Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:04 AM
wdwinder
Drifting

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '24
Default Have to push door open button twice to get out

2017 Z06 A8.
this seems to have started recently (past couple weeks). I push once and there is lock noise and door moves slightly but will not open. I have to push the button a second time to be able to open the door. Car is in park with engine off at this point. I also notice on entering car, when I press the pad in door handle it makes lock click noise 2-3 times. Anybody else seen this?
I tried open door just after getting in and after turning on engine and both of those times it opened right away. Maybe its related to auto locking after moving.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:34 AM
shakinrock
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

On your first observation (getting out) this may be a stretch but for preventative reasons I'd have my battery load tested. Can't hurt.

On your second point, when I squeeze the door pad getting in I hear the bolt lock for the fuel door actuate several times, always. Not sure if this is normal. I'll be following this thread for the second point.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:51 AM
HooosierDaddy
Melting Slicks

Received 666 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by wdwinder
2017 Z06 A8.
this seems to have started recently (past couple weeks). I push once and there is lock noise and door moves slightly but will not open. I have to push the button a second time to be able to open the door. Car is in park with engine off at this point. I also notice on entering car, when I press the pad in door handle it makes lock click noise 2-3 times. Anybody else seen this?
I tried open door just after getting in and after turning on engine and both of those times it opened right away. Maybe its related to auto locking after moving.
Mine has started this as well but only with the interior button. I figured it was user error and I'm failing at pushing the button. I have to push the button two times (I know... first world problems).

I'm on the batter tender and it cycles between charged and charging. So i assume it doing it's job.

Also replaced batteries in the Remotes, but didn't seem to have any affect.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:59 AM
Yoggi
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I've had this happen also. I just thought I wasn't pushing button/pad correctly.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:30 PM
Matthewstorm
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

I've had this happen to me also. It's operator head space and timing. There's apparently an art to pressing and pushing at the same time.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:37 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
I've had this happen to me also. It's operator head space and timing. There's apparently an art to pressing and pushing at the same time.
Same here. About 50% of the time I have to hit the button twice. I tend to hit the button while using with my elbow to encourage the door to swing open. This method doesn't seem to be working very well.

During unlocking I get several clicks, but I think they are from the fuel door unlocking and not the vehicle door itself.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,188 Likes on 3,440 Posts

"... i assume it doing it's job" Assume nothing, check your battery and connections to be sure.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:40 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Avanti
"... i assume it doing it's job" Assume nothing, check your battery and connections to be sure.
I agree, sounds like a weak battery.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I had this happen to me several times in one day. So, I thought I would pay attention to see if I could figure out what was happening. I found I was pushing on the door (out of habit) at the same time I was hitting the button. I do this in my other vehicle that have manual latches. I made sure I stopped what I was doing, and luckily the door stopped what it was doing. I figure I was putting some pressure on the latch causing it to hang instead of moving as it should.

Disclaimer: This was my experience only. YMMV. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:38 PM
frogman1
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Child safety lock!!!!
Old 11-26-2018, 09:45 PM
wdwinder
Drifting

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '24

Been happening pretty reliably now this past week or more. Getting in and out. Im being careful to not push or pull on door while pushing button. Whats strange is I releases enough on first push to open the door slightly. Maybe im not fast enough?
I cant buy the weak battery theory since it would fail cranking long before it fails to release lock. At least I would expect that to be the case.

Get notified of new replies

To Have to push door open button twice to get out

Quick Reply: Have to push door open button twice to get out