C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 C6 AC/Clock display blank no AC

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 08:57 AM
rbryant19
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 C6 AC/Clock display blank no AC

I have a 2013 Grand Sport 2LT. I've had it for about two months and it has 27k miles. I encountered a problem about 3 weeks ago one night where I started the car and the AC/Clock display was blank. None of my ac controls worked, the Navigation and radio worked fine though.After driving about 20 minutes, the display came back up and everything worked perfectly. It happened again this morning so I left it parked. Is this an early sign that my AC unit is about to go out?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:57 PM
pwol1962
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The C6 corvettes are noted for having HVAC control unit issues. The screen goes blank, or the display starts flashing. My 07 Pace Car did the same thing as yours about a year ago, but so far the display is still working. However, my AC quit working several weeks ago. The AC compressor clutch is not engaging. Both the AC fuse and relay are good. Need to put gauges on the lines and check the static pressure. I might have a Freon leak or the compressor detonated.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:29 AM
rbryant19
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything AC wise works the way it should when the screen is displayed, it just doesn't work when the screen is blank. I haven't checked my fuses yet. I'll have to do that this afternoon.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:19 AM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by pwol1962
The C6 corvettes are noted for having HVAC control unit issues. The screen goes blank, or the display starts flashing. My 07 Pace Car did the same thing as yours about a year ago, but so far the display is still working. However, my AC quit working several weeks ago. The AC compressor clutch is not engaging. Both the AC fuse and relay are good. Need to put gauges on the lines and check the static pressure. I might have a Freon leak or the compressor detonated.
If you find that you Freon is low or none, the first place to look for leaks is the condenser at the very top and on the inside next to the radiator. Just did my 2006 and what I can tell you is the road crap and such get trapped way up top of the condenser and gets super heated and burns a hole in the core. Look for a wet spot from the oil.

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 C6 AC/Clock display blank no AC

Quick Reply: 2013 C6 AC/Clock display blank no AC