Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Inside billy boat fusion mufflers. ( gen 1 )

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 07:22 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Inside billy boat fusion mufflers. ( gen 1 )

Has anyone been inside a set of these mufflers? I've been wondering if you can make the open side louder just like on the NPP exhaust.
Shy of ruining a set of mufflers figured I would ask first.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:45 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

Kinda surprised with all the talent here that someone hasn't simply built their own dual mode mufflers the way they want them. Plenty have cut them open and modified them. Stainless is not that difficult to tig weld. Just have to come up with your own design and do it.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:18 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

ya i dont weld LOL, and would like a feedback from someone that has already.

based on what happened during the process, and whether they recommend doing it at all would be how much i would feel comfortable getting in there. PLUS maybe they have an idle clip from before and after.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:24 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Aren't the Gen 1 BB fusions straight thru on the open side like gen III. Gen IIi is full 3" all the way thru, but even if gen 1 is smaller I would think the open side would be similar to the NPPs.

Last edited by AzDave47; 12-17-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:24 PM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 134 Posts

I have see the inside of the Billy Boat Fusions. Lets just say, they are not worth the asking price. The inside of the mufflers are horrible and look like Stevie Wonder welded them. On the outside, they look amazing. I would choose the stock muflers any day over the BB Fusions. They are not straight through. As soon as the exhaust enters the muffler it hits a wall that it has to go around. When I get home, Ill look for the pics.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:44 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by v8sten
I have see the inside of the Billy Boat Fusions. Lets just say, they are not worth the asking price. The inside of the mufflers are horrible and look like Stevie Wonder welded them. On the outside, they look amazing. I would choose the stock muflers any day over the BB Fusions. They are not straight through. As soon as the exhaust enters the muffler it hits a wall that it has to go around. When I get home, Ill look for the pics.

that would be awesome id appreciate it

i know they are about 8 yrs old so the maybe need re packed because even when they are "closed" side is still loud compared to my friends NEW gen 3s

what i intended on doing was making the open side REALLY open and un restricted (depending on how it looked) then putting some new packing in there

Get notified of new replies

To Inside billy boat fusion mufflers. ( gen 1 )

Quick Reply: [Z06] Inside billy boat fusion mufflers. ( gen 1 )