Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any forum dealers in South Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 03:31 PM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Any forum dealers in South Florida?

I am looking to get a C7 possibly from a forum dealer in South Florida. I see Bomnin in Miami has good discounts.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Stingray Chevrolet is a forum dealer but the dealership is west of Orlando towards Tampa, they have good discount.
The following users liked this post:
rckt (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 07:12 PM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Do you have a contact? Seems all 2019's are 1LT. I wonder why no one orders 2LT's.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 PM
THE BUD MAN
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

you are better off contacting Mike at Criswell or Mark at MacMulkin...…. you will find what you want at one or the other and buying from them couldn't be easier. I just purchased a 2019 GS MT from Mark and they are shipping me the car and picking up my trade in...… total time, less than a week!
Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

When I was looking around for a C7 (twice) none of the FL dealers anywhere in the state where as competitive as dealers elsewhere.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:57 AM
LarryFL
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by rckt
I am looking to get a C7 possibly from a forum dealer in South Florida. I see Bomnin in Miami has good discounts.
Originally Posted by cheapthrills
When I was looking around for a C7 (twice) none of the FL dealers anywhere in the state where as competitive as dealers elsewhere.
If C7 + shipping from out of state is cheaper than south FL local, then prove it, and local dealer will match. They have a lot C7's to move, and will not lose a sale for no reason. Make your case!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Roger Dean Chevrolet in Cape Coral has always had a fairly decent supply of C7s in stock whenever I've passed by there on my visits to SW Florida. I know that's on the other coast from Palm Beach but if they have what you want in stock (or offer a great price on a factory order) it's probably worth the drive as opposed to having one shipped to you from further away.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

You have Estero Bay Chevrolet, the sponsor of Corvettes of Naples, Roger Dean in Cape Coral and Rick Hendricks in Naples. But, although they all have decent inventories of Corvettes, if you really want a good deal, go to the big 4 Forum dealers. The guys down here tend to load up their cars with options and manage to sell them at minimum discounts. Just saying!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:04 AM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Yeah, I am finding some cars discounted but mostly 1LT's. I wonder if they would discount on a order. Bomnin in Miami discounts like Kerbeck but I don't trust much from Miami :-).
Mike Campbell (01-24-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 11:07 AM
Gil225
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LarryFL
If C7 + shipping from out of state is cheaper than south FL local, then prove it, and local dealer will match. They have a lot C7's to move, and will not lose a sale for no reason. Make your case!
If that were only true with Jon Hall Chevy in Daytona....out the door Jon Hall was $27,000 higher for an $84,000 coupe v/s an $85,000 coupe and I had it in writing from the Maryland dealership. I kept the paperwork , I ended up at Stingray Chevy with a great deal and did not have to drive 823 miles for it !
Old 01-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Rand1993
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i bought my Vette from a forum dealer in the Northeast. I live in North Florida. The best Chevrolet dealer I have ever dealt with is Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, FL. I have taken it there for service twice (350 miles one way). If they are even half ways competitive I will buy my next one from them.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 201 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
That's the truth.
I bought a new C5 and new C6 both out of state (Michigan).
Just bought my used C7 out of Indiana.
Someone mentioned Bomnin... some of the s. Florida dealers I've read or heard about or spoken with,
mandate you take a loan on the Vette, even if you don't need one.
At least one local dealer also states in the fine print in their ads, you must also trade in a vehicle.
I'd never buy a new Vette in FL. Maybe Stingray, not being in south FL may have different deals.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:00 PM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 201 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryFL
I disagree. South FL dealers barely discount the Vettes. Some even add to msrp.
I've always done better out of state, even having to pay for shipping.
I had a courtesy delivery done on my C6, so that only cost an extra $300.
I just don't know how any local dealer ever sells a Vette unless of course they are oblivious that they can do much better out of state.
I guess some people just don't know they can buy from out of state?
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Wonderful:
jimmie jam (02-06-2019), Mike Campbell (01-24-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Do you have a contact? Seems all 2019's are 1LT. I wonder why no one orders 2LT's.
No I do not but he is a forum dealer and it would be a matter of just contacting them, they discount a good bit, just make the call. I just did a search and here is a contact and name.Please contact Brandon at (972)762-9592 Forum handle is mattb@stingray

Last edited by St!ngray; 01-23-2019 at 04:52 PM.
rckt (01-24-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 06:13 PM
REDBULLIT
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
I disagree. South FL dealers barely discount the Vettes. Some even add to msrp.
I've always done better out of state, even having to pay for shipping.
I had a courtesy delivery done on my C6, so that only cost an extra $300.
I just don't know how any local dealer ever sells a Vette unless of course they are oblivious that they can do much better out of state.
I guess some people just don't know they can buy from out of state?
Very true, S. Fl barely discount! Try coming here to Naples and ask for discounts and you will get a nasty look from salesmen! I've always travel to the Tampa area to get a much better deal.
jimmie jam (02-06-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 11:24 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

None that I'm aware of. Bomnin? ? I don't think that they're one of the CF sponsor Chev. dealerships......
Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 AM
Harris
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Do you qualify for Supplier or Employee Discount? If so Tom Carlton at AutoNation on Lake Worth Rd will honor them with no questions asked. You may be able to do better with a Forum dealer but this option worked out for me last January on my 2019 Z06.
Be careful with Bomnin, I understand that they quote cars with every possible incentive, until you get down there and start crunching numbers.
rckt (01-24-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Any forum dealers in South Florida?

Old 01-24-2019, 02:20 PM
rckt
Melting Slicks

I reached out to Tom, let's see if he can compete with the big boys :-). Thanks for the info.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:46 PM
THE BUD MAN
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I will still bet you that CRISWELL, MacMulkin or KERBECK will have a better deal and definitely better selection EVEN after paying shipping than ANY Florida dealer. I have bought 8 Corvettes (C5-C7) over the years and in all but 1 instance I ended up buying from one of these 3 FORUM dealers
Old 01-24-2019, 03:02 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

Yeah, I am finding some cars discounted but mostly 1LT's. I wonder if they would discount on a order. Bomnin in Miami discounts like Kerbeck but I don't trust much from Miami :-).
I’ve ordered several Vettes from Kerbeck. Easy to deal with and what you see is what you pay. Great folks.

Ordered all 5 of my Vettes, made for me at Bowling Green to exactly what I want. Why compromise with whatever dealer thinks you should have! My Grand Sport purchase method is one to concider.

Found a Chevy Dealer 30miles from my home who accepted Courtesy Deliver for a flat $250. No extras. Ordered from Kerbeck at the same discounts they offered for cars in stock. Kerbeck handeled all paperwork, paid the SC sales tax etc. They know what they are doing.

I found the key to finding a dealer who will accept Courtesy Delivery is NOT to ask a salesman or sales manager! I talked only to the financial manager. Turns out they do it all the time for the largest employer in that town (over 3500, some who get exec or salesperson cars.) I did it by phone.

The service manager was happy as they get paid by GM for the inspection and car prep. They also got extra for my side skirts andsplitter install I ordered as an option. They have one C7 mechanic who is the only one who touches a Vette for anything. Great guy. So good brought the car to them instead of the large local Chevy dealer for the MRC software upgrade.

Last edited by JerryU; 01-24-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Any forum dealers in South Florida?