C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] 1958 wheels - correct silver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 12:54 AM
ettev
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 182 Posts

Default 1958 wheels - correct silver?

Researching 58 wheel paint color here’s what I’ve found:
NCRS Judging Manual says they “should be silver” without giving an exact color of silver. And I’ve found threads on here but some say the wheels should be “Inca Silver” (same as the side body cove) and others say the color should be “Argent Silver”. Consensus indicates an enamel product as well. I always thought Argent was for the C2/C3 rally wheels. So what is the correct 58 wheel paint color (paint codes would be appreciated too if you have them)?
Old 12-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by ettev
Researching 58 wheel paint color here’s what I’ve found:
NCRS Judging Manual says they “should be silver” without giving an exact color of silver. And I’ve found threads on here but some say the wheels should be “Inca Silver” (same as the side body cove) and others say the color should be “Argent Silver”. Consensus indicates an enamel product as well. I always thought Argent was for the C2/C3 rally wheels. So what is the correct 58 wheel paint color (paint codes would be appreciated too if you have them)?
I believe the silver used on '58's was Inca Silver. It was also a late production color used for the '57 body color. If I recall, Argent silver has a slight green tinge. Sorry I don't have the paint code for you, but that shouldn't be hard to find.

Last edited by Panama 58; 12-11-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:59 PM
ettev
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Panama 58
I believe the silver used on '58's was Inca Silver. It was also a late production color used for the '57 body color. If I recall, Argent silver has a slight green tinge. Sorry I don't have the paint code for you, but that shouldn't be hard to find.
Thank you. Seems like a consensus for Inca.

Get notified of new replies

To 1958 wheels - correct silver?

Quick Reply: [C1] 1958 wheels - correct silver?