C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever use the A&A upgraded C6 radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 11:02 AM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Anybody ever use the A&A upgraded C6 radiator?

I see most people choose the Dewitts radiator for an aftermarket option. But what about this one? It has a thicker core, and internal oil and trans cooler sections.

https://aacorvette.com/shop/product/...ance-radiator/

Seems like a good option to me.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Daddy Freeman
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by VVVROOMTX
I see most people choose the Dewitts radiator for an aftermarket option. But what about this one? It has a thicker core, and internal oil and trans cooler sections.

I am. I have a single fan mounted to it. The person I bought my car from had purchased everything from A&A, Flip Drive, YSI - V7, Intercooler, radiator, etc. No complaints. I have never seen hotter than 220 on a 100 degree day in southern Indiana.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:23 PM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Originally Posted by Daddy Freeman
I am. I have a single fan mounted to it. The person I bought my car from had purchased everything from A&A, Flip Drive, YSI - V7, Intercooler, radiator, etc. No complaints. I have never seen hotter than 220 on a 100 degree day in southern Indiana.
So you still have the OEM fan mounted to it? and How the oil temps do?
Old 12-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Daddy Freeman
Instructor

So you still have the OEM fan mounted to it? and How the oil temps do?
I feel like it takes forever to get to 160 so I can hit some boost. I have never seen oil temps higher than coolant temps. It has been a while since it has been hot around here but I believe the oil temp is usually about 10 degrees cooler than coolant.
The following users liked this post:
sallen619 (12-14-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 02:01 PM
VVVROOMTX
Racer

Originally Posted by Daddy Freeman
I feel like it takes forever to get to 160 so I can hit some boost. I have never seen oil temps higher than coolant temps. It has been a while since it has been hot around here but I believe the oil temp is usually about 10 degrees cooler than coolant.
ok great to hear! is this radiator lower than stock as well?
Old 12-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Daddy Freeman
Instructor

ok great to hear! is this radiator lower than stock as well?
I really can't answer that. I am in the middle of polishing my supercharger and brackets as well as detailing my engine compartment and I took some pics in case I forgot how to put it all back together.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:49 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

I have this radiator on my C6Z with the T-trim kit. In retrospect, I'd suggest NOT going to a cut-down radiator in general... BUT... If you do, this one has done a pretty good job considering. My car stays in the high 100's and on really hot days creeps up to 210-212... I've made a long trip running the A/C on a 95-105 degree day and it was fine with the A/C on for hours as long as I'm moving. Stop and go traffic with and without the A/C on extremely hot days are tough as the radiator just doesn't get enough air, so I'm swapping on the ProSpeed fan setup to help with that. I'm also going to not use the engine oil cooler as my coolant temps seem to track with those so as my oil temps get to 212 or so, the coolant goes up with it.
sallen619 (12-14-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

It is a Griffin radiator with A&A specs. Over four years ago, A&A installed a DeWitts radiator on my car, but since then switched over. Andy had mentioned that to me at the time of my install. I thinking pricing was one of the reasons. Both very good radiators.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 12-15-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:38 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

There are a lot of choices out there today. My suggestion would be to narrow your search to the ones made in the USA and epoxy free. If you don't know, ask.

Epoxy Filled headers
Old 12-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

ir
Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
There are a lot of choices out there today. My suggestion would be to narrow your search to the ones made in the USA and epoxy free. If you don't know, ask.

Epoxy Filled headers
One of the nice features of a DeWitts radiator is their lifetime warranty. I developed a little leak on my DeWitts radiator. I called them and they authorized a repair, so I shipped it to them last week. It should arrive this Monday at their facility. DeWitts will repair it and ship it back to me at no charge. However, in order to honor their warranty, only DeWitts can make the repair, so don't attempt an epoxy fix and then send it to them.

This is a company that stands by their work!

Thank You in advance.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 12-16-2018 at 03:21 PM.
sallen619 (12-16-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody ever use the A&A upgraded C6 radiator?

Quick Reply: Anybody ever use the A&A upgraded C6 radiator?