their fog lights which are outlined below:

60 W LED - Brightest Available (Brighter than HID)

Standard LED Upgrade

The standard LED upgrade would likely be just fine for those who want the much improved look at a reduced cost without caring about light output. I was considering these, but I am glad I went with the 60 W version. They are considerably more expensive, but they are super bright so I am looking forward to them looking great, but also being functional.

Vette Lights also has tons of other great lighting solutions for the C6 including smoked versions of the Eagle Eye tails, Oracle LED side markers, interior and exterior LED conversions, HID bulb replacements, the Morimoto headlights and much more! Cole is a great guy to deal with so don't hesitate to reach out.

Also, do not forget to use promo code FORUM10 for 10% off your order with Vette Lights!

Hope this write-up was helpful! Please feel free to post any questions you may have about these LED fog lights or the install procedure. Thanks again Cole!

Last edited by Frankie15; 06-11-2021 at 03:28 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Frankie15:
corvette312 (10-22-2018), jblack41510 (10-20-2018), LS1AB (01-27-2020), pdc001 (10-20-2018), salt6 (11-21-2019)
Old 10-20-2018, 01:02 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Looks great! Got my led switchbacks from him.
The following users liked this post:
Frankie15 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by myredhead1
Looks great! Got my led switchbacks from him.
Thanks bud! Yeah, I have several things from Cole as well including the dark smoked eagle eyes and their real carbon fiber license plate frame. He can even do some custom stuff such as applying their dark smoke paint mix on your other parts. He did my third brake light a couple months ago which turned out fantastic. Great guy for sure.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:19 AM
Cedar
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for the write up and the pics. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading my headlights like you did and will probably do the fog lights at the same time after seeing your results.
Frankie15 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by torchred_lt1
Thanks for the write up and the pics. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading my headlights like you did and will probably do the fog lights at the same time after seeing your results.
Glad to help! Highly recommended. Those stock fogs look so bad with the Morimotos! For some reason, I always thought the fog lights were more difficult to swap out. Wanted to show people how easy it is and how quickly it can be done. Piece of cake!
Old 11-20-2019, 11:03 PM
JetskiMark
Heel & Toe

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

How are these LEDs holding up after 13 months? I am considering these.

And thank you for the how-to.
Dwayne M. (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 03:19 AM
Dwayne M.
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on longevity?
Old 01-27-2020, 07:57 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JetskiMark
How are these LEDs holding up after 13 months? I am considering these.

And thank you for the how-to.
Originally Posted by Dwayne M.
Update on longevity?
Still holding up just fine! I don't drive it very often (<3000 miles a year), but no issues at all so far. Highly recommended.

Last edited by Frankie15; 01-27-2020 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM
CallawaySC560
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Recently installed these and the 6k HID updated bulbs. Very pleased.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Legend Rider
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I also updated my fog lamps from Vette Lights (60 wat LED). Now to convince the old lady to let me do the headlights!!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:23 PM
BMF_C6
Pro

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

Just installed my Vette Light assortment, Morimoto Heads & Fogs, Oracle Side Markers.

Frankie15 (01-27-2020)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:41 PM
Omega Doom
Burning Brakes

Received 191 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by BMF_C6
Just installed my Vette Light assortment, Morimoto Heads & Fogs, Oracle Side Markers.

now that's a bad *** car can we see more pics maybe other angles
Old 01-27-2020, 10:00 PM
JetskiMark
Heel & Toe

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Still holding up just fine! I don't drive it very often (<3000 miles a year), but no issues at all so far. Highly recommended.
Thank you for the reply.

Do you (or anyone else who used these specific LEDs from Vette Lights) have any detailed pictures of the LEDs and the housings themselves? The installed picture of the back of the housing is the only one that gives me any idea of what they look like. I see that the plug is attached to a wire as opposed to being integrated into the housing.

Vette Lights has no pictures of what I would be buying on their site. I have seen dozens of different style H10 LEDs and I would like to know exactly what I am buying beforehand.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:39 AM
BMF_C6
Pro

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
now that's a bad *** car can we see more pics maybe other angles
Here is another Thread "C6 Rebirth"
Old 01-28-2020, 12:51 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JetskiMark
Thank you for the reply.

Do you (or anyone else who used these specific LEDs from Vette Lights) have any detailed pictures of the LEDs and the housings themselves? The installed picture of the back of the housing is the only one that gives me any idea of what they look like. I see that the plug is attached to a wire as opposed to being integrated into the housing.

Vette Lights has no pictures of what I would be buying on their site. I have seen dozens of different style H10 LEDs and I would like to know exactly what I am buying beforehand.
They are just bulb replacements. It isn't a new housing. It uses the OEM housing.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:44 AM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

One of mine went out after just 15 min of use .. not happy camper ..

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Vette Lights High Powered LED Fog Lights (Full details inside)

Quick Reply: Installed Vette Lights High Powered LED Fog Lights (Full details inside)