C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSX C7 Aux Pump system now available!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 01:16 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts
Default DSX C7 Aux Pump system now available!

https://dsxtuning.com/collections/au...-2014-corvette

The DSX C7 Aux kit is now available!

This system features all of the standards with other DSX kits including crimped and pressure tested PTFE fuel lines, laser cut mounting, and billet fittings. The pump pre filter is the same custom DSX 74 micron filter made exclusively for the Walbro GSL392. The tee fitting is the one piece DSX design that features a steel retaining ring and fluorosilicone o-rings (no multiple pieces connected together, no backing nuts to fumble with, no plastic clips to fail).

The real defining feature of this system is the all new CAN controller that plugs into the parking brake jumper inside the fender. Aside from the ultimate in pump control, this means you don't have to run any wires from the engine bay, and the installation is completely self contained to the rear driver's wheel area. This controller uses CAN data exclusively to activate the pump, and it will kick on when 500kPa or more of pressure requested. It also features a soft start function meaning the pump won't immediately go to full pressure (it ramps over 100ms) to prevent a huge spike. There is also a built in priming feature where you can manually run the pump when the engine is not running. The pump will run proportional to how far down you push the accelerator pedal.

As with other kits, these are $1000 for the full system and are warrantied for life.

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old 11-19-2018, 01:35 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Inline booster pump to factory pump or drill the factory tank and then tap into factory feed line?
Old 11-19-2018, 01:39 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by atljar
Inline booster pump to factory pump or drill the factory tank and then tap into factory feed line?
This is a parallel setup, so it requires tapping the tank for a dedicated feed to the pump.
The following users liked this post:
atljar (11-19-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 06:55 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Dave...
Im surprised no one else has chimed in here.

A couple of questions I have....
Any of these in action yet? Any idea on what they will support on various setups? Why the Walbro 255 over the Bosch 044?
Old 11-20-2018, 07:12 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Dave...
Im surprised no one else has chimed in here.

A couple of questions I have....
Any of these in action yet? Any idea on what they will support on various setups? Why the Walbro 255 over the Bosch 044?
There's about eight that have been running around for a while (the oldest is about a year old). I use the Walbro because it is quieter, it is internally check valved, and will flow enough to keep up with the high side. It is possible to use a Bosch 044, but it brings the cost of the kits up when that pump just isn't really needed. I am working on another pump option, but it won't be a Bosch inline and requires me to make a new pre-filter. As far as what it will support, it is hard to throw an exact number out because the DI system has multiple parts to it, but the low side itself (in conjunction with the stock intank pump) is capable of 800-900whp worth of ethanol.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:18 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DSX Tuning
but the low side itself (in conjunction with the stock intank pump) is capable of 800-900whp worth of ethanol.
Am I reading this correctly in saying, this setup, with a either a upgraded high side or Port setup, should be enough to hold 800-900 rwhp on a SC car.. Lets say a BSFC of around 0.9??
Old 11-20-2018, 07:24 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Am I reading this correctly in saying, this setup, with a either a upgraded high side or Port setup, should be enough to hold 800-900 rwhp on a SC car.. Lets say a BSFC of around 0.9??
With port injection, absolutely. I've had customers on other LT4 applications make 850+ whp on the DI system alone, but it becomes maxed out at that point.
atljar (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 10:21 PM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Dave

what pressure, high pump or low pump, indicates there is a need for the aux setup??
Old 11-21-2018, 12:46 AM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HNK
Dave

what pressure, high pump or low pump, indicates there is a need for the aux setup??
Low side pressure is where you’ll see a problem.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:14 AM
Z06Brucey
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Does it come with a drill and tap kit for the tank?
Old 11-21-2018, 01:23 AM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Z06Brucey
Does it come with a drill and tap kit for the tank?
I sell the drill and tap separate because there are many instances where people buying fuel systems don’t need the drill and tap, so it would be a waste.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:45 AM
HNK
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=DSX Tuning;1598371104]

Low side pressure is where you’ll see a problem

what psi do I need to be at to upgrade to your kit?
Old 11-21-2018, 08:58 AM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HNK
Low side pressure is where you’ll see a problem

what psi do I need to be at to upgrade to your kit?
If your low side isn't able to keep up with the commanded pressure, it is time to upgrade.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:37 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

I sell the drill and tap separate because there are many instances where people buying fuel systems don’t need the drill and tap, so it would be a waste.
How much are the drill and tap kit?
Old 11-23-2018, 08:02 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fyreant

how much are the drill and tap kit?
$50
FYREANT (11-23-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 05:35 PM
zeeohspit
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The prime feature is genius! Just curios, what are the syringe and aluminum bracket for?

Last edited by zeeohspit; 11-29-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:19 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

The syringe is filled with ethanol compatible sealant for the fitting that goes into the tank.

The aluminum bracket is for mounting the pump. I always use two mounting points for everything and didn’t want to just hang a pump off of a single existing nut.

Get notified of new replies

To DSX C7 Aux Pump system now available!

Old 11-29-2018, 06:34 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Dave, I ordered my pump through EdgyVette the other day and am looking forward to putting it in. Two questions; I am assuming it was likely ordered without the “tools” you mentioned previously (on facebook), so could you advise what the tools are? I’m assuming a specific size drill bit, etc. second - On something like this I’d like to write up one of my “How To” guides but wanted to see if you are ok with it since everyone is so hush hush about releasing instructions for these low side kits. Are you ok with me doing a guide here on the forum?

Last edited by FYREANT; 11-29-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:45 PM
0DSX Tuning
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Dave, I ordered my pump through EdgyVette the other day and am looking forward to putting it in. Two questions; I am assuming it was likely ordered without the “tools” you mentioned previously (on facebook), so could you advise what the tools are? I’m assuming a specific size drill bit, etc. second - On something like this I’d like to write up one of my “How To” guides but wanted to see if you are ok with it since everyone is so hush hush about releasing instructions for these low side kits. Are you ok with me doing a guide here on the forum?
You need a 37/64 drill and a 3/8 NPT tap (preferably NPTF). Besides that... basic hand tools and Torx bits.

I can’t stop you. Lol. My kit is fairly priced given what it accomplished and how easy it is to use, and the CAN controller is really what brings it all together which is not going to be easy for the unoriginals to copy.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:04 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

You need a 37/64 drill and a 3/8 NPT tap (preferably NPTF). Besides that... basic hand tools and Torx bits.

I can’t stop you. Lol. My kit is fairly priced given what it accomplished and how easy it is to use, and the CAN controller is really what brings it all together which is not going to be easy for the unoriginals to copy.
I have both the 37/64 bit and a 3/8 NPT tap. Not sure what NPTF is though..? To clarify, I wouldn’t show any tuning or controller functions. It would strictly be a photo based “this is how you physically install it”. If you’ve seen my other guides, you know what I mean. If you said you didn’t want me to do one though, I would respect that. But I tend to make the guides so that even a dumass could install something.. lol

Quick Reply: DSX C7 Aux Pump system now available!