C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Do the GM parts retailers call the Comp seats "Sport"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 12:54 AM
Prop Job
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 180 Posts

Default Do the GM parts retailers call the Comp seats "Sport"?

I have a 2LZ with the standard (non comp) black heated and ventilated seats. I tried to order replacement leathers for the driver's seat so I ordered "with heated, with sport". The retailer sent me comp seat leathers. Did they send me the wrong parts or does GM call the comp seats "sport"? Want to make sure I exchange for the correct leathers.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:29 AM
wagoetzmann
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

I think you are looking for GM 23453924 Seat Back Cover (with Z06 on head rest).....if you are I have the one taken off my new 2016 Z (to replace with comp seat back kit) listed at

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-leather.html
Old 12-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

Originally Posted by darbadocious
I have a 2LZ with the standard (non comp) black heated and ventilated seats. I tried to order replacement leathers for the driver's seat so I ordered "with heated, with sport". The retailer sent me comp seat leathers. Did they send me the wrong parts or does GM call the comp seats "sport"? Want to make sure I exchange for the correct leathers.
The GM Parts List shows descriptors w Sport Seat and w/o Sport Seat. I went to Cultrag's web site and entered the VIN for my car (it came with Comp Seats) and the list still showed that parts for both seats fit my car. The only non choice I had was for the Trim Bezel which is shown in the diagram as the Comp Seat version. The descriptor for it was w Sport Seat. That implies the Comp Seat is the Sport Seat but I wouldn't bet much more than a dollar on that applying across the board.

Over the years I have found that when ordering parts you need to talk to a person who can properly decipher the GM Parts Language. Even going to you local dealership parts department may not always get you what you want as it depends on the capability of the person reading the info on the computer.

Bill
Old 12-15-2018, 11:18 PM
Prop Job
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by wagoetzmann
I think you are looking for GM 23453924 Seat Back Cover (with Z06 on head rest).....if you are I have the one taken off my new 2016 Z (to replace with comp seat back kit) listed at

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-leather.html
Check your PM's.

Alex

Get notified of new replies

To Do the GM parts retailers call the Comp seats "Sport"?

Quick Reply: Do the GM parts retailers call the Comp seats "Sport"?