Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BattleAero Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:29 PM
Fast Eddie I
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BattleAero Install

I purchased an unused BattleAero XL 74" wing from a Forum member and plan to install it on a '07 C6Z. This will be a frame mount install as I have access to a great fabricator that has previously mounted a competitor wing on his C6Z. No instructions came with my wing. The actual mounts to the wing are self-explanatory. What I need to know is where this curved wing is in a neutral position.

I contacted BattleAero for guidance or a template... any type of help.. and was told that they have no instructions for mounting the wing. They stated that "I should consult a qualified installer". I contacted them [by email ]again to ask where the wing was most neutral. They have not responded. I cannot imagine that they sell these aero packages without supplying appropriate drilling, mounting, aero, etc. instructions! Bear that and their unwillingness to be of service after the sale when selecting a wing to buy.

To maximize the wing's adjustability, I need to have a starting point where the wing is most 'neutral'. Being a curved surface, my guess is it may be where the leading edge is level with the rear trailing edge. Lay a flat edge from the front to rear and, wherever level is, would be the most neutral aero effect?????

Has anyone installed this wing or would have any aero expertise to share? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:00 AM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

You need to lay a flat bar across the leading and trailing edge and measure. Whats neutral on your car may be different on someones elses car depending on front/rear ride height as that can change your rake as well.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:08 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

curious to see this. most battle aero is for parked imports. ill be curious as to your findings on its usefullness.
i think there price probly reflects the product. how did it look inperson? most of the battleaero wings ive seen the fiberglass is about as straight as a fat ladys ***. #lumpy #wavy

correct a wing is neutral when the highest front point and heightest rear point are level with the world/ground.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:27 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

They are definitely big in the import scene and are on plenty of parked imports, but a number of guys run them in time attack on the west coast. They aren't perfect, but the price reflects that. There are a number of global time attack guys that have gotten proven results from them though, you just have to figure your way through it.

Lookin forward to some pics!

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 04-19-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:03 PM
Fast Eddie I
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BattleAero Install

I purchased the fiberglass version. Instead of a quality gel-coat finish, BattleAero utilizes a thick vinyl wrap which had been marred and scratched by the prior owner. I'm awaiting warmer temperatures to finish it's stripping and removal. Thereafter, I plan to flat board and top glaze the surface followed by a carbon fiber or matte hydro-dip finish. The raw finish of the wing is not too bad although the surface has minor distortion resembling a '53 Corvette! That said, I'm not anticipating too much sanding. Being 74" in length and approx. 14" wide, the total surface area is immense. Angled properly, it is bound to create some down force.

My fabricator is mocking up the mounting stands now that we have some idea of where "neutral" should be. With track season beginning, it may be some time till the project is completed. Pics will follow then.

Thanks to all that offered an opinion.

FE

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
curious to see this. most battle aero is for parked imports. ill be curious as to your findings on its usefullness.
i think there price probly reflects the product. how did it look inperson? most of the battleaero wings ive seen the fiberglass is about as straight as a fat ladys ***. #lumpy #wavy

correct a wing is neutral when the highest front point and heightest rear point are level with the world/ground.

Get notified of new replies

To BattleAero Install

Quick Reply: BattleAero Install