C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

450 lph pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 12:42 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts
Default 450 lph pump

has anybody bought this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-WAL...t/153062454793
Old 11-16-2018, 12:46 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Guarantee that is a fake walbro. I would not buy it,
Old 11-16-2018, 05:32 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

How do ya win with those ******* !! All the images, part numbers etc are correct...but from China, chances of genuine are about zero.

Where are genuine Walbros manufactured ?

There are UK sellers on ebay with them for around £100, or the 274 which seems to be a higher pressure variant for a little more. At least you'd have a little more chance of a warranty with them.
Or FSE Glencoe list them at £124, but they're a long standing trader of fuel system parts and would absolutely have warranty.

I just bought mine off ebay UK though and so far no issues.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 11-16-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:37 PM
g23crawler
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

From Walbro themselves...

https://walbrofuelpumps.com/walbro-f...-fuel-pump-e85
Old 11-16-2018, 05:43 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Fuel pump and injectors are such important pieces of the puzzle, they just arent areas to take risks with
Old 11-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

Not meaning to bring politics in to this - but that's the complaint the companies have resulting in the tariffs. They freakin steal and rip-off anything they can...including all of the intellectual property etc, companies get screwed by the Chinese daily...
Old 11-16-2018, 07:26 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chiselchst
Not meaning to bring politics in to this - but that's the complaint the companies have resulting in the tariffs. They freakin steal and rip-off anything they can...including all of the intellectual property etc, companies get screwed by the Chinese daily...
They hardly need new laws or tariffs to tackle counterfeit goods though ?

The market is literally swamped with them....and even with distributors in each country, the law doesnt seem to target those who re-distribute the fake goods ?

It's fine if they want make cheap equivalent parts, but when they're blatantly selling them as genuine brand name products, that's a whole different story. And ebay themselves should be doing something about it, or forced to do so.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:54 AM
romandian
Drifting

well, its not that simple, there is a thing called market segmentation, you know. e.g. im buying 50 ml loctite products from china for $9 incl. shipping. that stuff works and i suspect it is an (illegal?) resale of genuine products into hig income markets. im not saying this is the case with that pump, but it just might be. you have to realize the manufacturing cost of most products we buy is a small fraction of the sale price, the rest being mainly distribution, insurance and warranty costs.

so, anybody bought this?
Old 11-17-2018, 05:38 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by romandian
well, its not that simple, there is a thing called market segmentation, you know. e.g. im buying 50 ml loctite products from china for $9 incl. shipping. that stuff works and i suspect it is an (illegal?) resale of genuine products into hig income markets. im not saying this is the case with that pump, but it just might be. you have to realize the manufacturing cost of most products we buy is a small fraction of the sale price, the rest being mainly distribution, insurance and warranty costs.

so, anybody bought this?
It is that simple. Walbro claim their pumps are made in USA.

So it is unrealistic for it to be made in USA, then to end up being sold from China at half the price of the genuine item. And using another products brand name for a fake..is illegal pretty much everywhere in the world, even if it isnt enforced.

Again....how much value do you place on your engine ? Proper pumps are already very cheap anyway

Last edited by stevieturbo; 11-17-2018 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:35 AM
romandian
Drifting

unrealistic? yeah, well the last 380 aem supposedly u.s. made (who t.f. knows where really) put out 20% less than advertised. (it had a dent in the body too. ) after a couple of emails the contact to aem died. and think about my post above. a 044 will set you back $400 if bought from an authorized bosh dealer and you need two of them, right? i mean, if i was not trying to save everywhere, eigher buying a house, a pump or bread, i would not be where i am today.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:07 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

A genuine Bosch 044 is £168 from the UK ( they can be bought for less ), so nowhere near US$400 wherever you get that price from.

https://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/bosch-f...4-fp200-5-bar/

https://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/bo...4044-170-p.asp

I have a pair of the AEM's myself and would agree, who knows where they are made. If one had arrived with a dent in the body, I would not have used it though. But I used them for almost a year without issue.

I've never seen an independent test for the AEM pumps, nor did I flow test mine...so couldnt comment on what they flow, but of course that will also depend on how the test was performed, what lines, filters, voltage, pressure etc was used during the test.
I will say that after switching from a pair of 044's to the AEM's...I personally dont believe they flow anything different and if they do, it would be marginal. That said, there is a guy on Tech running mid 7's on a pair of them, so they must move some fuel. His would be the exception though, as it is very very fast !

I ultimately moved back to an in-tank setup ( non vette ) and bought 3 of the 450's although at present I am only using 2 of them, just bought from a UK ebay seller for around £105ea.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 11-17-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:49 AM
romandian
Drifting

on top of the $400 the bosh dealer had problems ordering the "044" and thought it was discontinued. it just might be it is and all 044s out there are fakes. i didnt pursue this any further because of the price. btw, i test every pump i get with two buckets of gas connected to a running car..
Old 11-18-2018, 10:57 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

can you not order from amazon or some other reliable place and import it, maybe have someone over here buy them for you and ship them?
Old 11-18-2018, 01:41 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Utter nonsense the 044 is discontinued. I've already listed EU/UK suppliers who are 100% trustworthy and at a fraction of the price you're claiming they cost. If you are in Switzerland, there would be no issue at all getting one posted to you quite cheaply. In fact you could almost have two of them for the price you claim one costs.

And the only way to test for a valid result would be testing as installed in your actual vehicle. Testing open flow into a bucket without your fuel lines, filters, FPR etc attached doesn't really test or prove anything other than the pump actually works to move fuel.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:15 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Purchase from a good source...
You posted a fake wally which is common all over ebay and various other sites and are upset people are telling you if you want real to purchase real. No matter how upset you get at anyone on here no one will be able to guarantee the pump will be real.

Amazon is also not a good source for stuff like this. Their system basically stock piles items from multiple sources they are resellers and are not spending the time to make sure their many and multiple sources for alot of products are all selling legit items. You could in theory buy two and one be "real" and the other be a knock off.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:49 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

if it's sold by amazon directly and not a third party seller it should be fine, the reason I suggested that is because they will ship pretty much anywhere in the world which some retailers won't do
Old 11-19-2018, 01:28 AM
Shortpersonbk
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
if it's sold by amazon directly and not a third party seller it should be fine, the reason I suggested that is because they will ship pretty much anywhere in the world which some retailers won't do

Sadly not. Even the blue check mark does not mean that it is amazon them selves is providing the product. When you search deeper sometimes you can find a fulfilled by amazon product along with a couple others that are prime shipping but it is still grouped all together in their warehouses so your pumps that amazon them selves sourced are on the same rack as the ones that "partusa" sent in also to be stored and shipped. Anything with the same SKU ends up in the same pile no matter who sends it in or orders it so there is no way to tell which ones amazon sourced or XYZ company paid to have fulfilled by an amazon warehouse.

Last edited by Shortpersonbk; 11-19-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:46 PM
romandian
Drifting

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Utter nonsense the 044 is discontinued. I've already listed EU/UK suppliers who are 100% trustworthy and at a fraction of the price you're claiming they cost. If you are in Switzerland, there would be no issue at all getting one posted to you quite cheaply. In fact you could almost have two of them for the price you claim one costs.

And the only way to test for a valid result would be testing as installed in your actual vehicle. Testing open flow into a bucket without your fuel lines, filters, FPR etc attached doesn't really test or prove anything other than the pump actually works to move fuel.
i test it at the appropriate regulated pressure and the voltage the car sees when running (elevated idle). the thread got off topic somewhat, maybe my fault.

has anybody bought this pump?

Get notified of new replies

To 450 lph pump

Quick Reply: 450 lph pump