C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 03:01 PM
bridgeport13b
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust help

Hi I have a 05 c6 and I bought kooks 1 7/8 headers and was curious if a kooks z06 x pipe which is 3 in all the way will muffler will fit my car with a z06 aftermarket muffler? The z06 x pipe is an 05 or 06-08 x pipe.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:59 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

It depends on the size of the collector flange that comes off the headers to the cats and what size the cat outlet is. You might have a muffler shop look at it and see how much trouble it would be to make everything fit. Your car came with a 2.5 diameter exhaust system but with the headers you might be 3" off the cat flange. There are adapters that will mate a 2.5 with a 3.0 system which may also work
Old 02-20-2019, 07:54 PM
bridgeport13b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
It depends on the size of the collector flange that comes off the headers to the cats and what size the cat outlet is. You might have a muffler shop look at it and see how much trouble it would be to make everything fit. Your car came with a 2.5 diameter exhaust system but with the headers you might be 3" off the cat flange. There are adapters that will mate a 2.5 with a 3.0 system which may also work
I currently have 1 7/8 headers with 3in collector flange.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:32 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by bridgeport13b
I currently have 1 7/8 headers with 3in collector flange.
Do you have cats behind the collector? If so what is the diameter of the back outlet of the cat? If it is not 3" then there are adapters that can be installed to mate the mid pipes to your existing cats. the three inch system will fit the car in all other aspects other than the specific hook up to the collector or cats. You may need to have a reliable muffler shop or local speed shop that is familiar with custom exhaust take a look and see exactly what you have and what you may need.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:31 AM
bridgeport13b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Do you have cats behind the collector? If so what is the diameter of the back outlet of the cat? If it is not 3" then there are adapters that can be installed to mate the mid pipes to your existing cats. the three inch system will fit the car in all other aspects other than the specific hook up to the collector or cats. You may need to have a reliable muffler shop or local speed shop that is familiar with custom exhaust take a look and see exactly what you have and what you may need.
im not running any cats, I have kooks 1 7/8 headers with 3in flange. What I want to know is can I use a kooks z06 x pipe with no cats on a base model vet? I’m assuming I will need z06 muffler

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust help

Quick Reply: Exhaust help