Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: C7 Tail Light Blackout Lens Special Deal from RPI Designs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 12:33 PM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Default C7 Tail Light Blackout Lens Special Deal from RPI Designs!!!

We are offering a special deal on our C7 Tail Light Blackout Lens! Only $209.99 shipped! That is an instant savings of $40.00!!!

Use Coupon Code BLACK40 at checkout for this special price!!!

Website Link: https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx/c7-corvette-molded-acrylic-tail-light-blackout-lens-package/

C7 Corvette Molded Acrylic Tail light Blackouts Lens Package

If you’re looking for an easy way to add a bold look to your C7 rear end, then a set of our Corvette tail lights offer you a look that everyone will love. Made from acrylic (methyl methacrylate), these C7 tail lights have a 5 percent tint to them, still giving you a blackout look while also keeping your tail lights completely visible to other drivers. Generic brands or off the shelf C7 Corvette blackout covers may offer you a very nice blacked out look for your rear end, but they may also make your tail lights very hard to see leading to potential rear end accidents.

All of our C7 tail lights use 3M adhesive tape to make for an absolute easy install that will stay in place until you are ready to take them off. The 3M adhesive can handle high speeds and whether elements without losing its strength. And although they stay put like they were built into the Corvette tail lights from the factory, these C7 Corvette tail light blackout covers can be uninstalled in just minutes. When you purchase a set of our blackout covers for your Corvette tail lights, the 3M adhesive is included plus an alcohol whip that you use to clean the surface of your C7 tail lights before you install the covers. The alcohol whip will remove all dust and road grime that could cause an unsecured bond when the adhesive stripes and tail light covers are installed.

Turn Heads With C7 Corvette Molded Acrylic Tail Light Black Outs

When you think about driving your Corvette, more than half of the people that are on the road are going to be seeing your Corvette from behind, why not give them something cool to look at? These C7 Corvette tail light blackout covers give your Corvette’s rear end a real sleek look. They also help match up with your other exterior trim parts including your stock rear diffuser. The original Corvette tail lights are a cool shape but sometimes the red of them can look awkward on certain stock Corvette exterior colors. This is just one super inexpensive way to smooth out that awkwardness and add a car show look to your already beautiful American sports car.

Don’t be roped into buying a set of generic covers for your C7 Corvette tail lights. Our C7 Corvette tail light blackout covers are the perfect fitment to your tail light bezels. No drilling, tools or customizing needed. This five-minute upgrade from RPI Designs is an easy way to add attitude to your Corvette C7 round tail light kit or your stock C7 tail lights.

Fitment: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 C7 Corvette, Z06 and Grand Sport

Remember, Use Coupon Code BLACK40 at checkout and get $40.00 off of these blackouts!!! Limited Time Only!!!

Website Link: https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...-lens-package/
Old 01-09-2019, 12:54 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

just ordered...so painless! great website....
The following users liked this post:
RPIDON (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 11:47 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

Ordered. Great price
Old 01-09-2019, 11:53 PM
velocityopen6
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RPIDON
We are offering a special deal on our C7 Tail Light Blackout Lens! Only $209.99 shipped! That is an instant savings of $40.00!!!

Use Coupon Code BLACK40 at checkout for this special price!!!

Website Link: https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx/c7-corvette-molded-acrylic-tail-light-blackout-lens-package/

C7 Corvette Molded Acrylic Tail light Blackouts Lens Package

If you’re looking for an easy way to add a bold look to your C7 rear end, then a set of our Corvette tail lights offer you a look that everyone will love. Made from acrylic (methyl methacrylate), these C7 tail lights have a 5 percent tint to them, still giving you a blackout look while also keeping your tail lights completely visible to other drivers. Generic brands or off the shelf C7 Corvette blackout covers may offer you a very nice blacked out look for your rear end, but they may also make your tail lights very hard to see leading to potential rear end accidents.

All of our C7 tail lights use 3M adhesive tape to make for an absolute easy install that will stay in place until you are ready to take them off. The 3M adhesive can handle high speeds and whether elements without losing its strength. And although they stay put like they were built into the Corvette tail lights from the factory, these C7 Corvette tail light blackout covers can be uninstalled in just minutes. When you purchase a set of our blackout covers for your Corvette tail lights, the 3M adhesive is included plus an alcohol whip that you use to clean the surface of your C7 tail lights before you install the covers. The alcohol whip will remove all dust and road grime that could cause an unsecured bond when the adhesive stripes and tail light covers are installed.

Turn Heads With C7 Corvette Molded Acrylic Tail Light Black Outs

When you think about driving your Corvette, more than half of the people that are on the road are going to be seeing your Corvette from behind, why not give them something cool to look at? These C7 Corvette tail light blackout covers give your Corvette’s rear end a real sleek look. They also help match up with your other exterior trim parts including your stock rear diffuser. The original Corvette tail lights are a cool shape but sometimes the red of them can look awkward on certain stock Corvette exterior colors. This is just one super inexpensive way to smooth out that awkwardness and add a car show look to your already beautiful American sports car.

Don’t be roped into buying a set of generic covers for your C7 Corvette tail lights. Our C7 Corvette tail light blackout covers are the perfect fitment to your tail light bezels. No drilling, tools or customizing needed. This five-minute upgrade from RPI Designs is an easy way to add attitude to your Corvette C7 round tail light kit or your stock C7 tail lights.

Fitment: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 C7 Corvette, Z06 and Grand Sport

Remember, Use Coupon Code BLACK40 at checkout and get $40.00 off of these blackouts!!! Limited Time Only!!!

Website Link: https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...-lens-package/
does it come with different tint %?
Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 AM
RPIDON

Hi,

No different tint %, they are all the same.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----

maybe you would know, is it possible to remove the taillight trim pieces AFTER the blackouts are attached?
Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 AM
RPIDON

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
maybe you would know, is it possible to remove the taillight trim pieces AFTER the blackouts are attached?
Hi,

Yes, you will still be able to remove the taillight trim after the blackouts are installed.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-12-2019, 08:22 AM
Tmogo116
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you sell me a single passenger side as I broke the one furtherest on the passenger side
Old 01-12-2019, 07:13 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmogo116
Would you sell me a single passenger side as I broke the one furtherest on the passenger side
This might be one of the differences between the GS creations and this product ....I had the GS on my 16; z51...at some point one showed an internal crack and they would sell you one “Pair” I believe..... at the end of the day having had both (Cracks aside) I thnk the GS piece fits better and is a bit thicker. Fits better in the sense that when I clean these every night I hear more chaffing ,,,where as the GS were definately thicker and seemed to float in place with less rubbing ... I am happy with the RPI version ... but in fairness they have only been on 2 months

Last edited by bbrown450; 01-12-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:22 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by RPIDON
Hi,

Yes, you will still be able to remove the taillight trim after the blackouts are installed.

Thanks,
Chris
got them today. Too cold to install...they look good. A couple tiny defects from the mold process, but not a complaint. It's molded acrylic, doesn't behave well like olefin plastics.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:04 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

I received mine and put them on. Not happy with them at all. The far left lens is clearly not tinted as much as the other three.
Name:  20190113_142927.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  4.47 MB

Last edited by TNSQUIRE; 01-13-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:08 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE
I received mine and put them on. Not happy with them at all. The far left lens is clearly not tinted as much as the other three.
Attachment 48300139
oh man, where the **** is the quality control! Geez, they can't even look at them while packaging? Gonna go check mine now.....
Old 01-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Attachment 48300139
Are you sure you even put one there?
Old 01-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tmogo116
Based on what happened in post #11, he might be having a set coming back and he can sell off the 3 good ones separately.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:28 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Are you sure you even put one there?
I'm kicking myself for not inspecting them before installing them. Not sure if I should keep them on until I see if they will replace that one or take them off.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm kicking myself for not inspecting them before installing them. Not sure if I should keep them on until I see if they will replace that one or take them off.
Your'e kidding right? That would not leave my garage looking like that. Take them off and send them back, unless he will just send you a single piece. That wouldn't make much sense though, as how would he know if the new piece was going to match the ones you have? Besides, he has guys that he can sell the individual piece to.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Your'e kidding right? That would not leave my garage looking like that. Take them off and send them back, unless he will just send you a single piece. That wouldn't make much sense though, as how would he know if the new piece was going to match the ones you have? Besides, he has guys that he can sell the individual piece to.
We have three days of rain coming in so hopefully I'll get a replacement soon.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Tail Light Blackout Lens Special Deal from RPI Designs!!!

Old 01-13-2019, 07:08 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

just checked mine, yup, same condition...one small one is way lighter than the other.....luckily, too cold in Michigan to install. I thought the color is molded in in the injection molding process. looks like these are hand tinted after production...is that correct? Send me a 'dark' one and I will leave positive feedback.....
Old 01-13-2019, 08:41 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

TNSQUIRE , sent you a pm...
Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Vette_z07
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was going to order. After reading the issues here I'll pass. Hope things work out for you guys that got hosed.
The following users liked this post:
MrGary2011 (01-14-2019)

Quick Reply: FS: C7 Tail Light Blackout Lens Special Deal from RPI Designs!!!