C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tuners, flashing ECU back to stock question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 09:00 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Default HP tuners, flashing ECU back to stock question

i have heard mixed stories on this. One person said you literally just get the stock file and flash it back instantly to stock via HP tuners. The other person said it takes an hour or two and that you have to pull up two charts and adjust lots of different perimeters manually one at a time. What is the correct way and easiest way to do this?

How long should it take for a shop to do? How much should one pay for this service? Thanks. 👍
Old 12-14-2018, 07:02 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

The quick answer is it only takes a couple of minutes to flash it back. Cost depends on what year your car is. $200- $400.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:19 AM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

If you have the stock tune on HPTuners it only takes a few minutes. If we tuned the car then we dont charge if you just wanted your stock tune back in.

If you dont have the stock tune and we have to flash to oem off the vin number we charge $250.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 AM
E.A.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess the first question is why are you flashing it back to stock?

Your tuner should always save a copy of your stock ECM file. (to flash back to stock someday)
Otherwise if you want to skip taking it to a tuner, or using HPTuners... any dealership can flash it back to stock. Most charge 1hr.

NOTE: My local dealership charges me $100 anytime I want one of mine flashed back to stock before resale.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:11 AM
Poppacapp
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

If you have HPTuners, and tuned, you should have already read and saved the stock tune/trans tune before loading the modified tune. Simply load the stock tune you saved back on.

Get notified of new replies

To HP tuners, flashing ECU back to stock question

Quick Reply: HP tuners, flashing ECU back to stock question