C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help with my corvette c5

Old 11-12-2018, 03:54 PM
sercorvette
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help with my corvette c5

My corvette Presents faults With the Radio, the air conditioning, Mileage, Board, Failures of the Lights One goes up and the Other Low and I do not find the Failure help, thanks
Old 11-12-2018, 04:00 PM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

1st step: Check your battery voltage and clean the ground points.
The following users liked this post:
sercorvette (11-13-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 04:38 PM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

& where you can find your grounding points
sercorvette (11-13-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:03 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,187 Likes on 13,911 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C5 Tech.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:56 AM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by sercorvette
My corvette Presents faults With the Radio, the air conditioning, Mileage, Board...
Please, provide more details in each case. Otherwise it's almost impossible to try help you.

...Failures of the Lights One goes up and the Other Low...
Did this just happen by itself, or this began after some work was done and perhaps one of the headlight doors was disturbed?

Do you mean when one goes up, the other one goes down? If that's the case, open the hood and compare to each other the headlight door linkages. It might be that the linkage lever that attaches to the headlight door motor shaft on the one that's out of sync is mounted opposite in relation to the "good" one.
sercorvette (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 10:58 AM
sercorvette
4th Gear

my corvette, year 2002 presents a problem in many functions of the electrical system, it does not work wipers, radio, air conditioning, electric glasses, tachometer etc, but if you turn on the engine and it works the door locks and the lights, this problem sometimes When igniting the automobil disappear and other days returns the fault, I require help, thanks.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:19 AM
GCG
Melting Slicks

...it does not work... ...radio, air conditioning...
Radio and A/C totally dead? Nothing on the displays when you push the on/off buttons?

Have you checked the battery, as suggested above, and the fuses?

I asked you a couple of questions regarding your headlights, but you didn't answer them.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:31 PM
sercorvette
4th Gear

Good afternoon GcG The only work done to my Corvette c5 was the change for a new battery, the general failure of the circuits of radio, air, electric glasses, indicators on the Board etc ... It had happened to the C5 on several occasions years ago, which was solved by turning off the vehicle and turning it on again
Old 11-14-2018, 12:48 AM
GCG
Melting Slicks

You need to pull and post the codes.

If you have never pulled codes on your C5 here is how:

Post ALL the codes including the H or C or HC after each 5 character code. The codes are shown grouped under different categories. List them in the same way they appear, for example 10 - PCM, or 28 - TCS, or 40 - BCM, etc.

Pay especial attention to any sensor(s) that have NO COMM next to them and post those also.

***READING YOUR Engine Diagnostic Codes***

The Diagnostic Display Mode is entered with the following procedure:

1) Turn on the ignition but don't start the engine.
NOTE! You can read the DTCs with the engine running and or driving down the road but it can distract you. BE careful! Some DTCs clear themselves when you turn the ignition OFF!
I always read my DTCs prior to turning OFF the ignition switch. If you have any messages on the DIC,, PRESS RESET until they are gone!

2) Press the RESET button to turn off any warning messages. (i.e. door open, trunk open ect.)

3) Press and hold OPTIONS

4) While holding OPTIONS, press FUEL four times within a 10-second period.

Initially, on-board diagnostics go into an Automatic Mode which shows diagnostic codesin a pre-set sequence: PCM - TCS - RTD - BCM - IPC - RADIO - HVAC - LDCM - RDCM - SCM - RFA. All codes will be displayed for each. ( i.e. PCM = 4 codes) If none are present in a given module, you will see No More Codes on the display.

There are two kinds of diagnostic codes, Current and History designated with a letter suffix, "C" or "H". A current C code indicates a malfunction is present and active in the module displaying data. A history code indicates a problem existed sometime in the last 40 or 50 ignition cycles. When not accompanied by a current code of the same number, it's potential evidence of a previous problem, now resolved, that was not removed by clearing the codes.

More likely it's an indication of an intermittent malfunction. Intermittent codes are the most challenging of the diagnostics. An intermittent code may have happened once, may have happened more than once but is inconsistent or may be happening on a regular basis but not at the time the codesare displayed. History codes can also be caused by a current malfunction in a system that is not operating at the time codes are displayed. An example is the rear window defogger which doesn't operate until the Body Control Module detects engine rpm. For history codes set by a module that does not operate with the key on and engine off, a special diagnostic tool called a Scan Tester is necessary to properly diagnose the malfunction.

Once the system has displayed all modules, it goes into the manual mode which allows selection of each module using combinations of Driver Information Center buttons. Manual mode can also be entered during the automatic sequence by pressing any button except English/Metric (E/M). Once the display shows Manual Diagnostics, select a module by pressing the OPTIONS button to go forward or the TRIP button to go back. Once a module is selected, a code is displayed, and if more than one are present; press GAGES to go forward or FUEL to go back.

To exit the diagnostic mode at any time, press E/M.

If you want to erase codes in a given module, press and hold the RESET button To reset the codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until it displays NO CODES. Press OPTIONS to go to the next module. Repeat the steps until you have reset the codes in all the computer modules.

NOTE!! Only reset the codes IF you want to - it is NOT necessary to do this. Clearing a code does not repair a problem. You are simply erasing the evidence of it in the module's memory. If you clear the code/s, and extinguish the Check Engine Light, your emissions status ready will NOT allow you to pass an emissions test until you have completed the required driving cycles.

Once you have the codes, the next question is: What to do with the information? First, consult the factory service manual. Any serious C5 Do-It-Yourself owner should invest in the Corvette Service Manual of the appropriate model year. The Service Manual is really a requirement if you want to understand and work on your C5. You can GOOGLE the DTC and also find information on it.

Here is very good site that explains the DTCs:
http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm

Last edited by GCG; 11-14-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To I need help with my corvette c5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need help with my corvette c5