C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repair work in Greenville, SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 10:49 AM
skinner_t
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair work in Greenville, SC

Hey guys, this is my first post. I have a '69 vert and would like to know a contact for a repair / maintenance person tondo some work on it in the Greenville, SC area. I'm willing to travel a bit if necessary. Thanks
Old 12-10-2018, 12:10 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Give Dub from Corvettes etc. a call he's over near the Charlotte Douglas airport 704 394-5150. He is an absolute perfectionist and very knowledgeable. He may know someone closer to you as well.

You can also check with the folks at D&M Restoration, right there in Greenville 864-254-9989. I'm sure they can steer you to a good shop.

Good luck... GUSTO

Last edited by GUSTO14; 12-10-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:50 PM
skinner_t
3rd Gear

Thanks for the response. D&M in Greenville told me they only repair gauges and do not work on vehicles. They also did not know anybody who works on Corvettes.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:24 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

You need to find an independent shop owned by a guy in his 50's. He learned his craft on cars of this era. His shop will have older cars, ten or more years old. The mechanical aspects of these cars are nothing special. Their just Chevrolets. He doesn't want to tie his shop up with a long term project. He wants to move em in and move em out. These shops are not going to be in the city , look out in the county in the small towns. Somebody you work with knows a guy who knows a guy.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:31 PM
jpattt24
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Jamison Custom Corvettes in Charleston. they are the best around!
Old 12-10-2018, 05:05 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by mortgageguy
You need to find an independent shop owned by a guy in his 50's. He learned his craft on cars of this era. His shop will have older cars, ten or more years old. The mechanical aspects of these cars are nothing special. Their just Chevrolets. He doesn't want to tie his shop up with a long term project. He wants to move em in and move em out. These shops are not going to be in the city , look out in the county in the small towns. Somebody you work with knows a guy who knows a guy.
Clearly you are entitled to your opinion but your conception on how Corvettes shops are in a big city are totally skewed and not correct. Making a 'blanket' statement like that is just incorrect. I do major restorations....so I tie up floor space in my shop with long term projects and also have space for the much faster work. My shop is kind of like a hospital in regards to I have intensive care where the car will be there for a while and I also have out patient...where the car can be in and out the same day or in only a few days.

And YES...they are Chevrolets.... some areas are similar without a doubt.....but TRUST ME there are areas on the Corvette that is Corvette specific. Not an opinion... but a fact. Or do all Chevrolets have a wiper door that raises to allow the wiper to function....or a pop out rear back glass.

DUB
Old 12-10-2018, 06:28 PM
grumpy73
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Give DUB a call he is the man for Corvettes. He has a wealth of knowledge and if you are inclined to some DIY he will point you in the right direction. If not take it to him and it will be right when you get it back.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:17 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,730 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by grumpy73
Give DUB a call he is the man for Corvettes. He has a wealth of knowledge and if you are inclined to some DIY he will point you in the right direction. If not take it to him and it will be right when you get it back.
I couldn't have said it better...

It's well worth the hour and half drive to see Dub in Charlotte-

Richard
Old 12-10-2018, 09:55 PM
mortgageguy
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
Clearly you are entitled to your opinion but your conception on how Corvettes shops are in a big city are totally skewed and not correct. Making a 'blanket' statement like that is just incorrect. I do major restorations....so I tie up floor space in my shop with long term projects and also have space for the much faster work. My shop is kind of like a hospital in regards to I have intensive care where the car will be there for a while and I also have out patient...where the car can be in and out the same day or in only a few days.

And YES...they are Chevrolets.... some areas are similar without a doubt.....but TRUST ME there are areas on the Corvette that is Corvette specific. Not an opinion... but a fact. Or do all Chevrolets have a wiper door that raises to allow the wiper to function....or a pop out rear back glass.

DUB
Dub, I'm fully aware of your shop and what it does. OP was looking for a local shop to do basic repar and maintenance. I suggested how he could find one near by. I live 30 minutes from Greenville and don't know of a shop specializing in Corvettes. (There may be some) I don't see the need for the guy to drive 90 miles for a basic tune-up. I have great respect
for the work you do and the attention to detail. I wish your shop was ten minutes from my house. Have a good night.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:51 PM
jackson
Le Mans Master

Received 628 Likes on 556 Posts

Don't know if OP stated just what work he needs? ... but heck, if it's something generic like a tuneup or control arm bushings ... OP might find his help in the pits at Greer dragstrip, Greenville-Pickens Speedway or TR Speedway.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 PM
skinner_t
3rd Gear

Thank you to everyone who responded. I have spoken with Dub and hope he has an opening in January.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:52 AM
michaelroy
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default G'ville Shop

There is a shop in Greenville that specializes in Vettes. Mulliken(not sure of spelling). I am NOT recommending his shop!!! Just advising you the shop is here. I have heard both good and bad. I have heard he is not cheap not fast. Send me a PM and I can give you some people who had had work done at his shop.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:59 PM
firstgenaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 369 Likes on 230 Posts

Cartee... used to own Cartee's Corvette's now works for an aviation outfit I believe and does some vette work on the side. I know people who have had work done and said they would have him work again. I personally do my own work, though have considered having Cartee to do the trailing arms.

Get notified of new replies

To Repair work in Greenville, SC

Quick Reply: Repair work in Greenville, SC