C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Climate Control Panel bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 05:03 PM
K.C.E.
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Climate Control Panel bulbs

1994 Coupe:
I need to replace the bulbs in my Climate Control Unit (also called Heater A/C Control Assembly) and cannot find them anywhere. I have looked everywhere in the FSM and cannot find them listed.
The bulb appears to be integrated into a plastic retainer that mounts onto the circuit control board. I do not think the bulb can be separated from the plastic retainer. Hopefully I am incorrect on that; I have tried to pull it out, but it is not coming out without breaking.

Has anyone ever replaced these bulbs?
Does anyone know if the bulb can be separated from the plastic retainer? If they can be separated, it is probably not to difficult to find a replacement.
If they cannot be separated, does anyone know where to buy these units?

thx

kc

Last edited by K.C.E.; 12-15-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:17 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by K.C.E.
1994 Coupe:
I need to replace the bulbs in my Climate Control Unit (also called Heater A/C Control Assembly) and cannot find them anywhere. I have looked everywhere in the FSM and cannot find them listed.
The bulb appears to be integrated into a plastic retainer that mounts onto the circuit control board. I do not think the bulb can be separated from the plastic retainer. Hopefully I am incorrect on that; I have tried to pull it out, but it is not coming out without breaking.

Has anyone ever replaced these bulbs?
Does anyone know if the bulb can be separated from the plastic retainer? If they can be separated, it is probably not to difficult to find a replacement.
If they cannot be separated, does anyone know where to buy these units?

thx

kc
Bryan @ Battee I'm quite sure does them in a package. I've used similar bulbs for Delco radios. I've never researched the correct bulb for the C68. Bryan also has a video I'm sure showing the bulb replacement in the C68 panel.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:10 AM
K.C.E.
Instructor

thx!

Hey, good to hear from you! Hope all is well with you in Charles Town....The exhaust system you sold me is still running great.

I saw Bryan on the internet earlier.....I will give him a call.

K.C.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:09 AM
K.C.E.
Instructor

I found the bulbs at Battee. This was quite the challenge and I somewhat gave up and put it all back together with a bad buld.
After days of searching on the internet, I went to Battee.com (recommended by WVZR-1) and he had the bulbs as well as a 'Repair Kit' for the Climate Control Unit.

I went ahead and ordered the complete 'Repair Kit' for $40.00 which includes all the replacement bulbs and a number of other electrical components for the unit. His website also has a video showing how to do the complete rebuild.

For now, I think I will just replace the one bulb and hold off on doing a complete rebuild. I hesitate to start soldering on circuit boards until necessary.

This was a pleasant surprise and hopefully this helps anyone else looking for electronics for their Climate Control Unit.

Note:
The replacement bulbs for my unit are not 'identical' to the original bulbs. The replacement bulbs have two thin wires coming out of the bottom that route through the plastic retainer and wrap around the base.
The original bulbs in my unit have thin metal 'tabs' the go through the plastic retainer and 'fold' over to secure to the retainer.

kc
Old 02-12-2019, 08:09 AM
K.C.E.
Instructor

Follow up.

I went to Batee.com and had a great experience. The short story is that I ended up shipping the unit out to him and he completely rebuilt the unit for a very reasonable price. One of the better repair experiences that I have had in a long time.

Thank-you for recommending him. I plan on posting my experience on the Forum for those who have electronic issues with their HVAC systems.

kc

Get notified of new replies

To Climate Control Panel bulbs

Quick Reply: Climate Control Panel bulbs