C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Corvette Order But Spoiler Backordered?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:31 PM
crerrera11
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Corvette Order But Spoiler Backordered?!?

I’m hoping someone out there can give me some insight. I custom ordered a 2019 Grand Sport with all the bells and whistles which invluded the visible carbon fiber ground effects and visible carbon fiber spoiler. The car was completed by the bowling green plant and my dealership received the car and all the accessories I ordered EXCEPT the visible carbon fiber spoiler. It’s been a week and a half and the spoiler still has not made it to the dealership. The GM distributor has indicated that GM has not provided any insight into a delivery date. SO FRUSTRATING!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Is this common? How can I find out when the spoiler will arrive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:50 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

You can drive the car without the spoiler, right? Patience. Stuff happens. It's not the end of the world. Enjoy the car. When the spoiler arrives, enjoy it some more!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:49 AM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by crerrera11
I’m hoping someone out there can give me some insight. I custom ordered a 2019 Grand Sport with all the bells and whistles which invluded the visible carbon fiber ground effects and visible carbon fiber spoiler. The car was completed by the bowling green plant and my dealership received the car and all the accessories I ordered EXCEPT the visible carbon fiber spoiler. It’s been a week and a half and the spoiler still has not made it to the dealership. The GM distributor has indicated that GM has not provided any insight into a delivery date. SO FRUSTRATING!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Is this common? How can I find out when the spoiler will arrive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I recall correctly spoilers are dealer-applied items, so just chill and the dealer will eventually get it and install. It's not worth worrying about. I would check in with the dealer no more often than every week, as they probably can do nothing to speed up delivery.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:19 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

Well geez, if its so unimportant then I'm sure GM is willing to give him the money back he paid for it right? Or if time of delivery is not important, then I guess it would be OK if this guy just paid GM whenever he got around to it right?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,590 Likes on 5,559 Posts

Not surprised, the carbon fiber parts probably needed to be special ordered or perhaps even manufactured, then shipped to your dealer for install. BG may not even ordered them until your car was finished.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyjames21
Well geez, if its so unimportant then I'm sure GM is willing to give him the money back he paid for it right? Or if time of delivery is not important, then I guess it would be OK if this guy just paid GM whenever he got around to it right?
They could have held the car until the spoiler was available. That's what they do when other options are "on constraint." As far as I know you are never guaranteed a delivery date on ordered cars.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by mschuyler
As far as I know you are never guaranteed a delivery date on ordered cars.
Nope, I was never told a firm date on either C7 I ordered
Old 10-22-2018, 10:31 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,160 Posts

My car came in without the spoiler. My dealer said I could take delivery and come back for the spoiler so I agreed. The day I was to pick up my car the spoiler came in and my dealer called to tell me to come pick it up a couple hours later because he was having the spoiler installed. I was happy it turned out that way but honestly I had no issue with waiting for the spoiler if I had to.

Get notified of new replies

To Custom Corvette Order But Spoiler Backordered?!?

Quick Reply: Custom Corvette Order But Spoiler Backordered?!?