C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Hp tuners and dtc

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 08:04 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Hp tuners and dtc

So i had this show up. Stupid question..could these be fake? Reason being no check engine light. I do feel something go on with the throttle feeling like its not opening sometimes and i lose..i wouldnt say power but acceleration. It comes and goes..
Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Sounds like your 'traction control system " OR your TQ Management system is kicking in---This is all normal stuff for an untuned engine----Tuning can make your throttle act like a cable throttle system--So when you floor the thottle it actually goes to WOT !! There are other programs in your stock tune that will sometimes remove HP and TQ
1 TQ limiting
2 traction control
3 Abuse management
4 Pedal TQ limit reduction-
Old 11-30-2018, 07:36 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

How can i have all these codes and no check engine light? So all these codes have to do with each other?Thanks

Last edited by 04zjimc; 11-30-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:13 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

go to the dtc list and see if the ses enable box is unchecked for whatever codes you are concerned about, that would explain no light... what you are showing is just a tuning table though, what codes are actually showing up?
Old 11-30-2018, 12:24 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

This is what i found as far as codes. If i reset battery and drive my car its fast like it should be..after i drive around i believe whats happening is the code is setting again and it feels like when i give it gas the throttle body is not opening. There is a DAY and NIGHT difference..even if fuel trims are learning the car is not supposed to be slower once it learns. Had this problem once before a tune just headers..i hit the gas car took off got a serice traction it went away that was 5yrs ago still have the same problem. Car has 31,000. That service traction light was the only light i have ever gotten.

Last edited by 04zjimc; 11-30-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:30 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

what code is setting? 1514?... that will throw the car into rep if that code sets and probably was caused by the values entered in the tune but it should be easy for the tuner to fix
Old 11-30-2018, 01:29 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

The pic above shows what codes that setting...like i said the way this car runs now is the way it was before any tune...the t/c light came on once thats how i noticed the problem..
Old 12-01-2018, 04:03 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

I have a drive by wire..
Old 12-07-2018, 04:56 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, that pic is of the editor not the scanner. Those are tables to adjust and are bounderies/ranges for either of those codes to set. You need to be on your scanner to read DTC's.

Open your scanner, click the car icon to "connect to vehicle", once connected, click the engine icon "diagnostics", then on the open window I think it's the bottom left button to read DTC's.

Honestly, I prefer to use the C5 on board DTC dispay, as it shows everything (hit reset to clear out, then hold option and hit the fuel button 3 times I belive). The HPT scanner won't show all set codes.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:43 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Ok So I think i haved solved your issue It was hard to read your code on your screen shot But i finally saw the P1514 code
This is a very common code for any modded car that has indreased the airflow for whatever reason beyond what the stock ECM deems to be "NORMAL"
There is a table in your ECM called the "PREDICTED AIRFLOW TABLE" In EFILLIVE it is table C6101 Not sure what HP names it or calls it
When your combination exceeds the predicted airflow table it will go into reduced power mode----
This is an easy fix ---- Simply go to your predicted airflow table and depending on how much of a HP increase you have made INCREASE the entire table-----On a non boosted car HDS/CAM/HDRS I would start by adding like 35% to the entire table---and the code will NOT re appear nor will the TC codes or messages--
If you simple delete the code--the issue still exists even though you may not get that code ---- it will still go into reduced power mode --You MUST fix this table in your tune to eliminate the code forever and to stop your engine from going into Reduced power mode--
Old 12-10-2018, 07:33 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Originally Posted by tblu92
Ok So I think i haved solved your issue It was hard to read your code on your screen shot But i finally saw the P1514 code
This is a very common code for any modded car that has indreased the airflow for whatever reason beyond what the stock ECM deems to be "NORMAL"
There is a table in your ECM called the "PREDICTED AIRFLOW TABLE" In EFILLIVE it is table C6101 Not sure what HP names it or calls it
When your combination exceeds the predicted airflow table it will go into reduced power mode----
This is an easy fix ---- Simply go to your predicted airflow table and depending on how much of a HP increase you have made INCREASE the entire table-----On a non boosted car HDS/CAM/HDRS I would start by adding like 35% to the entire table---and the code will NOT re appear nor will the TC codes or messages--
If you simple delete the code--the issue still exists even though you may not get that code ---- it will still go into reduced power mode --You MUST fix this table in your tune to eliminate the code forever and to stop your engine from going into Reduced power mode--
i put my tech2 on there no codes like i said in other threads this has been happening before any tune was installed i just had headers the traction control light came on had great acceleration then the light went off car went back to lazy acceleration that was 4yrs ago never had Another light again..no dtcs stored in computer..
Old 12-10-2018, 06:44 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Well your screen shot showing diagnostics shows the P1514 code ??
Old 12-10-2018, 07:54 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Well your screen shot showing diagnostics shows the P1514 code ??
I was told to check the dtc from the scanner when plugged in to the car.what i did was upload my file and that code appeared.so not sure if its real? when i reset my battery and go for a ride its soooo much faster..i know fuel trims are relearning but is there supposed to be a day and night difference in acceleration? In 50 degree weather with a drag radial i was spinning the tires in 2nd gear!

Last edited by 04zjimc; 12-10-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:59 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Of course it is REAL-----False codes normally only occur with emision related issues like the AIR system--Cat system or o2's
A p1514 is a normal code for any modded engine and the only fix is to 'tune it out"
You can have some LTFT 's showing plus or minus before the ECM has time to learn out However the differences in HP and acceleration should be minimal----
A negative fuel trim will lock on "0" when going to WOT But a positive fuel trim will add that % when going to WOT as a lean safety--It may make your HP down somewhat but not extreme--PLUS if your fuel trims go way out of whack like over 20% you will either get a LEAN or RICH code which you are NOT---
Once you clear a p1514 code it will NOT re appear or go into reduced power mode until you drive your car thru 3 cold/warm drive cycles-----If you clear it it will go away but just temporarily---Fixing your tune as I mentioned above is the only way to delete it permanently
Old 12-12-2018, 05:46 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Of course it is REAL-----False codes normally only occur with emision related issues like the AIR system--Cat system or o2's
A p1514 is a normal code for any modded engine and the only fix is to 'tune it out"
You can have some LTFT 's showing plus or minus before the ECM has time to learn out However the differences in HP and acceleration should be minimal----
A negative fuel trim will lock on "0" when going to WOT But a positive fuel trim will add that % when going to WOT as a lean safety--It may make your HP down somewhat but not extreme--PLUS if your fuel trims go way out of whack like over 20% you will either get a LEAN or RICH code which you are NOT---
Once you clear a p1514 code it will NOT re appear or go into reduced power mode until you drive your car thru 3 cold/warm drive cycles-----If you clear it it will go away but just temporarily---Fixing your tune as I mentioned above is the only way to delete it permanently
i dont have a modded engine headers and a vararam is far from a modded engine lol..
This code should show up on my tech2 and it dont
Old 12-13-2018, 08:57 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

I also found this..

Get notified of new replies

To Hp tuners and dtc

Quick Reply: Hp tuners and dtc