Sponsored by:

Mirror problems help

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 01:20 PM
teddycarnut
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Mirror problems help

I have my mirrors ans seats set on memory. But each time I get into the car both the mirror moves downward and I need to readjust. It just started doing this. Its a pain in the *** .Any suggestions why' All other adj. to memory and both fobs work fine.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:04 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by teddycarnut
I have my mirrors ans seats set on memory. But each time I get into the car both the mirror moves downward and I need to readjust. It just started doing this. Its a pain in the *** .Any suggestions why' All other adj. to memory and both fobs work fine.
Are you talking about the mirrors tilting when you back up? If so they should return to the normal position you have them set to once you're through backing up. Or you can turn the feature off.

Page 43 & 44 from the 2018 Owner's Manual (see Reverse Tilt Mirror section):

Last edited by Oneslackr; 12-18-2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:16 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

This should fix the problem permanently.

Seat Memory Settings
Some owners have had trouble getting their driver settings to save. Thanks to another owner, we’ve learned that this is the best process:
• Start your Corvette and select “Settings” on the Infotainment screen.
• Scroll down to select “Vehicle;” then select “Comfort & Convenience.”
• Select “Auto Memory Recall” and turn it Off.
• Back up one menu to select “Easy Exit Options” and turn this Off as well.
• Adjust your seat, steering wheel and mirrors to your preferred driving settings.
• At the same time, press the “Set” button and the “1” or “2” button. A beep will
sound to confirm your settings.
• Move the steering wheel up and the seat back as far as it will go; then move the
seat forward about a half-inch. At the same time, press the “Set” button and the
“Exit” button. That same beep will indicate that your setting was saved.
• Go back to the Infotainment screen and turn “Auto Memory Recall” and Easy Exit
Options” back on. The next time you get into your Corvette, the settings should work.
The following 3 users liked this post by MMD:
chuckrbt (12-19-2018), Mayor111 (12-18-2018), orca1946 (12-19-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MMD
Some owners have had trouble getting their driver settings to save. Thanks to another owner, we’ve learned that this is the best process:
Good to know for future reference in case this becomes an issue. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:45 PM
teddycarnut
Racer

Default mirrors

no. Not talking about back up. They stay down anddon"t reset by themselves.I have to manual reset each time I use the car. Memory is not holding.Thanks
Old 12-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

no. Not talking about back up. They stay down anddon"t reset by themselves.I have to manual reset each time I use the car. Memory is not holding.Thanks
Then in that case I'm at a loss since I haven't experienced any problems with my memory seats/easy exit or mirrors.

Hopefully, the procedure MMD posted above will work for you. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:54 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts

My ‘15 Z51 started doing what you described out of the blue. You’re not out of your mind. This is definitely a real problem. ...and all the “quick-fixes” won’t restore the erratic mirror operation when recalling memory on start or exit when either option is set. I have found when I only use the door switches for memory recall, the mirrors stay put. My dealer can’t figure it out either. Only my driver’s side mirror drives to a random position. I have replaced the mirror control module in the door and the mirror actuator in the mirror. The dealer has reprogramed the memory seat module under the driver’s seat to no avail. Next I plan to replace that memory seat module - which will require programming. Here’s a link to my older post:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...all-issue.html

Last edited by stevettec7; 12-19-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:59 AM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

I just set mine and do not use the auto setting mode.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:24 AM
teddycarnut
Racer

I also live i Fleming Island. Eagle harbor). I started this thread in Dec 18 and I can< find the problem either. Maybe it is a Fleming Island virus.Let me know if problem resolved teddykraut@yahoo.com
Old 12-20-2018, 08:57 AM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts

I also live i Fleming Island. Eagle harbor). I started this thread in Dec 18 and I can< find the problem either. Maybe it is a Fleming Island virus.Let me know if problem resolved teddykraut@yahoo.com
Funny! I sent you a PM

Get notified of new replies

To Mirror problems help

Quick Reply: Mirror problems help