Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?

Old 03-23-2019, 03:08 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?

Has anyone up in Michigan, or anywhere for that matter, seen a C8 get gas at a public gas station, while the car is off, and then start again and drive away afterwards on its own accord without assistance from a tow truck or a swarm of engineers to get it started?

Idling at the gas pump and never shutting off, does not count.

May seem funny to you, but its a genuine question at this point.

If no one knows the answer, I guess I could always just Ask Tadge in that section of this forum, but I hate to burn a chance when there are many other questions that other users would like to be answered as well.

Another question... have we seen a c8 not restart and need towed or have a GM employee pop the hood and work to restart it, at ANY OTHER location other than in front of a gas pump?

Kind of coincidental that the only 2 we have seen die, were both in front of gas pumps, after they were shut off.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Popular Reply

03-23-2019, 05:34 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
Has anyone up in Michigan, or anywhere for that matter, seen a C8 get gas at a public gas station, and then start and drive away afterwards on its own accord without assistance from a tow truck or a swarm of engineers to get it started?

If no one knows the answer, I guess I could always just Ask Tadge in that section of this forum, but I hate to burn a chance when there are many other questions that other users would like to be answered as well.
Do you really think with multiple test mules from Florida to California to Arizona and the Carolinas all spotted in the past couple weeks that every time the c8 stops for gas they all get towed?

That is what your questions implies.

You have way to much time on your hands from your theories on everything from electrical problem to frame distortion to c7 FE replacement.

You got one wild imagination. Which would not be a problem but you alway state things as a fact until someone or something proves your totally wrong.

Then your on to your next GM conspiracy.

I would be willing to wager as you always want to do that you have the most negative attitude for Corvette and Corvette design team than any other forum member.

In fact with all your theories about GM and the problems with the Corvette both past Corvette and future c8 I have no idea why you would ever want another one?

Now I read your post where your holding off your Lemon Law case so you can get GM to give you a 2020 C8 ? Lol good luck with that. You been telling everyone for over a year how you and your buddies have GM by the ***** and GM going to give you a brand new car to replace your 3 year old car and how you have driven that car at no cost because GM just going to hand you a new car?

Can't wait for the next 24 hours until you have a new theory on a new subject that you will present aa fact as you seem to be an expert on Corvette manufacturer and design issues and are much smarter than the GM team tasked with the design and engineering of the Corvette. Then you will back pedal after other forum member who with logical thought process point out the flaws in your theory.

Finally someone took you up on your constant wish to wager and you then back pedaled so fast it was laughable.

Within 5 minutes you went from wanting to wager 10k to completely change your position and agree that you were wrong.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:34 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Has anyone up in Michigan, or anywhere for that matter, seen a C8 get gas at a public gas station, and then start and drive away afterwards on its own accord without assistance from a tow truck or a swarm of engineers to get it started?

Do you really think with multiple test mules from Florida to California to Arizona and the Carolinas all spotted in the past couple weeks that every time the c8 stops for gas they all get towed?

You have way to much time on your hands from your theories on everything from electrical problem to frame distortion to c7 FE replacement.

You got one wild imagination. Which would not be a problem but you alway state things as a fact until someone or something proves your totally wrong.

I would be willing to wager as you always want to do that you have the most negative attitude for Corvette and Corvette design team than any other forum member.

In fact with all your theories about GM and the problems with the Corvette both past Corvette and future c8 I have no idea why you would ever want another one?

Now I read your post where your holding off your Lemon Law case so you can get GM to give you a 2020 C8 ? Lol good luck with that. You been telling everyone for over a year how you and your buddies have GM by the ***** and GM going to give you a brand new car to replace your 3 year old car and how you have driven that car at no cost because GM just going to hand you a new car?

Can't wait for the next 24 hours until you have a new theory on a new subject that you will present aa fact as you seem to be an expert on Corvette manufacturer and design issues and are much smarter than the GM team tasked with the design and engineering of the Corvette. Then you will back pedal after other forum member who with logical thought process point out the flaws in your theory.

Finally someone took you up on your constant wish to wager and you then back pedaled so fast it was laughable.

Within 5 minutes you went from wanting to wager 10k to completely change your position and agree that you were wrong.
The following 8 users liked this post by vetteman41960:
CorvettoBrando (03-23-2019), F4Gary (03-25-2019), GM5778 (03-25-2019), nvusgt (03-26-2019), r00t61 (04-10-2019), ShagVette (03-23-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019), ZERRY 316 (03-23-2019) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-23-2019, 06:36 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I haven't seen a C8 pull away from a gas station in person, put if failure to start after fueling was a common problem, it would have been experienced and solved on the test track, not out in public view.
The following 4 users liked this post by Warp Factor:
jefnvk (03-23-2019), Mikec7z (03-23-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019), ZERRY 316 (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 09:23 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Really?
This ranks up there with the silliest threads in history...
What's next? Maybe someone will predict that GM is putting a DCT in the C7...
Oh, wait...

Last edited by jimmyb; 03-23-2019 at 09:25 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by jimmyb:
GM5778 (03-25-2019), LLK (04-10-2019), Mikec7z (03-23-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019), ZERRY 316 (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I haven't seen a C8 pull away from a gas station in person, put if failure to start after fueling was a common problem, it would have been experienced and solved on the test track, not out in public view.
and, you wouldn’t see the.C8 hundreds, even a thousand miles away from Michigan without that official GM tow truck or an enclosed trailer in the support caravan.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:26 AM
blipit_
Pro

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

Gettting gas, driving away.

/End Thread

Last edited by blipit_; 03-23-2019 at 10:28 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by blipit_:
CorvettoBrando (03-23-2019), LLK (04-10-2019), Mikec7z (03-23-2019), pdpratt (03-30-2019), ShagVette (03-23-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-23-2019, 11:24 AM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteman41960

Reply is spot on accurate truth. Only thing missing is, Mike constantly posts "my sources", so yes, this thread does seem um...
The following 2 users liked this post by ShagVette:
CorvettoBrando (03-23-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 11:25 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetteman41960

I did not backpedal, he did. I let him know that his decision to go public with a 10k bet put us both in a bad position, and i was having trouble finding someone to hold the money. He never so much as sent me his phone number, still has not, just an email saying he was joking and trying to call my bluff. But yes, i made a mistake, and I own my mistakes pretty easily and quickly.

A lot of people enjoyed it and got a good laugh at our expenses. And the one who is negative, might be you.

As far as the lemon stuff goes, GM gives you a voucher its like a coupon...you go buy whatever car your heart desires with it, as long as it says chevy on it, its for a certain dollar amount. You get whatever you want under the sun. I could get a 3500 Diesel. I could buy 4 leftover bolts. Lemon a car sometime, then come back here and pretend like you know what you are talking about.

What else did you just spew up there... oh, the gas pumps. It may seem like an odd request, but you rule out the idea that they could be getting fuel on GM private property every time, or on property with the engineers present who know how to get it started, or they just leave them idling when they get fuel at other locations.

I'm simply saying, a gas station is a place people take pictures of cars... they aren't driving, their hands are free, plenty of time for them to pull out their phones and make videos....

and not ONE video shows a c8 at a gas station... SHUT OFF... and then RESTART... other than the 2 when it failed to start.

I find it coincidental enough to talk about, and if someone can provide some evidence one has started after filling up afterwards... great. That would put the car at 1 for 3 instead of 0 for 2.

But if someone cant, going forward, don't you think that is a bit odd? We are a month away from the event that most people think will be the reveal date for the c8....

and no one has seen one which is hot and has been driven for a while, which then shuts off to get gas... no one... no one... has seen one restart without issue yet.

And if you can find them, please have them post here

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by blipit_
Gettting gas, driving away.

/End Thread
Actually, not the end.. his rear lights are on... and hes not in the drivers seat, which means he left it running with the parking brake on, like i often do... or he is running the pump and someone else is still in the drivers seat. Car is on in that photo.

Show me where one was shut off, and it restarted afterward

Now you guys are understanding there is more to what im saying than you might want to admit.

I already said in other threads that IF GM knew there was a restart issue, then the solution is to refuel with the engine on, and we the public would not know any different.

Car off... gets fuel... car starts... on camera... and drives away.

We have not seen it yet. Ive searched pretty hard.

Understand, you are the ones making assumptions, im simply asking for evidence to a request I have.

Might be a bizarre request to the rest of you, might be funny, but so far, an entire forum of c8 lovers, and not one person has seen it yet...

just a lot of people making assumptions... both of what the car can and has done and how GM would handle it...

and assumptions on my evil motives to hurt GM.

I asked for evidence to something, we might not get it until a week from now when someone films a car to provide the proof, but at least we get the evidence one way or another.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:33 AM
blipit_
Pro

Received 300 Likes on 122 Posts

Last edited by blipit_; 03-23-2019 at 11:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 11:40 AM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Actually, not the end.. his rear lights are on... and hes not in the drivers seat, which means he left it running, like i often do.

Show me where one was shut off, and it restarted afterward

Now you guys are understanding there is more to what im saying than you might want to admit.

I already said in other threads that IF GM knew there was a restart issue, then the solution is to refuel with the engine on, and we the public would not know any different.

Car off... gets fuel... car starts... on camera... and drives away.

We have not seen it yet. Ive looked pretty hard.
There are localities, at the very least, that have laws prohibiting refueling while engine is running as in DC and NY. No way GM can put out a product that needs to say running while fueling without taking on the areas that require shut off at the very least. Every pump in Ohio has a sign saying to shut off you engine before refueling, not sure if it's a law in Ohio or not, but they have to have the signs posted.

Now that being said think ya are just being silly. Lol

PC

Last edited by Darion; 03-23-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Darion
There are localities, at the very least, that have laws prohibiting refueling while engine is running as in DC and NY. No way GM can put out a product that needs to say running while fueling without taking on the areas that require shut off at the very least. Every pump in Ohio has a sign saying to shut off you engine before refueling, not sure if it's a law in Ohio or not, but they have to have the signs posted.

Now that being said think ya are just being silly. Lol

PC
You are talking to a person who lived in ohio, and left his car running every fill up. And so do the cop cars, and they all do it while they are chatting, and I would chat with them while my car was running. No laws were being broken in the cops eyes.

You guys are something else. This is not 1960. If i was in an older car, i would shut it off.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:43 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

I did not backpedal, he did. I let him know that his decision to go public with a 10k bet put us both in a bad position, and i was having trouble finding someone to hold the money. He never so much as sent me his phone number, still has not, just an email saying he was joking and trying to call my bluff. But yes, i made a mistake, and I own my mistakes pretty easily and quickly.

A lot of people enjoyed it and got a good laugh at our expenses. And the one who is negative, might be you.

As far as the lemon stuff goes, GM gives you a voucher its like a coupon...you go buy whatever car your heart desires with it, as long as it says chevy on it, its for a certain dollar amount. You get whatever you want under the sun. I could get a 3500 Diesel. I could buy 4 leftover bolts. Lemon a car sometime, then come back here and pretend like you know what you are talking about.

What else did you just spew up there... oh, the gas pumps. It may seem like an odd request, but you rule out the idea that they could be getting fuel on GM private property every time, or on property with the engineers present who know how to get it started. Im simply saying, a gas station is a place people take pictures of cars... they arent driving, their hands are free, plenty of time for them to pull out their phones and make videos....

and not ONE video shows a c8 at a gas staton... other than the 2 when it failed to start.

I find it coincidental enough to talk about, and if someone can provide some evidence one has started after filling up afterwards... great.

But if someone cant, going forward, don't you think that is a bit odd? We are a month away from the event that most people think will be the reveal date for the c8....

and no one has seen one which is hot and has been driven for a while, which then shuts off to get gas... no one... no one... has seen one restart without issue yet.

And if you cant find them, please have them post here
Yea I am sure GM has mules testing all over the country all the while knowing if they shut the car off it won't restart. Lol

Do you think the car KNOWS when it stopped in front of a gas pump as stopped in a fast food restaurant?

At this point your insistence that this could be a problem just show you so full of yourself that a simple logical thought is outside your grasp.

On to the next conspiracy theory as this one is shot to hell with anyone who has the ability to use logical thought process.

But anything possible and the car somehow knows it's at a gas station and there for won't start.

Yea Mike stick with that theory it's right in line with so many of your other post.

Again I will give it a day until you claim to have proof of some detail involving the C8 and or its release and sources who cannot possible be wrong.

I give you that your at least consistently full of crap.

Mike at this point your embarrassing yourself. Just let it go.

Last edited by vetteman41960; 03-23-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Mikec7z (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

or maybe im just having a bit of fun, but also have a genuine question I want looked into. And you have nothing better to do than troll threads that you dont like and complain within them.

However, your post had a fair point in it... i should also be requesting "have we seen a c8 NOT restart at any other location other than in front of a gas pump?"

Thank you buddy.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Actually, not the end.. his rear lights are on... and hes not in the drivers seat, which means he left it running, like i often do.
It looks like the backup lights are on too though. What are the chances of leaving the engine running while the car is in reverse gear?
CorvettoBrando (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:09 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

It looks like the backup lights are on too though. What are the chances of leaving the engine running while the car is in reverse gear?
what are the chances GM has a gas card, and one guy runs the pump, and everyone else pulls through like an assembly line, and there is still someone in the car, its in reverse, parking brake or foot brake active, and its engine is running... since backup lights dont fire when a car is shut off?

Come on guys.

If its a dct, he has to put on the parking brake, and leave it in gear, with the parking brake on... whether he is in the car or not.... IF he wants to go through the trouble of leaving it on, which he obviously has...

or again, option 2 is someone else is driving.

But the car cant be said to be off with 100% surety.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-24-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

Have you ever noticed that when you park your C7, and shut it down that the back-up and tailights remain on for a period of time after shutdown? Obviously, not.

Last edited by Foosh; 03-23-2019 at 12:22 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Foosh:
jimmyb (03-23-2019), Micster (04-12-2019), Pipfittr (03-26-2019), ShagVette (03-23-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?

Old 03-23-2019, 12:23 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Some of the stupidity around here knows no bounds.
vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:28 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,194 Posts

^^^

Haha. Next thing, he will bet you $10K that it isn't so!
Old 03-23-2019, 12:28 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

maybe im wrong... but all im saying is. so far, no c8's failed at any other place than in front a gas pump. Thats an amazing statistic, don't you think?

And the first fialure is what spawned the discussions about GM having an electrical issue...

cars vanish for a few weeks/months...

cars come back out... and then the lady who forgets to NOT shut off the car... gets stuck at a gas pump... after GM had weeks/months to resolve the exact prior issue.

You guys can argue up and down all that you want and try to protect the car that it is perfect and amazing...

meanwhile, im over here in reality collecting facts.

2 for 2... instances with hard evidence the car was shut off... it did not restart... after getting fuel.

And one of those times was directly after GM took a long amount of time to fix it, AFTER it had been admitted to the public there is an electrical issue with the cars.

Cars are not fixed yet

Period.

Otherwise, i need some video evidence of any of them succeeding at this, seemingly simple task of restarting at a gas pump.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 06:50 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?