C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Borla x-pipe/Corsa Extreme cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 03:05 PM
SGT_G
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Borla x-pipe/Corsa Extreme cat-back

Anyone ever try this combo on their Z06? I currently have the catless borla x pipe and would like the corsa extreme exhaust. It appears that it should bolt right to the back end of the borla x pipe but I wanted confirmation.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Amirns
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I had this set up for 2 weeks, it sounded good but it was kind of weird because the sound seemed to be only coming out the back/the sound was coming from further away if that makes sense, there was no sound in the middle and when I swapped to the corsa xpipe the sound started coming from the middle (better) and I think it was because of how good the borla fitment was and that there was no leak so the sound was coming out the rear only but the corsa xpipe is not the best quality in my opinion, installed a brand new one and the fitment was meh and I had exhaust leak but its okay because the sound started coming out the middle a little so I could her better, but overall the tune remained the same in my opinion, dont waste your money on corsa xpipe stick with the borla's
Old 12-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Derekz51
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you like the sound better with borla/ Corsa set up? Your description of the sound with this set up seems like a good fit but as far as the exhaust note which did you prefer. I'm on the fence going with borla xpipe and borla npp, I only drive in sport and track so npp functionality is not something I care too much for. I have also read quite a few people who went with the borla mufflers and we're disappointed it wasn't loud enough.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Amirns
Pro

Originally Posted by Zfiftyjuan
Did you like the sound better with borla/ Corsa set up? Your description of the sound with this set up seems like a good fit but as far as the exhaust note which did you prefer. I'm on the fence going with borla xpipe and borla npp, I only drive in sport and track so npp functionality is not something I care too much for. I have also read quite a few people who went with the borla mufflers and we're disappointed it wasn't loud enough.
I like the full corsa set up better because even tho there is a small exhaust leak from the xpipe it makes it louder to me, but the borla xpipe was a really tight fit so the sound of kind of less in the cabin for some reason, I would say go with the Corsa's you'll like them, and understand that you will for sure get used to the exhaust within a month and would want to go louder because thats how I feel right now lol
Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Derekz51
Intermediate

This is what originally lead me to purchasing the borla over Corsa xpipe. I read alot of people having issues with leaks. The noise diff is prolly because the xpipe that Corsa makes rejoins towards the end of the mid pipe. The only down side I foresee going Corsa is having to cut the mufflers off by the AFM. Did you install them yourself and cut the stock mufflers off? Or did you take it to a shop for install?

Last edited by Derekz51; 12-12-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:51 AM
Amirns
Pro

My car is a Z06 so I didnt have to deal with AFM valves and I went with full corsa which included the mufflers too. As for cutting up your mufflers I dont think you need to because as far as i know both the borla and the corsa fit the oem exhaust. I was under the impression you wanted to go full corsa (mufflers included) but if your only doing xpipe stick with borla because their quality is definitely better than corsa. And as for the sound before the corsas I had the magnaflow with the borla xpipe and the sound was great in the cabin but just a little drone so it was really weird when I swapped corsa mufflers that the sound in the cabin became really quiet which I think is because of how well the borla xpipe fit the mufflers but now that I swapped to corsa and there is a bit of exhaust leak the sound is back in the cabin so im okay with a little bit of leak. I had a shop install it and it was straight forward
Old 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Definitely has been done.

Sounds different since its two different brands.. Not sure quite how to explain it but its different.

-Josh
Old 12-13-2018, 03:19 PM
Derekz51
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Amirns
My car is a Z06 so I didnt have to deal with AFM valves and I went with full corsa which included the mufflers too. As for cutting up your mufflers I dont think you need to because as far as i know both the borla and the corsa fit the oem exhaust. I was under the impression you wanted to go full corsa (mufflers included) but if your only doing xpipe stick with borla because their quality is definitely better than corsa. And as for the sound before the corsas I had the magnaflow with the borla xpipe and the sound was great in the cabin but just a little drone so it was really weird when I swapped corsa mufflers that the sound in the cabin became really quiet which I think is because of how well the borla xpipe fit the mufflers but now that I swapped to corsa and there is a bit of exhaust leak the sound is back in the cabin so im okay with a little bit of leak. I had a shop install it and it was straight forward
Your original thoughts were correct I was wanting to do mid pipe plus mufflers. You helped make my decision, I will most likely go with Borla ATAKs. Thank you for your information

The following users liked this post:
Amirns (12-13-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Borla x-pipe/Corsa Extreme cat-back

Quick Reply: Borla x-pipe/Corsa Extreme cat-back