Sponsored by:

Installed Z06 style splitters & grille from Extreme Online store

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Steel_Venom
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Installed Z06 style splitters & grille from Extreme Online store

I have a 2014 Stingray M7 base. I haven't been super active on the forums past few years as I've been quasi-restoring my first car ('95 Mustang). Now that I wrapped that up I've been debating whether or not to trade up to a GS, but I'm sentimentally attached to my C7 & have decided just to modify it to my liking vs trading up.
So, during Christmas/New-Years weeks I installed Z06 Style Stage 2 front Splitters, Spoilers, and Grille all in Carbon Flash Metallic.
I had to wait until we got a warm enough day to install the Stinger Stripe, which I purchased from Phoenix Graphics.
Also installed a Borla S-Type Catback.

I have no experience with GM Brand parts, but I could not fathom dropping the insane prices for genuine GM Z06 Aero bits. Extreme Online Store (EOS) had actually reasonable prices.
Now, I've been burned buying cheaper parts in the past, but EOS had good reviews for other cars on other forums, so I figured I'd take a chance. I'm glad I did; everything fit perfectly. EOS had great customer service too; they forgot to include the directions for the front splitter. Sent an email & less than 24hrs I had them

I followed Theta's video for removing the front bumper cover. I had no problem popping the cover loose by the headlights. I pulled straight up and the popped out.
I followed YT video from "Chevy Dude" for removing the rear bumper cover to install the spoiler, with a few caveats. I didn't remove the tail lights to install the nuts. I was able to use a flex-head ratcheting wrench to get them.
Another tip for installing the spoiler; line the template up as it directs you, put the studs in the spoiler, and then set the spoiler on top of the template to ensure the studs actually line up with the holes on the template. I had to make a lot of tiny adjustments to the template to get all the studs to align with the template holes. Not that it was way off, just a lot of fine tuning. Do not tape the template down & drill holes expecting it to be perfect.

Next up; I've purchased a supercharger from Andy at A&A. It'll be a few weeks until I get to that, but I'll make a thread as I install it. Maybe that S/C will help me finish burning the tread off my factory wheels & tires so I can upgrade those too

Last edited by Steel_Venom; 01-22-2019 at 10:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steel_Venom:
Jetman2017 (01-22-2019), kevstaarr (02-03-2020)
Old 01-22-2019, 10:29 AM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 01-22-2019, 10:43 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

good work...always nice to get those little tips that make a helluva difference when doing mods....if possible, in the future take a few pics as you go along to share with us...even if you never post them it is always refreshing to go through them from time to time.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Steel_Venom
Advanced

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
good work...always nice to get those little tips that make a helluva difference when doing mods....if possible, in the future take a few pics as you go along to share with us...even if you never post them it is always refreshing to go through them from time to time.
Sure thing! I usually take a ton of pics as I work on them so I remember how to put it back together. In this case I didn't take as many since I was mostly following videos. Here's a few I did take.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:26 PM
2FastCorvette4U
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I just had my carbon flash front lip installed and I must admit the damn thing looks great and the fitment is great. EOS is a great store, I am going to order two more things from them this month.
The following users liked this post:
Steel_Venom (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 05:39 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel_Venom
Sure thing! I usually take a ton of pics as I work on them so I remember how to put it back together. In this case I didn't take as many since I was mostly following videos. Here's a few I did take.

Did you have to pull your mufflers for the rear spoiler or was that part of another project? -- UPON EDIT -- Thanks for the tip on Phoenix Graphics for the Stinger. Great prices. Just ordered once.

Last edited by ImpliedConsent; 01-22-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 01-22-2019, 06:15 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Three notes on the splitter.

1. You don't have to take the bumper off to install the splitter if you're not doing a grill. Just for future reference for others reading .

2. I'm on my second stage 3 EOS splitter (broke first on track). It can handle 175 mph without damage if you use some 30 rivets under it ( specially at the fangs) otherwise it will flex down pretty bad and might get hurt. Specially if you don't have the extra side supports stage 3 pieces provide). Push down on yours and find the flexing spots, then re securure (just remove the undertray do so if using bolts). Predrilled holes didn't match for either of mine.

3) paint on the splitter is ****. Looks good but incredibly brittle. Some country road drives and mine looks like a dalmatian. I'm planning to pull it off and either put some glossy plastidip on it or do an actual repaint with several coats of clear. I'm not worried about a good finish. Oddly it's only on the main section of the splitter. The stage 3 sides are much more durable

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 01-22-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:20 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Nice job looks great.
Steel_Venom (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Steel_Venom
Advanced

Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
Did you have to pull your mufflers for the rear spoiler or was that part of another project? -- UPON EDIT -- Thanks for the tip on Phoenix Graphics for the Stinger. Great prices. Just ordered once.
Phoenex Graphics: Yep fit & finish was amazing. Seems like a very durable graphic; the metalic flakes in the carbon flash really shows up well. I prepped the surface with
Oil Eater I got off Amazon Oil Eater I got off Amazon
. Be sure to clean under the rear edge of the hood as the graphic wraps around the hood. Then I used
 RapidTac RapidTac
on the sticky side and on hood. I soaked the hood; actually had to keep applying it as I positioned it. Finally I used a
felt-edge squegee felt-edge squegee
to press the graphic down. Had to work a lot at the rear of the hood to get it to fold around the edge. Let it dry for a few hours before peeling the top paper off and presto.

Exhaust: I installed Borla S-type catback about a week before the EOS parts arrived, so I left the lower facsia off which made removing the upper bumper cover a snap.
I didn't talk about the S-Type much because I was pretty dissapointed. Fit & Finish is great as always from Borla, but sound level is barely above stock (I have non-npp). I also have Borla S-Type on my Shelby and love the sound, so was hoping for similar sound. Especially when the C7 Borla's costs 2x as much as the Shelby....
I don't fully blame the Borla mufflers. I think the factory cats are major sound restrictions; I started it up with no mufflers and couldn't believe how quiet it still was. I'll try to upload vids tomorrow of stock, no mufflers, and S-Type
I have ARH LTs w/ catless X-Pipe that I'll be installing with the supercharger in a few weeks...hopefully that gives me the sound I'm wanting.
ImpliedConsent (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 07:29 PM
mtaxman
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 215 Posts

Who needs a ZO6? Those mods look great on your ride. Well done.
Steel_Venom (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 01:57 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,296 Likes on 13,969 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The mods you did make a great difference in the looks of the car. Well done.
Steel_Venom (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

I just installed the EOS side skirts on my Z51 and was going to put up a post with a detailed review and several installation photos if people are intrested. Didn't want to thread jack, but I could post here if the OP is OK with it.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:51 AM
Steel_Venom
Advanced

Thanks for asking; I think it'd be best to start your own thread. This thread is kind of a brief review + pics. A detailed install thread would be great too!
The following 2 users liked this post by Steel_Venom:
$$$frumnuttin' (01-23-2019), JMII (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 11:04 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 418 Likes on 289 Posts

The final touches! NICE.,
Steel_Venom (01-23-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Z06 style splitters & grille from Extreme Online store

Quick Reply: Installed Z06 style splitters & grille from Extreme Online store