C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitto NT05R 305/35-19

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 10:19 AM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nitto NT05R 305/35-19

I have been searching this forum and elsewhere to try and find out which drag radial would be best for a base C6 with stock wheels. I just bought the car in the fall and with the regular tires (Firestone non run flats I believe - the car is in storage now for the winter) the traction SUCKS!!

I was excited about the MT S/S because the come in the proper size, BUT it didn't take long to find out that guys weren't happy with them on the street at all. My car won't typically be driven in the rain....just a nice day cruiser but I would like to be able to take advantage of SOME of the power the car has. Most people seem to like the Nittos, but I have heard mixed stories about fitment and issues with the TC and such being the tire is a bit taller.

Can anyone with experience who has or had the 305/35/19 on a base C6 comment?

It would be much appreciated if you could help.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I had those exact tires in the rear with the matching max performance up front. I found myself running around 24 psi on the rears to avoid the DIC waring.
At that psi the grip was ok but a lot better around 15 psi due to the stiff sidewall.
I ended up going to a 17” and 18” wheel combo with Mickey Thompson ET steets which have awesome grip.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:38 PM
Bob Kneedler
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Monterey
I have been searching this forum and elsewhere to try and find out which drag radial would be best for a base C6 with stock wheels. I just bought the car in the fall and with the regular tires (Firestone non run flats I believe - the car is in storage now for the winter) the traction SUCKS!!

I was excited about the MT S/S because the come in the proper size, BUT it didn't take long to find out that guys weren't happy with them on the street at all. My car won't typically be driven in the rain....just a nice day cruiser but I would like to be able to take advantage of SOME of the power the car has. Most people seem to like the Nittos, but I have heard mixed stories about fitment and issues with the TC and such being the tire is a bit taller.

Can anyone with experience who has or had the 305/35/19 on a base C6 comment?

It would be much appreciated if you could help.

Thanks.
After looking this is what i came up with. I'm looking to do the same thing. Try this link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...a-base-c6.html
Old 01-17-2019, 11:45 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

I went with a Race Star drag package
Old 01-18-2019, 12:58 AM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

Originally Posted by Silver c6 z-51

I went with a Race Star drag package
Thanks!

Good looking car.

Off topic....ACS splitter? What brand side skirts?

How are the rear tires in rain...I imagine not good?
Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

ACS splitter up front, xtreme diffuser, CF kits side skirts, c7 rear spoiler, Apsis splash guards and zr1 hood minus the window. Summer car only and never got caught in the rain.
Just over 600 hp at the tire on spray with the et streets holding all the way.

Last edited by Silver c6 z-51; 01-18-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:24 AM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

A bit of everything in terms of body parts. I was really wanting the ACS splitter, but ended up going with the new revised version of the C7Carbon splitter in Carbon Flash to go with their Extended rear spoiler. I opted to not go with the Zero6 ACS splitter for two reasons; as you know MANY fastening points and MANY holes to drill. My thought was aside from not liking all the holes, but if I damaged it and needed replace it...it would be a bitch. (Plus the C7Carbon was less money - I know there is less too it too though) I HOPE I am not sorry!

Your car looks AWESOME!!!
Old 01-18-2019, 10:51 AM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Thank you, I buy the body panels biased on my preference then apply the matte black textured finish which holds up excellent to stone chips and road rash.
With the splitter I always back into parking spots with my double din kenwood stereo with back up camera incorporated.

Last edited by Silver c6 z-51; 01-18-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitto NT05R 305/35-19

Quick Reply: Nitto NT05R 305/35-19