Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Anyone remember CF’s reign of terror - where it took littlle to get banned/locked

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 01:20 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Default Anyone remember CF’s reign of terror - where it took littlle to get banned/locked

Curious if anyone else remembers this.

somewhere around 2007-10 the forum really clamped down on anything that ‘sniffed’ of street racing, or anything that could be construed a violation of the forum’s rules.

Now street racing is bad, but you didnt even have to say you did it to get your thread locked.

an example is i mentioned racing a motorcycle and i think it got locked because it was mentioned that there was no ‘known’ race tracks that allow both cars and bikes racing together at the same time - so i must have surely been talking about street racing !!

But yeah, the forum is way more laid back now (maybe a little too laid back - ive seen featured articles on the front page with videos of guys getting on it on public streets . I mean its cool (because no one got hurt), but in the ‘reign of terror days’ , someone posting videos like that would be promptly banned
Old 12-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

about a year and a half ago i received an infraction of the forum and 5 points. what the hell is 5 points?
Old 12-14-2018, 06:09 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
about a year and a half ago i received an infraction of the forum and 5 points. what the hell is 5 points?
Half of 10 points?

I wasnt around for it, but i definitely remember a time around then when being into cars meant you were just the worst person ever. You were damn near a comic book villain for not driving an electric, and were the cause ofall issues in the world. You probably weren't even a faithful supporter of Obama!

It goes through phases, prior to that EVERYONE was into cars. Everyone I knew had audio systems, or at least wanted one. Most people had modified cars, and people were all about the newest sporty cars. At that point, street racing was pretty common, but since cars were so much slower it wasnt an issue. Now that you can get 400hp for 15k its a bit more of an issue I guess.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:17 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,288 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Curious if anyone else remembers this.

somewhere around 2007-10 the forum really clamped down on anything that ‘sniffed’ of street racing, or anything that could be construed a violation of the forum’s rules.

Now street racing is bad, but you didnt even have to say you did it to get your thread locked.

an example is i mentioned racing a motorcycle and i think it got locked because it was mentioned that there was no ‘known’ race tracks that allow both cars and bikes racing together at the same time - so i must have surely been talking about street racing !!

But yeah, the forum is way more laid back now (maybe a little too laid back - ive seen featured articles on the front page with videos of guys getting on it on public streets . I mean its cool (because no one got hurt), but in the ‘reign of terror days’ , someone posting videos like that would be promptly banned
It was 2007 and prior. Troy was trying to sell the forum. Street Racing, Corvette babes, and a few other subjects were taboo. What was cared about then, doesn’t even raise an eyebrow now.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:17 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Years ago I quoted someone else's post about a street race and got a warning.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Benny42
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 83 Posts

IBTL
Old 12-14-2018, 07:42 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Oh, the good old days.

Miss the cat and dog, and a certain users most excellent photoshopping skills.
The following users liked this post:
JrRifleCoach (12-15-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 08:12 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Half of 10 points?

I wasnt around for it, but i definitely remember a time around then when being into cars meant you were just the worst person ever. You were damn near a comic book villain for not driving an electric, and were the cause ofall issues in the world. You probably weren't even a faithful supporter of Obama!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone remember CF’s reign of terror - where it took littlle to get banned/locked

Quick Reply: Anyone remember CF’s reign of terror - where it took littlle to get banned/locked