C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 08:01 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Help

My situation:
My brand new, 6.8 liter LS2 with cam, hedders, and D1 Procharger failed on the dyno. But, that's another story.
For the past 5 months I have, by working a few hours a week, pulled the engine, had it rebuilt, reinstalled it, along with some additional goodies, all with no help, inside my small garage. It was a royal PITA.
Finally, after checking, re-designing a few things, checking again, she fired right up on Saturday. The only issues, at first, was a "Service Active Handling" alert in the DIC. This did not seem to effect anything on the way the car drove. So, after approximately 50 very easy miles, I got a P-0156 CEL, which meant Bank 2 sensor failure.
My questions are:
1. What would cause the active handling issue? Nothing was disconnected concerning the brakes.
2. What sensor would have failed giving me the P-0156 code ?
Even thought the engine seems to be running flawlessly, I do not want to drive it until I resolve 1 and 2.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:44 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

You Tube is our friend !!
Figured out it is the O2 sensor.
Still searching for the Active Handling issue.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

AHS will throw with tire air pressure being off, steering sensor being off (did you disconnect the steering coupling in the engine bay?), and a few other things but thats where i'd start with...

Last edited by Ahrmike; 02-05-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:51 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Yes, the steering coupling was disconnected to accommodate the extraction and installation of the engine. Not sure if it was re-aligned to the original location. May have been clocked somewhat.
Question, How do I correct this?
Thanks
Old 02-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EuroRod
Yes, the steering coupling was disconnected to accommodate the extraction and installation of the engine. Not sure if it was re-aligned to the original location. May have been clocked somewhat.
Question, How do I correct this?
Thanks
Do you have access to a tech 2 or a tech 2 clone? You need to read out the sensor "zero" and reclock it correctly. Its either that or guess and check one full rotation one way or the other - which I really don't recommend since the airbag connector reel in the steering wheel really doesnt like being uncentered. The tech 2 will also allow you to set the steering sensor to zero but that is also a bandaid - get the reading, turn the wheel to the right position - then reinstall.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:17 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

I went back and checked the steering shaft coupler. I assumed that the shaft had splines on it and perhaps when I reconnected it, I may have been off one spline. I was wrong as the shaft only has a flat spot on it, and if I had installed it 180* out, the steering wheel would not have been centered. Bottom line, I feel 99% that these items are correctly aligned.
Still searching for a solution/
Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Its possible its a full 360 out... I got a strange SAH error when my MAF was left disconnected a while back as well. Not sure why it would throw that code but it did.

AH uses the steering position sensor, gyroscope, and TPMS (IIRC).

Get notified of new replies

To Help

Quick Reply: Help