Notices
C1 & C2 Parts C1 & C2 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket

WTB: Rusty Crusty 63 Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 10:44 AM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Location: Lincoln NE Riding and Driving Corvettes since 1967.
Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Rusty Crusty 63 Parts

Looking to buy a few more items for my 63. Its no show queen, so I prefer to find used parts that have "patina" aka: crust and rust. Will consider anything you have, maybe I will have to add some rust to your NOS parts so they will match. Im hoping to find parts that you took off of your car during restoration that were not nice enough to leave on your show car, but you are a hoarder so you saved them in a box under your work bench. Here's a chance to show your wife what a genius you were to save those crusty old parts and turn them into a nice night out on the town at McDonalds. Plus you will be helping to keep another old worn out corvette on the road that should have been cut up and sent to the scrapyard! When you park next to me at a Corvette show, my junker will make yours look all that much nicer. Win-Win

Here are the things I currently want to buy:

Engine compartment:
Chrome fuel lines for 340hp - Pump to Filter and Filter to carb
Chrome vacuum advance carb line from front of carb to distributor and metal clip that holds to intake manifold
Crankcase vent tube that goes from the rear of the engine to the back of the carb/pcv valve
Clean air tube from bottom of exhaust manifold to the top rear of carb - Got the connecting hoses too? great!
Set of Battery Spring ring cables. Both pos and neg
Battery hold down & J bolts - The full rectangle one w/ heat shield, not just a top H bracket
Ignition Shielding - need everything but will buy pieces to build a set. Dents and damage are fine
Throttle return spring bracket that bolts to intake manifold
Throttle return spring

Interior:
Pinch Welt Caps for convertible - I can get new screws if yours are broken
Pair of black interior door *****
Black shift **** for a Hurst shifter - 3/8 x 24 fine thread pattern
Hardtop alignment pin and phillips screw for passenger front header
Softtop alignment pin and phillips screw for drivers side
Hardtop rear lock pins and hardware - both sides
Hardtop wrench
Decklid filler bolts for hardtop & hardware
Door jam alignment wedges that screw to doors x 2
1 Blue seat belt - The female half that has the latch/buckle. I do not need the male end

It may be easier to send response and photos directly to my email:

BradHillhouse@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking and helping me out!

bigredbrad

Old 01-18-2019, 03:46 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PPCPete
I've got a pair of rocker panels that were slightly modified to facilitate hooker side pipes. from a 63.
Also door jam mouldings (by the carpet) for a coupe.
that fit your description.....

Interested?

email ppcpete@wi.rr.com

Tanks for your time Pete, but both of those items are good in my car.

thank you!

bigredbrad
Old 01-18-2019, 05:25 PM
DucatiDon
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

I have most of the ignition shielding bracketry. ie spark plug shields, a pair of V shields, One of the upper bracket/wire holders (not the coil side).
Maybe some other parts. Ill have to look. Id take $100 for all of it plus shipping.
Ive got a crankcase vent tube, but it looks new. $25
Old 01-19-2019, 12:56 AM
grantstigers
Melting Slicks

Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbrad
Looking to buy a few more items for my 63. Its no show queen, so I prefer to find used parts that have "patina" aka: crust and rust. Will consider anything you have, maybe I will have to add some rust to your NOS parts so they will match. Im hoping to find parts that you took off of your car during restoration that were not nice enough to leave on your show car, but you are a hoarder so you saved them in a box under your work bench. Here's a chance to show your wife what a genius you were to save those crusty old parts and turn them into a nice night out on the town at McDonalds. Plus you will be helping to keep another old worn out corvette on the road that should have been cut up and sent to the scrapyard! When you park next to me at a Corvette show, my junker will make yours look all that much nicer. Win-Win

Here are the things I currently want to buy:

Engine compartment:
Chrome fuel lines for 340hp - Pump to Filter and Filter to carb
Chrome vacuum advance carb line from front of carb to distributor and metal clip that holds to intake manifold
Crankcase vent tube that goes from the rear of the engine to the back of the carb/pcv valve
Clean air tube from bottom of exhaust manifold to the top rear of carb - Got the connecting hoses too? great!
Set of Battery Spring ring cables. Both pos and neg
Battery hold down & J bolts - The full rectangle one w/ heat shield, not just a top H bracket
Ignition Shielding - need everything but will buy pieces to build a set. Dents and damage are fine
Throttle return spring bracket that bolts to intake manifold
Throttle return spring

Interior:
Pinch Welt Caps for convertible - I can get new screws if yours are broken
Pair of black interior door *****
Black shift **** for a Hurst shifter - 3/8 x 24 fine thread pattern
Hardtop alignment pin and phillips screw for passenger front header
Softtop alignment pin and phillips screw for drivers side
Hardtop rear lock pins and hardware - both sides
Hardtop wrench
Decklid filler bolts for hardtop & hardware
Door jam alignment wedges that screw to doors x 2
1 Blue seat belt - The female half that has the latch/buckle. I do not need the male end

It may be easier to send response and photos directly to my email:

BradHillhouse@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking and helping me out!

bigredbrad
I have all these door shims
I had to buy all these parts (vendor wouldn't separate) to get stuff for my 69. 75.00 shipped for everything . I also have 3 thin metal shims not pictured which is included.
you can email me grantwong@telus.net

Lower bottom left is slight used. The other pieces above are new on the top of pic.
The 3 original

metal shims are from one side that I can see. It has the original screws
I will piece them all out to get my 75.00 back if you just want a couple pieces works to 5.00 per each piece plus shipping. I just want to get what I have into it.

Available to other forum members
Old 01-19-2019, 08:30 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DucatiDon
I have most of the ignition shielding bracketry. ie spark plug shields, a pair of V shields, One of the upper bracket/wire holders (not the coil side).
Maybe some other parts. Ill have to look. Id take $100 for all of it plus shipping.
Ive got a crankcase vent tube, but it looks new. $25
DucatiDon - I do have the two upper wire holders and the "V"s for the engine block. Do you have any of the stainless/chrome shields?

Bigredbrad
Old 01-19-2019, 08:32 PM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by grantstigers
I have all these door shims
I had to buy all these parts (vendor wouldn't separate) to get stuff for my 69. 75.00 shipped for everything . I also have 3 thin metal shims not pictured which is included.
you can email me grantwong@telus.net

metal shims are from one side that I can see. It has the original screws
I will piece them all out to get my 75.00 back if you just want a couple pieces works to 5.00 per each piece plus shipping. I just want to get what I have into it.
Available to other forum members

Grant - I found one of the two that I need under the rear carpet today. I appreciate your help, but I hate to buy your full set just to get one and then I am selling off all the rest to recoup my investment. Thank you

bigredbrad
Old 01-21-2019, 05:39 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Brad, Im not sure if these are parts you are looking for... there’s 2 of the ‘63 PVC pipe that goes in the back of the manifold, one with plug and hose. There’s battery cables with spring clips, but not sure if correct or what you want. And there’s a linkage and a couple lines. LMK if you need them. Here’s pics:

The following users liked this post:
bigredbrad (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 10:58 AM
bigredbrad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Brad, Im not sure if these are parts you are looking for... there’s 2 of the ‘63 PVC pipe that goes in the back of the manifold, one with plug and hose. There’s battery cables with spring clips, but not sure if correct or what you want. And there’s a linkage and a couple lines. LMK if you need them. Here’s pics:

VetteBuyer6369 - Yes, those are things that I need. Would you email me direct to put a deal together to my email: BradHillhouse@yahoo.com

Thank you!

other parts listed above from my original ad still needed!

Get notified of new replies

To Rusty Crusty 63 Parts

Quick Reply: WTB: Rusty Crusty 63 Parts