C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Advice/input on splitter and side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:39 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Advice/input on splitter and side skirts

Looking to install a splitter and sideskirts on my z06. First part of suggestions I was looking for was on brand. Pricing is a factor for me, but still want quality items. Has anyone had any experience with EOS or C7 Carbon? Secondly, time frame is a factor, I know some take a month or longer to turn around. The last part I wanted advice on was thoughts on mixing carbon fiber and carbon flash. My issue is I have the exposed carbon fiber roof, so I was considering all of this in carbon fiber and adding a few other carbon fiber accessories such as hood vent, wings on spoiler and back lower brake duct vent. Any advice on doing that but still having carbon flash front vents, grill, mirrors, etc and how that may look mixed would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Markc2008; 03-24-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:48 PM
RecruiterRick
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i have used ACS carbon Fiber flash after market pieces and replaced the GM pieces that came on the car. They have been quick and helpfkl in ordering
best
Rick
Old 03-24-2019, 07:52 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Originally Posted by RecruiterRick
i have used ACS carbon Fiber flash after market pieces and replaced the GM pieces that came on the car. They have been quick and helpfkl in ordering
best
Rick
thanks Rick, did you mix some carbon fiber and flash then together? Acs looks to have some nice pieces
Old 03-24-2019, 07:59 PM
RecruiterRick
Advanced

all my pieces are flash ....sure glad I have had them when i picked up rocks with the soft tires ...so few chips
Old 03-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Yeah that is why I’m needing to get some, rock chips are killing me.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:03 PM
vettejeff
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I have done installs on over a dozen of my vet buds cars in WNY. If price is a concern stay with carbon flash. Ive installed splitters and skirts from both RPI and Acs and have had zero problems with either company. All I can say is watch for sales and free shipping.
The following users liked this post:
RecruiterRick (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,205 Likes on 2,147 Posts

Originally Posted by Markc2008
Looking to install a splitter and sideskirts on my z06. First part of suggestions I was looking for was on brand. Pricing is a factor for me, but still want quality items. Has anyone had any experience with EOS or C7 Carbon? Secondly, time frame is a factor, I know some take a month or longer to turn around. The last part I wanted advice on was thoughts on mixing carbon fiber and carbon flash. My issue is I have the exposed carbon fiber roof, so I was considering all of this in carbon fiber and adding a few other carbon fiber accessories such as hood vent, wings on spoiler and back lower brake duct vent. Any advice on doing that but still having carbon flash front vents, grill, mirrors, etc and how that may look mixed would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Don't order from EOS. I've ordered from there 3 times and the fitment was off on every part. If you're handy you can make it work by modifying it. Otherwise if you just want a direct plug and play, look elsewhere.

Not to mention they're in the process of stiffing me on some side skirts that came damaged. They keep saying they refunded my money but i didn't get it, nor a notification of it coming. They're delaying the whole process so the 30 day money back guarantee is done. That's what i'm thinking.

I decided to just not install side skirts anymore. And IF, IF i end up doing it after all in the future, i'm going with the ones that mount in the factory holes, that way you don't have to drill. The EOS skirts HAVE to be drilled into your rockers. I knew that when i purchased it but i was going to have a shop do it. When they came damaged, that was a sign to just get my money back. And even that i'm waiting on. Let's see how this ends.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:24 PM
RecruiterRick
Advanced

agree on free shipping
PCF is much more cost effective
with ACS they will bundle and discount some if you buy a variety of pieces at same time
Old 03-24-2019, 08:28 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

I have OEM side skirts and splitter for sale. New. Never installed....and with hardware and instructions.
They would go just fine with your carbon fiber roof and they are more than half off from what the dealer would sale them for.
Actually, new Z06 come from the factory with this same set up.
I have one last box left and can ship these out tomorrow.

PM me if you’re interested.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...de-skirts.html
Old 03-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Originally Posted by tcotta411
I have OEM side skirts and splitter for sale. New. Never installed....and with hardware and instructions.
They would go just fine with your carbon fiber roof and they are more than half off from what the dealer would sale them for.
Actually, new Z06 come from the factory with this same set up.
I have one last box left and can ship these out tomorrow.

PM me if you’re interested.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...de-skirts.html
thank you for the offer, however, looking for full side skirts and not the shorter 3/4 ones.
The following users liked this post:
tcotta411 (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 08:39 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Originally Posted by RobGZ06
Don't order from EOS. I've ordered from there 3 times and the fitment was off on every part. If you're handy you can make it work by modifying it. Otherwise if you just want a direct plug and play, look elsewhere.

Not to mention they're in the process of stiffing me on some side skirts that came damaged. They keep saying they refunded my money but i didn't get it, nor a notification of it coming. They're delaying the whole process so the 30 day money back guarantee is done. That's what i'm thinking.

I decided to just not install side skirts anymore. And IF, IF i end up doing it after all in the future, i'm going with the ones that mount in the factory holes, that way you don't have to drill. The EOS skirts HAVE to be drilled into your rockers. I knew that when i purchased it but i was going to have a shop do it. When they came damaged, that was a sign to just get my money back. And even that i'm waiting on. Let's see how this ends.
man that’s horrible, thank you for the heads up
Old 03-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Originally Posted by vettejeff
I have done installs on over a dozen of my vet buds cars in WNY. If price is a concern stay with carbon flash. Ive installed splitters and skirts from both RPI and Acs and have had zero problems with either company. All I can say is watch for sales and free shipping.
I was looking at RPI, their pricing is not that bad. Have you seen anyone running carbon fiber aero package with both carbon flash and fiber accent pieces?
Old 03-24-2019, 08:57 PM
vettejeff
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

No I haven't seen anyone mixing the two. Not sure how that would look? I kept everything on my Z carbon flash.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Markc2008
Racer

No I haven't seen anyone mixing the two. Not sure how that would look? I kept everything on my Z carbon flash.
thats what I’m afraid of.. but already have carbon fiber roof..
Old 03-24-2019, 08:59 PM
EASonBASS
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

I went with JW Motorsports carbon fiber side skirts. Been on about a year a holding up extremely well. These have predrilled holes for mounting front and rear. However one side’s holes were misaligned. Easy fix though. Took about a couple weeks to deliver.

You have the option of drilling between front and rear or 2 sided tape. I opted for tape.

I also have an exposed CF roof not on in the pic, obviously. Not a match in weave but you can’t tell as they’re about as far apart as you can get. In actuality, unless you look closely, the skirts appear to be black most of the time.

Last edited by EASonBASS; 03-24-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Markc2008
Racer

and would cost a fortune to replace everything that is carbon flash on car with carbon fiber
Old 03-24-2019, 09:45 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Originally Posted by EASonBASS

I went with JW Motorsports carbon fiber side skirts. Been on about a year a holding up extremely well. These have predrilled holes for mounting front and rear. However one side’s holes were misaligned. Easy fix though. Took about a couple weeks to deliver.

You have the option of drilling between front and rear or 2 sided tape. I opted for tape.

I also have an exposed CF roof not on in the pic, obviously. Not a match in weave but you can’t tell as they’re about as far apart as you can get. In actuality, unless you look closely, the skirts appear to be black most of the time.
thank you that is good feedback

Get notified of new replies

To Advice/input on splitter and side skirts

Old 03-24-2019, 10:52 PM
Markc2008
Racer

So big question is car has carbon fiber roof option.. so.. carbon fiber or carbon flash on side skirts and splitter?
Old 03-24-2019, 11:04 PM
SLEEKVET
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

See if someone near you has a Z06 car with carbon flash aero and then put your roof on it just to see what it looks like. It may look ok since the roof is a higher line of sight and not as noticeable. Check Corvette World in Texas, that is where I purchased my aero and a very nice price. Mine were all carbon flash. I left my 3/4 side skirts on and only did my rear and front splitter fairly reasonable.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:08 PM
Markc2008
Racer

Originally Posted by SLEEKVET
See if someone near you has a Z06 car with carbon flash aero and then put your roof on it just to see what it looks like. It may look ok since the roof is a higher line of sight and not as noticeable. Check Corvette World in Texas, that is where I purchased my aero and a very nice price. Mine were all carbon flash. I left my 3/4 side skirts on and only did my rear and front splitter fairly reasonable.
thanks that is a good idea. I think I’d prefer the carbon fiber aero parts.. but does that necessarily mean all the vents, spoiler and rear valence need to be carbon fiber to look right?

Quick Reply: Advice/input on splitter and side skirts