C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 vette signal/side marker wire

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 07:56 AM
autoalain
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 71 vette signal/side marker wire

Folks, I have wire diagram for MY 71 also checked another 69 book. story, signal on left did not work, right does, but side marker also flashes, so I 'thought'someonhas messed up wire because
both books show brown wire is parking light and lt blue (r/h) and drk blue(l/h) and they are NOT (parking/signal) connected, so I started to unroll black tape and about 1 foot in found that the blue wire has a (factory looking) joint, the blue became the ground for the side marker and not the black. the black tape looked factory, very old. so my question is ín canada did vettes have to have side marker blink with front signal,
ohh another another stupid thing, changed the signal flasher and now both sides flash, should have done that in the 1st place. so question really is does anyone have their side marker flash
along with the front??? so now I have removed the 'joint on blue wire replaced it with a ground like the book shows.and now only the signal flashes like wire diagram shows, but I have to go for a safety inspection after and wonder if I will get nailed for NOT having the side marker flash. (remeber this is in Canada) Thanks Mike.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:51 AM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,244 Likes on 965 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default About my '74

Originally Posted by autoalain
so my question is ín Canada did vettes have to have side marker blink with front signal
With ONLY the turn signal ON the front bulb and the side marker alternate, when one is ON the other is OFF.
With the parking or headlights ON both the front bulb and the side marker blink together.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:59 AM
EP1978
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My front and side lights (1978) alternate regardless of whether the headlights are on or off. How do I go about getting them to illuminate at the same time with the headlights on?
Old 12-13-2018, 06:20 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by Onewiththecake
My front and side lights (1978) alternate regardless of whether the headlights are on or off. How do I go about getting them to illuminate at the same time with the headlights on?
'Peterbiult' was commenting on his 1974...so worrying about how your side marker flashes with the turn signal light or not is something you should not concern yourself with. AS long as it works should be your primary concern.......becasue I think your car is CORRECT with light alternating regardless if the headlights are on or not.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To 71 vette signal/side marker wire

Quick Reply: 71 vette signal/side marker wire