Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a great paint protection product!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 11:14 AM
CocoVette
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Found a great paint protection product!

Just wanted to give a shout out to a small company that I purchased my clear bra from a little over a year ago. I don't know if any of you guys have heard of Invisiblemask. We have their masks on all four of our cars, including the Corvette. They have a lifetime warranty with their top-of-the-line product, and I think the Corvette mask was only like $249. They use 3m products, it was super easy to install, and has held up amazingly. The amount of rock chips I and bug crap that it is kept off my car, is amazing. I've never seen the mentioned on here, so I figured I would let you guys know if you're ever looking for another great brand!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:17 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Pics please. Thx
Old 12-13-2018, 11:40 AM
CocoVette
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 90 Posts

I will post some pics in a few, I don't have any close ups on hand at the moment.

here is the link
https://www.invisiblemask.com/imask/...te=common/home
Old 12-14-2018, 03:09 PM
wolfman051
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

subscribed..
Old 12-14-2018, 05:07 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

On any of this stuff it is the prep work that you put into the cleaning the body panels before you put this on also that will take of time.. I was at a big car shop some person was putting on X-PEL at it and was doing it really cheap. I was going to let the guy do it on my vette until I looked at a car that they just got doing. All they did was per say wash the car dry it & put the xpel over that. You could see every thing under that clear coat it looked like SHI!..

So a ton of prep works needs to be done to get the paint to look like it is a foot deep.. I have XPEL on my car now and love the stuff.. Robert
Old 12-14-2018, 05:16 PM
guido7834
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by CocoVette
Just wanted to give a shout out to a small company that I purchased my clear bra from a little over a year ago. I don't know if any of you guys have heard of Invisiblemask. We have their masks on all four of our cars, including the Corvette. They have a lifetime warranty with their top-of-the-line product, and I think the Corvette mask was only like $249. They use 3m products, it was super easy to install, and has held up amazingly. The amount of rock chips I and bug crap that it is kept off my car, is amazing. I've never seen the mentioned on here, so I figured I would let you guys know if you're ever looking for another great brand!
I'm going to look into this. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2018, 05:56 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I've been using the film and watching pros install PPF (paint protection film) for over 10 years. It takes ability, not just precut film which by itself has been around for a very long time. I'll say this much, if it was easy any one could do it, and do it well. In most cases, the buying public (those who buy the film) can't do it well enough so that it comes out looking good. All you have to do by way of example is recall the number of times you've seen window tint done by a novice---with all the bubbles in it. If you have doubts, before you buy and install, go watch a pro in your area do it. Ask him how long it takes to do a partial installation on a car (1/3 hood, front part of front fenders, front bumper, mirrors, etc.)

Get notified of new replies

To Found a great paint protection product!

Quick Reply: Found a great paint protection product!