Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Two for One...not so Good...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 12:50 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Two for One...not so Good...

I raced the Summit event at Palm Beach today...up at 5AM on the road at 6 and got to the track at 8AM...beautiful day but it got a bit warm later on...the DA was around +1200 all day...this was a double race, back to back...my first and only time shot before race one went well..6.53 with a .011 tree...first round is called and up I go...I line up with a camaro dialed 6.37...I put 6.54 on my board...off we go both green...I had a .026 tree to his .062...yeah!...oops!, his win light comes on...turns out it is a double break out and he wins by .009...rats-a-roonie....my ride went a 52 on that 54 dial...sigh...

I buy back in and head up for the re-run round...I get a new camaro with a 416 motor...he dials 6.40 to my 6.53...I leave green...but...when I let go of the button the car hesitated...it has done this before, sadly...this gave me a .111 light...I run it out anyway and, lo and behold I win...wait, what?...turns out he had a .163 light...go figure...what a gift that was so I am back in the show...

I go up for round 2 and catch a 40 ford plastic fantastic replica...beautiful car and a friend...fast sucker too...he dials 5.83 to my 6.53...I leave .025 green and he missed it with a .073...oh well...I whomp for the win gong 16 thou over...

Round 3 is called up and I get the wheelie wagon once again...sigh...last month he put me out in round 4 when I went .001 red...this time it was my bad once again..he was .038 on the tree to my .008 red eye...fooey!....nothing to do now but wait for race number two to begin...

They call us up for a time shot for race 2 which is also a dial for dollars deal...I buy in and put 6.54 on my board...sitting in the staging lanes I am cooking like a christmas turkey so I up my dial to 6.55 while waiting...nice move, shakespear...of course I run a 6.543 which would have won the dial for dollars deal and 200 bucks had I left the 54 on the board...oy yoy yoy, papa'...

Here comes round one and I am completely exhausted...the long day and heat got to me...I almost pulled out of the lanes...believe it or not I catch the same 40 ford car again...yipers!...he dials 5.84 this time...I have 6.54 on mine...he goes huge red with a -.104...I miss it as well with a .031 but go dead on 8...on to round next...

I line up with a buddy in his mustang dialed 6.78...I am 2 and 0 against him...I almost fall asleep in staging I am so exhausted...I knew I was toast...I did not just miss the tree I forgot to even look at it...I could not focus in the slightest...it did not matter anyway since he had a trip zip to my .104 tree...fuzzy has left the building...on to the trailer and back home by midnight after stopping for breakfast...

Next up for me is April 6 at Orlando and again April 20 in Orlando...these are summit series events but I will be racing just for the money...$60 entry to win $1750 in Pro ET...not too bad...at the 20th race I will be going back to foot feeding versus the button to get ready for the Bigfoot 40 event in Darlington SC the last weekend in aApril...that will be shown on MMTV for anyone interested in watching fuzzy mix it up with those sharks...lol...$40 grand to win footbrake event...woot!...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 03-24-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:08 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

FD,
Good to see your car is running well. I was at OSW on Sat and very happy that my C5 is back to performing the way it should! I am not completely sure what my tuner did to fix it on his second attempt but who cares. The driver was not too bad either as I went to the final in Pro and lost on a double breakout. Now if my tuner can figure out the C6 I will have two functional race cars for the first time! See you at OSW on April 6.
BIGMAC
Old 03-25-2019, 08:19 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Always fun to go rounds! Congrats to both of you.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:04 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Nice going, Mac...I am so happy for you...those double breakout's can be rough...maybe we can meet in the final on the 6th....lol...thanks Capt....

Get notified of new replies

To Two for One...not so Good...

Quick Reply: Two for One...not so Good...