Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlisle Winter AutoFest (Feb 22-24)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:03 AM
C5rider
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Carlisle Winter AutoFest (Feb 22-24)

It’s that time of year again! The folks at Carlisle Events are gearing up for their annual Lakeland Winter AutoFest and they are again reaching out to the Corvette Forum community and inviting us to join them on the Sun n’ Fun grounds at the Lakeland Linder Airport on February 22-24th, 2019.

The Corvette Forum had a great turnout last year and Carlisle Events wanted to extend the invitation for this year’s event, which is looking to be bigger and better. As you may have heard, AutoFest is now joined with the NCRS Winter Regional meet and the two powerhouses are coming together to give enthusiasts of all generations of Corvettes opportunity to come together as a group.

We had a special tent for the CorvetteForum.com group with the rest of the showfield last year. This year, we’re clearing off more space for Corvette-only festivities. There are going to be Corvette-specific vendors and displays, a designated Corvette show area and celebrity judging and admission to the event will give you access to both AutoFest AND the NCRS exhibits. There will be special seminars by vintage Corvette restorer, Kevin Mackay and late-model Corvette technician Paul Koerner.

Last year, Corvettes were welcomed within the Cruise-in segment of the show, and this year Carlisle Events is offering a special Corvette-only area located by the NCRS exhibits, Corvette swap meet, Manufacturer’s Midway area and the Carlisle Events auction. Corvettes can gain access to this special parking for just $25 for the weekend or by purchasing a VIP pass ($75). Both options put you right in the center of the Corvette action and the VIP pass gives you two bidder’s passes for the Carlisle Auction as well as admission to the special bidder’s breakfast and dinner on Saturday.

If we can get 20 paid Corvette registrations ($25 or $75) from the CorvetteForum.com group, Carlisle has offered another 20x20 tent for the group to use. This would be placed in the Corvette-specific area, right in the middle of all the action. Carlisle Events has stated that they would need to know by the first week of February, so they can pre-order the tent. As an added bonus, one lucky CF.com member will have their $25 pass upgraded to VIP status ($75) for the weekend! The winner will be randomly chosen the week before the event and notified on the Corvette Forum. Their VIP pass will be waiting for them at the Tom Davis Building when they arrive. To help expedite arrivals to the event, Carlisle Events has asked for folks to pre-register. This way they can have your passes printed out and if we get 20+ registrations, that 20x20 tent, waiting for you when you arrive. Click the appropriate links below to register. NOTE: Be SURE to select Corvette Forum in the group drop-down menu so we can get the required 20 Corvettes for the complimentary CF.com tent!

For the $25 Corvette-only show area: https://store.carlisleevents.com/Pro...ode=2019%2D229

For the $75 VIP (Breakfast and Bidder’s Passes): https://store.carlisleevents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2019%2D22 3

For more details about the event: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/winter-florida-autofest/default.aspx

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
The following users liked this post:
Jstan2014 (02-21-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 11:49 AM
C5rider
Racer

Several folks have signed up for the Winter AutoFest. Thank you!

We're still shy of the 20 needed for a designated CF.com tent, but Jodi assured me that she could get an order in for a tent if we muster the number of needed registrations. Things are looking good for this event, and they said that the midway area is sold out and they're looking for additional spaces!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Andy B.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 AM
C5rider
Racer

One week to go!

If anyone is on the fence about attending, this is looking like a great event in the making.

You can go to the Carlisle website to register.

For the $25 Corvette-only show area: https://store.carlisleevents.com/Pro...ode=2019%2D229

For the $75 VIP (Breakfast and Bidder’s Passes): https://store.carlisleevents.com/Pro...Code=2019%2D22 3

For more details about the event: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/winter-florida-autofest/default.aspx

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

It’s one of the better shows in Central Florida. Easy access in and out not too far off I4.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:53 PM
C5rider
Racer

Just spoke with the folks from Carlisle. They are transitioning from Carlisle to Florida today. Jodi suggested that anyone wishing to register to be with the Corvettes can simply register at the Tom Davis building when they arrive. They explained that the $75 VIP pass IS sold out, but the $25 pass to be with the Corvettes is still available. The reason to close the VIP registration was due to needing a head count for the catering service. There are still spaces in the Corvette area under the $25 registration, and again, that can easily be accommodated when you arrive at the event in the Tom Davis building.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event! Looks like the weather is going to be great!

Andy B.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 AM
C376FL
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I will be there tomorrow, hope to see you. I had a set back on my car. I knew my front caliper was getting air every few months. I put it on the back burner about replacing them. When I got the balancer changed I pulled the car out of the garage to bleed the air off the front right. Open the master cylinder and was dumb founded it was empty both bowls. I knew I was not going to get it ready for the show. Unable to spend the money wright now to get new ones at this time. Oh well!
See you all Friday.
Larry
Old 02-21-2019, 09:18 PM
C5rider
Racer

This guy spent a LONG time sorting stuff for display!

Looking forward to tomorrow. The show field is all set up. We were able to provide an EZ-up tent for the forum members who attend and we've got a space blocked out in white paint at the front of the Corvette show field for forum members. When you arrive, just look for the orange EZ-up tent with the Corvette Forum banner on it! As you pull up to the Corvette show field, it will be slightly to your right. I'll be trying to direct cars as they enter the Corvette show field area. Just let me know that you're from the forum and I can point out the tent. I'll be on the Corvette show field most of the weekend, so if you see me walking by with a dazed look on my face, feel free to say "Hi!"

We also picked a CF.com member to win the upgrade to VIP status with their registration. That will get them a complimentary breakfast on Saturday morning, and admission to the VIP banquet on Saturday night. We'd like to congratulate Casey Leto as the winner of the VIP upgrade for the CorvetteForum.com members. Casey, when you arrive to the Tom Davis building, please let them know who you are and that you've been upgraded to VIP status!

The swap meet areas and the vendor spaces have been filling up all day today and it looks like a GREAT show is in the making! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Andy
Old 02-21-2019, 09:35 PM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

Subscribing for some show pictures. Here’s hoping all have a great time!
Old 02-22-2019, 06:31 AM
PHIL 68
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm heading up this morning for the day just to look around and enjoy the day. No car still building it Phil
Old 02-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Sixn
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Corvette Power Hour

The Corvette Power Hour auction is scheduled for 12:30 Saturday. There are lots of Vettes of each generation up for auction. Watched a nice 2001 Jag convetable with 62k miles go for $5,100.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:54 AM
C5rider
Racer

Default Thank you !!!!!

A big thank you to everyone who came out in support of this year's Winter AutoFest! We feel it was a great success and the Corvette show field was filled to capacity. Everyone we spoke to had a great day and we're making plans already for next year to be bigger and better. The vendor spots were all sold out and the Corvette show field filled in pretty quickly.

Here's a pic of the Corvette show area, so you can get an idea. We're already looking at expanding it for next year! We'll still be there today, finishing up and then it's looking forward to next year. Plan on being there!

Sincerely,

Andy

The following 2 users liked this post by C5rider:
C376FL (02-24-2019), Jstan2014 (02-24-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Winter AutoFest (Feb 22-24)

Quick Reply: Carlisle Winter AutoFest (Feb 22-24)