C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Who says big Procharged builds can't be great road race cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 10:26 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Who says big Procharged builds can't be great road race cars!!!

Took my car out to Roebling Road Raceway last Friday to get some 1st time break-in for my new build. I couldn't get ethanol before then so I had to run 93 which I wasn't to thrilled with, but the car ran surprisingly well. Not a single bit of overheating, reduced power, nothing. The only issue I had was the driver side PCV quick connect cannot hold the pressure of the procharger on the stock PCV system so I need to get an upgraded Catch Can think I am going with a -10AN custom MightyMouse race system. I beat on her pretty hard made total of 25+ laps for the day easily and nearly 2 tanks of gas! I was passing purpose-built race cars, Porsche 911 turbos (late models), even trapped nearly 8mph higher on the front straight than the Mclaren but I was only coming into the corner at 92-95 mph he was coming in around 110mph, and I was braking early he was braking at 3 marker! I wasn't able to get track insurance in time so I wasn't going to risk driving that aggressive. Regardless it was a blast and my point was to get some seat time in and ensure the new build didn't have any issues. The Cup 2's were GREAT once I got them up to temp. Very sticky track tire! The CCB's also performed flawlessly!.

I am going to Flat Out Motorsports - Flat Out Motorsports/CECF Charity Track Days at Daytona on May 4th/5th so will get my car out on a great track! Trying to get the car done by then. Still have to TIG weld my 46mm precision turbo wastegate on my charge tube and move my MAF post wastegate to pickup adjusted airflow. Then I can let Chris Crawford set my Holley system up for "Boost by Gear" reducing boost in 1st and 2nd to get some traction. Plan on 6 point harnesses and a Hans setup, possibly a Halon system.

I am so addicted to this definitely caught the BUG!

I went out there with my friends one of which has a beautiful Mclaren 650 Spider he was clocking consistent 1:17's which is fast as hell for a production car. He also has the production lap record out there in his Viper ACR at 1:14. The Gray Z was clocking 1:19 consistent bone stock. Fun times!

Last edited by C5-VERT; 01-18-2019 at 07:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-05-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:10 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice work! Do you have a build thread on here? Be nice to hear more about the setup.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:48 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Nice work! Do you have a build thread on here? Be nice to hear more about the setup.
I sure do, did the best I could...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ld-thread.html
Old 03-05-2019, 12:19 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

This summer you'll need some cooling. Don't worry, we have you covered
The following users liked this post:
C5-VERT (03-06-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Who says big Procharged builds can't be great road race cars!!!

Quick Reply: Who says big Procharged builds can't be great road race cars!!!