Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered Vettes in areas with quarter curbs???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 02:49 PM
fireball111
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Lowered Vettes in areas with quarter curbs???

Just wondering how owners deal with or what issues you run into with your car being lowered and living in a neighborhood with 1/4 curbs. I own a 2002 Z06 and I'm considering coil overs, they lower the car an inch front and rear. I am already close on making it into my drive way with the air dam (I know that it is a wear piece but I am also think about adding a splitter from ACI or C7carbon)

Did you build ramps or is it not really in issue? Interested to hear your experiences.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2018, 05:18 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

I would love to lower my vette just a tad, but i drive to many area's that have bad to very bad road condtions. Im talking bumbs, hump, divits, pot holes of all sizes and shapes, and even man hole's that stick up about 2 inches.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:33 PM
johnson-rod
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 260 Posts

I've scrapped coming and going to my driveway for over 10 years. I'm waiting for the day that the plastic finally wears away.
That stuff must be thick. Or it grows back overnight.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:10 AM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

My approach to my driveway has a steeper angle & a 2" drop at the street, pictured is when I was just off the curb & on the street & on drop spindles & lowered bolts, and my center air duct is cut 1" below my fangs, I only had about 1/4-1/2" clearance to the asphalt at the fangs.

After coilovers I was 1/4" lower & I just lowered another 1/4", so currently 2.5 lower than stock in front & 2.75" lower than stock in the rear, last year I had to go in & out of my driveway at an angle, normal street driving no issues being that low. I am currently looking at a heavy duty rubber approach ramp I can put at the street so I can still go straight out & in & I always back my car in, which is part of the problem. I would need 2 pcs as they are quite heavy in longer lengths & have no load weight limitations. I also would not leave them out all the time, only when I go out, so would need to be easy to handle.

https://www.safepathproducts.com/pro...elchair-ramps/

Depending on what type of curb you have there is also the Brdgit Ramps

https://www.bridjit.com/

The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 06:13 AM
fireball111
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks that's the kind of info I was hoping to hear. If your 2.5" lower than stock and aren't rubbing the road with the nose of your car when exiting, than an inch shouldn't be that big of a deal.
I also have to take a pretty aggressive angle to get in and out of my driveway and for most of the summer I have to back up the driveway because of a travel trailer that is parked at the end.

I have looked into the those Bridjit ramps, I just think they are pricy for what they are. I was considering building something similar out of 2x4s and plywood. Even if I have Bridjit ramps I would have to take them back and forth to the garage so taking the DIY ramps back and forth wouldn't be any different.

Get notified of new replies

To Lowered Vettes in areas with quarter curbs???

Quick Reply: Lowered Vettes in areas with quarter curbs???