C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sts turbo kit x pipe question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:31 AM
lukesc5
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sts turbo kit x pipe question.

I'm installing a sts rear mount kit on my c5. I'm using factory manifolds and h pipe, and deleting the cat. Converters. My question is do you guys think adding a x pipe would be beneficial to my setup? Thanks
Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 AM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

How much power are you looking to make? Stock motor besides rear mount kit? If a mild build i doubt you will see noticeable gains swapping the H to X.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:39 AM
lukesc5
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prc 2.5 heads, forged bottom end. Looking to make around 600-650.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:28 AM
StatmanRN
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I had the x pipe prior to the STS setup. It made a big difference in seat of the pants feel, but I also hollowed the cats at the same time which were partially blocked.
TBH I dont know how much difference it would make without it. I had talked to Clinton Squires before taking the plunge. His take was that long tubes were a waste, shories might offer marginally better flow and that an x pipe or balance tube wpuld help balance the pulses.
If you can get one for cheap Id say go for it. Otherwise the money would be better spent elsewhere. Like a Turbowerx oil retrn pump
Old 12-13-2018, 06:18 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

I'd keep the pipes separate and do everything to keep velocity high to those rear mounts

while an x pipe on a NA car allows the engine to scavenge better and see the whole exh to even out pulses

on your application you want a high velocity exh to spool the turbo so the x pipe might not do what you want

Get notified of new replies

To Sts turbo kit x pipe question.

Quick Reply: Sts turbo kit x pipe question.