C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnuson / Eaton 'Heartbeat' SC install .. Redline Motorsports Dyno Results >

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Magnuson / Eaton 'Heartbeat' SC install .. Redline Motorsports Dyno Results >

Yesterday, I visited Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL and had my newly installed Magnuson / Eaton supercharger dyno tuned by Howard Tanner.

My 2011 GS / A6 is stock except for a set of Pfadt headers with cats and Borla 'Touring' mufflers.

However, I did install a Kenne Bell 'Boost A Pump' so the factory fuel pump would be able to maintain sufficient fuel flow to the injectors at full boost.

With a 93mm SC drive pulley I was able to get right at 7.0 - 7.5 PSI boost during the majority of the dyno pull.

Anyway ... The car made right at 535 RWHP @ 6,300 RPM and 498 RWTQ. Figuring a 16% parasitic HP loss through the A6 drivetrain, that 535 RWHP equates to about a 637 Net crank HP.

Redline Motorsports is really a very impressive First-Class operation, and Howard Tanner (the owner) did a great job tuning and calibrating this car. The thing that impressed me the most was that after the calibration was completed, Mr. Tanner took lots of time answering all my questions, and explained things about these superchargers that I certainly did not know.

Anyway, I am really pleased with the service I got from Redline! ..... Big thumbs up to these folks

BTW ... The SC was installed in my home garage by myself and my son-in-law who is an ASC Master Tech mechanic (big help).

Name:  wvtz5qf.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  139.9 KB
Old 11-20-2018, 04:42 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

BTW .... Howard Tanner told me that little 'blip' in the HP and Torque curves at about 5,800 RPM was more than likely caused by a 'jump' in the rear wheels towards the end of the dyno pull.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:49 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Congrats!

This fits under the factory hood?
Old 11-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

What does your 'BUTT DYNO" tell you Ron, that's more impressive than numbers
Bobby
Old 11-20-2018, 08:51 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Originally Posted by NY09C6

Congrats! ... This fits under the factory hood?
Yup, and in my case, I didn't even need to remove that black underhood liner in my car.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:00 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Not So Fast

What does your 'BUTT DYNO" tell you Ron, that's more impressive than numbers
Bobby
Bobby .... The car pulls like a freight train.

In fact, since we were going down Alligator Ally (on I-75 between Naples and Miami, and through the everglades) there was a good stretch of straight 75 mph highway that had very little car travel on it at the time ... I was able to accelerate the car from a 30 MPH roll on up to 140. The car was still pulling real strong at 140 .... but I let out of it because of a couple of cars I was coming up on that were ahead of me ..... Safety First!
Old 11-20-2018, 09:08 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Very impressive. Makes me want one of those.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA

Anyway ... The car made right at 535 RWHP @ 6,300 RPM and 498 RWTQ. Figuring a 16% parasitic HP loss through the A6 drivetrain, that 535 RWHP equates to about a 637 Net crank HP.
M6 has about 61hp drive line loss, while A6 has bout 73 HP loss through the drive line, and these amounts stay constant unless you change something out on the drive line: no matter how much you increase the power of the motor.

So your 535RWHP with A6 drive line loss puts the motor at around 608HP at the crank.

With headers, and a meth kit to keep the IAT's down pull after pull and give you a octane safety margin to push timing more, should be able to spool the TVS up some more with more pressure to hit the 650HP mark without problems. On meth mix, check your local chemical supplies, since Methanol is pretty cheap when bought this way (no added shipping charges), and it just gets mixed with 50% distilled water that runs around $6 a gallon when you make it yoursefl. Hell, if your not going to rod the motor that much, you can use the windshield washer tank as a combo unit, for both the meth mix and to use it for the windshield fluid as well (windshield flush is about 20% meth, and the rest water with some coloring). Hence gallon of meth mix lasts most that don't hot rod the motor that much for weeks at a time or longer.

If you check on meth kits will controller, they are not that much even with their own tanks to start with, and will be worth its weight in gold from not only the ability to turn the motor for more HP now even without having to decrease the S/C pulley size, but keep the motor from pulling timing/hp after a few hits of the S/C when the motor starts to heat soak isntead.

On a positive note, looks like the tuner got the AFR to hold steady across the board.

P.S, how much of the TM did the tuner leave in, or did he tune it all out and you can pretty much play sit and spin roasting the tires at will now isntead.

Last edited by Dano523; 11-22-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:05 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Bobby .... The car pulls like a freight train.

In fact, since we were going down Alligator Ally (on I-75 between Naples and Miami, and through the everglades) there was a good stretch of straight 75 mph highway that had very little car travel on it at the time ... I was able to accelerate the car from a 30 MPH roll on up to 140. The car was still pulling real strong at 140 .... but I let out of it because of a couple of cars I was coming up on that were ahead of me ..... Safety First!
Thanks for the opportunity to work with you on your build. Your team did a great job on the installation which helps greatly to a properly calibration. As Rich told you " speeding tickets and bald tires are covered!" Keep us posted on your fun and if we could be of further assistance you know where to find us

Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 PM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 150 Posts

Ron - congrats on the awesome build brother! The Maggie is a torque monster as you now know. And, totally streetable. You made a wise choice and your numbers are right where they should be - right in the fun zone. Enjoy and be safe.

Get notified of new replies

To Magnuson / Eaton 'Heartbeat' SC install .. Redline Motorsports Dyno Results >

Quick Reply: Magnuson / Eaton 'Heartbeat' SC install .. Redline Motorsports Dyno Results >